Injury Report: Jonathan Quick Injury Thread

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
First of all, those are quarterbacks not goalies, they're completely different. Secondly, they were replaced by young up and coming prospects with spectacular talent who eventually went on to become franchise QBs. They were not hot hands, they were younger, better QBs in the eyes of the organization.

Scrivens is a backup. He's fulfilling his role right now but sooner or later, he is going to come back down to earth, so hopefully Quick will be ready by then. But even if he somehow sustains this, you still put your franchise goaltender back in.

I just came to see how Scrivens is doing and glad he is doing well.

When you say come back down to earth, I want to say we didn't give you guys a bag of pucks for Bernier. Scrivens is an extremely smart young man and he can back that up athletically. He may be playing a little over his head and not as good as Quick when Quick is on but he is in all honesty a great tender.

Good luck in the west guys.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I just came to see how Scrivens is doing and glad he is doing well.

When you say come back down to earth, I want to say we didn't give you guys a bag of pucks for Bernier. Scrivens is an extremely smart young man and he can back that up athletically. He may be playing a little over his head and not as good as Quick when Quick is on but he is in all honesty a great tender.

Good luck in the west guys.

I know, that wasn't a shot at Scrivens, but I don't think you guys gave us the second coming of Dominik Hasek either which is what he is playing like right now. I don't expect him to play like this forever.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Why hasn't the club placed him on IR?

He's not currently on the IR because the club doesn't need to free up a roster spot. Regular IR doesn't have any cap space benefits so unless we need to make a call-up or activate someone there's not much point in filling out the paperwork.

LTIR does have cap benefits as teams are allowed to spend over the cap by the portion of the players cap hit that they were on LTIR. However, this carries a minimum of 10 games or 24 days, whichever is longer. Luckily, this can be done retroactively to the day he was injured so even though he's not on LTIR yet if Lombardi decides to do so tomorrow it would be as if he'd been on LTIR since November 12th. This would then mean that he'd be ineligible to return until 12/7.

Tadite

Feb 27, 2002
Rhode Island
Visit site
Not so much about Quick but what I'm a bit confused by is why we haven't called up another d-man. It's been a lot of games with just 6 d-men on the team. Kinda of strange?

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
Not so much about Quick but what I'm a bit confused by is why we haven't called up another d-man. It's been a lot of games with just 6 d-men on the team. Kinda of strange?

My guess would be that it's cap related.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
He's not currently on the IR because the club doesn't need to free up a roster spot. Regular IR doesn't have any cap space benefits so unless we need to make a call-up or activate someone there's not much point in filling out the paperwork.

LTIR does have cap benefits as teams are allowed to spend over the cap by the portion of the players cap hit that they were on LTIR. However, this carries a minimum of 10 games or 24 days, whichever is longer. Luckily, this can be done retroactively to the day he was injured so even though he's not on LTIR yet if Lombardi decides to do so tomorrow it would be as if he'd been on LTIR since November 12th. This would then mean that he'd be ineligible to return until 12/7.

They had to call up Jones.

And see Tadite, below. There are only six D on the roster.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
They had to call up Jones.

And see Tadite, below. There are only six D on the roster.

Right, but they put Greene on the IR to make room for Jones, which means Greene's injury was deemed worse than Quick's (at least at the time). Again, its a matter of not limiting someone to the IR unless they had to. They're not going to call up a spare defensemen to sit in the press box because they don't have the cap space, and the only way to make space is to commit to Quick being out at least until December 7th. We've been told he's likely out for longer than that, but it does us no favors putting him on IR until we had to. In order to activate Carter, we needed a roster spot, so that's why Quick is on IR now.

It'll be the same with Frattin. We don't know how long he's out, but Lombardi won't put him on IR until either Greene or Quick are ready to go, or one of our 6 Dmen go down and we have to call up Schultz. If the latter happens, either Quick, Frattin, or Lewis have to move to LTIR so that we have the cap space as well as the roster space.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA

LTIR is 10 days and 24 days not or. Which is really why many were asking about Carter and putting him on LTIR since it looked like he would miss that much. He was able to come back one day sooner and play last night just because the team didn't use LTIR and only moved him to IR.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
@reallisa Per Kings PR, in Nashville: All the players made the trip, including Willie Mitchell ...and drum roll...Jonathan Quick.

tumblr_men412qttu1ra2pwh.gif

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Jones lost one... send him back to the AHL!!!!

Man that's just funny... :laugh:

Good to have Quick coming back... Jones will make the big show soon.... Oh yeah and Scrivens earned himself a good shot in the UFA market!!!

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I dunno has Scrivens looked a little peaked to you guys lately?

Maybe he needs to go on IR for a week or two until he feels better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad