Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin: "In an ideal world he's a winger," Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Give me any year end tape of a team in the NHL and I'll round up dozens of excuses coming from each GM......anyone can spin anything anyone says.....

This is a results driven business. If you can't fill the holes the team has had for 6 years, and want to survive on signing fringe NHL players and waiver wire pickups, GTFO and step aside.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We are the laugh of the league, we can now look at Leaf and Oiler fans in a whole new light.

We need a few bad years in a row before we even reach the level the Oilers and Leafs were for many years.

As far as center and miss managing Subban/Galchenyuk, I do agree we are the laugh of the league. Even our fan base laughs at it lol

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Drouin is a awesome young talent and will only mature as he heads into his prime years and we surround him with better players that complement his game.

One of my favorite players to watch and we need to let him go out and play his game.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
It is not a fail. It just looking bad for the moment. Drouin gonna thrive on a wing where he belongs.

Sergachev is surrounded by a tremendous hockey team and team mates. It is darn easy to get assists when you pass the puck to any of the top-six forwards on that team.
The only way this trade would pass the test was if
A) Drouin was a capable center-- he's not
B) Radulov and Markov were still here (or someone to replace them) -- they're not

It's a failure across the line.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
The only way this trade would pass the test was if
A) Drouin was a capable center-- he's not
B) Radulov and Markov were still here -- they're not

It's a failure across the line.

Sorry. I don't understand your point. Doesn't make sense. The trade for Drouin and the non-signing of Radulov and-or Markov are not related at all.

Drouin, playing at his natural position, could get 60 + more points eventually per season and help this team to WIN, which is the bottom line.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
So the line is going to be Chuck-De La Rose-Drouin?

I mean... At least JD is playing where he should be playing. That's a positive. Now there can't be any excuses for not producing.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Sorry. I don't understand your point. Doesn't make sense. The trade for Drouin and the non-signing of Radulov and-or Markov are not related at all.

Drouin, playing at his natural position, could get 60 + more points eventually per season and help this team to WIN, which is the bottom line.

Markov and Radulov couldn't help us win? The trade for Drouin isn't related to not having Markov and Rads. You are right.

Drouin with Rads and Markov make this team better. No doubt in that.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
So the line is going to be Chuck-De La Rose-Drouin?

I mean... At least JD is playing where he should be playing. That's a positive. Now there can't be any excuses for not producing.

Well , glad the experiment is over for atleast 1 period eh?

Anyway, DLR in between Gally27 and Drou , might actually be good for all of them.Just get the puck to Gally27 and Drou and get some p0ints for DLR's for confidence ...

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL

The point of trading Sergachev was to add to the rest of the group seeing as we were trying to win now. If you weren't gonna retain or replace Radulov and Markov, why even trade Sergachev?

And that's not even the worst part.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Well , glad the experiment is over for atleast 1 period eh?

Anyway, DLR in between Gally27 and Drou , might actually be good for all of them.Just get the puck to Gally27 and Drou and get some p0ints for DLR's for confidence ...

At the same time, when DLR was put next to Chucky (a month or 2 ago ? I don't remember), he did actually look decent, then out of nowhere he was back on the 4th line and scratched after that.

This team is such a mess... at least JD is back on wing, but, like you said, if only Julien could stop messing the lines for no apparent reasons.

On a side note, I was really happy when Therrien was fired and Julien hired, even if I knew he was a defensive coach, at least I thought he was miles ahead of Therrien.

Even though the team assembled by MB is laughable, damn I'm disappointed about the way Julien handle his roster... (even if I think MB is imposing his ideas, like he imposed his foxhole friends as assistant coaches...)

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
I like how he goes from being, "the best option we have at center" according to the GM and then two centers get hurt and Drouin moves to wing. Such a terribly run organization from top to bottom.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
DLR has developed well. He’s got limited offense but he can offer value if he plays hard, uses his body to finishes checks and be defensive aware.

Galchenyuk / DLR / Drouin. Not a bad option to try IMO

DLR is like Brian Flynn. Someone you get for 5th round picks any time you want.

MTL uses a second to develop there own and its a win in your eyes. Zero standards and expectations

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

I’ll wait until I see him on the wing for an extended time before making a full accessment on him but my early opinion is that he would have to improve a heck of a lot at even strength to even touch 60 points as it’s unlikely he’ll be playing on a PP like Tampa’s. We’ve tried him everywhere this season on the PP and although he will likely put up lots of points on it eventually, he’s not the PP driver fans who were super happy about this trade made him out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad