Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - So comman Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Just saying, looking at the centers in our division, Drouin isn’t going to match well against their #1s.

Matthews
Eichel
Stamkos
Barkov
Bergeron

I’d say we are pretty even against Ottawa.

That's one of the most depressing lists I've seen in a while. Our lack of centers is just pitiful.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Drouin number one center confirmed. #29 C in the league according to corsica hockey
Screenshot_20180321-180820.png

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Having favourites is normal, what isn't normal is letting it get in the way of your 3rd overall pick, or having it become a reason you trade away your superstar defenceman. There is a threshold at which point the favouritism causes problems and we are so far past it that it's been a huge issue for us. And regardless of whether you were in favour of it in the past, you're now not arguing the actual point but trying to deflect the actual argument. It was a poor excuse back then and it still is one now.

And that's exactly what people did in all those Desharnais/Eller/Galchenyuk threads. They criticized Desharnais usage but they were still labelled haters. Most of the Drouin criticism is also usage, C vs W, but your claiming it's just haters who want to tear Drouin down to either make Galchenyuk look better or make Bergevin look bad.

As for Plekanec, I'll use your exact words. That's not how it comes off...
Bang On !

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Drouin number one center confirmed. #29 C in the league according to corsica hockey View attachment 106415
It's not that he is entirely bad at playing hockey, it's the lack of effort in key situations (like, softly covering his guy in OT that led to a loss) that magnifies the guy's weaknesses. Maybe on a stacked team he can find his niche like he did with TB but as the go to guy it's been really awful this year.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I only watch highlights but he looks pretty engaged. Could it have been lingering effects of the injury mixed with learning a new position?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Throwing a guy like Gallagher who does lots of dirty work has been a big help for him.

Byron has been solid on that line, but I'd be intrigued to see a more skilled guy like Hudon tried with Drouin/Gally.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Drouin is a pretty good player nobody doubt that but he is not a center.

What do think is holding him back, just curious? I feel like he has made some pretty good strides lately and his play without the puck and D is getting way more solid.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Meaningless games, top minutes and playing against backup goalies. If this guy is your top offensive player it’s golf town come playoff time. But he’s french so its all good.

Think galchenyuk will make the team win? Lol

What do think is holding him back, just curious? I feel like he has made some pretty good strides lately and his play without the puck and D is getting way more solid.

Outside of the obvious defensive issues in his game, people's dislike for BERGEVIN, as well as their insistence on galchenyuk being more deserving, doesn't allow them to see anything good in Drouin's game. He's french so that must be why right? Why are people even fans of the habs if they clearly have issues with french people lol.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I think Drouin need another player for him to do the dirty work.. go to the net, work on the board.

He is best when he has space and to distribute the puck. I think gallagher is a good fit for that. Pacioretty was not that type of player. Drouin will becomr better because of this year. I think he is learning that in the NHL you have to execute faster and compete more. Once he will figure everything out he will be very dangerous. We have to be patient with him he is still a young guy learning his rope.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
But Chucky is an amazing center right?

Funny how you avoid giving props to Galchenyuk.

Anyhow, Drouin has been a disappointment (like most players on the team) this season but really hoping he turns things around next season.

I'm a big fan of Drouin and hoping for the best, not just for him, but for the team as well.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
24 points in his last 36 games, looking better lately.

We will all take this for what it is like we did with Galchenyuk. If JD follows up next year with roughly ppg results I'll eat my hat.
If he's not on the wing were are fubared.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
In meaningless games against backup goalies.:thumbu:
But you understand that goes for Galchenyuk as well then right?? I think both have stunk this year but if we’re gonna say Drouin is scoring cuz games are meaningless, we have to say the same for Galchenyuk who had 3 goals in Jan and feb Combined

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
They are both 2nd line forwards.

They both have the offensive talent to be more than that.
Funny how you avoid giving props to Galchenyuk.

Anyhow, Drouin has been a disappointment (like most players on the team) this season but really hoping he turns things around next season.

I'm a big fan of Drouin and hoping for the best, not just for him, but for the team as well.

There's a whole fan club to do that already, and they're pretty vocal, so I feel the need to give Drouin some credit cuz he's been doing relatively well lately and no one's noticing it.

Golden boy goes first as usual...

We will all take this for what it is like we did with Galchenyuk. If JD follows up next year with roughly ppg results I'll eat my hat.
If he's not on the wing were are fubared.

I've seen improvement in his game at center...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad