Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin: "In an ideal world he's a winger," Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
This team is built around excuses, run by people with excuses, he fits right in.
Give me any year end tape of a team in the NHL and I'll round up dozens of excuses coming from each GM......anyone can spin anything anyone says.....

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
So big time fail on Yzerman for not picking up on that when they drafted him over Seth Jones??.......

Jaffy just stop it.
Last time I checked Yzerman was light years ahead of us in every important vertical.
One would hope you could accept the totality of failures with our group without pointing out some of the mistakes in others. "First remove the beam in your eye before attempting to remove the mote in others"

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Jaffy just stop it.
Last time I checked Yzerman was light years ahead of us in every important vertical.
One would hope you could accept the totality of failures with our group without pointing out some of the mistakes in others. "First remove the beam in your eye before attempting to remove the mote in others"
So he made a mistake in drafting Drouin? Why is it that people can use GMs from other teams to make our GM look bad but we can't use mistakes from other GMs to show that shit happens?

This is a HABS forum and it's frowned upon to point out mistakes of other GMs but praised when I can make my GM look bad.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
So he made a mistake in drafting Drouin? Why is it that people can use GMs from other teams to make our GM look bad but we can't use mistakes from other GMs to show that **** happens?

This is a HABS forum and it's frowned upon to point out mistakes of other GMs but praised when I can make my GM look bad.

They aren't even in the same category so no you can't. Trust me on this people aren't nor do they need to use other GM's to make Marc Bergevin look bad. He's done that all on his own starting immediately after our ECF.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If CH had cashed in on even half of his opportunities more people would be talking about how he is a Better overall hockey player.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
So big time fail on Yzerman for not picking up on that when they drafted him over Seth Jones??.......

If Tampa was sitting in a position right now where they had a glaring hole that Seth Jones could’ve filled, it would be considered a failure. He’s managed to micromanage contracts to make their window last as long as possible, made trades that actually address needs, traded who was his starting goalie at the time and was a two time Vezina finalist for someone younger and cheaper, stayed firm with his superstar player in Stamkos and without insulting him in the process, etc. Yzerman deserves praise for what he’s done.

List of things Bergevin has done. Traded a 27 year old elite defenceman coming into his prime for a 31 year old exiting his in a 1 for 1 swap, traded a blue chip defensive prospect, one of the only pieces we had left that could bring in or fill a big need for us for an undersized winger, gave out horrible contracts to average defenceman like Emelin and Alzner, constantly signing/trading for bottom 6 players that make little to no impact, gave a 30 year old goalie an $83 million dollar contract extension that consists of $70 million in sining bonuses, let both Radulov and Markov walk for nothing, ran with Desharnais as a 1C for 4 seasons, Andrew Shaw deal and extension, completely overhauling a defence in a matter of a season and making it much worse. There’s more but I’ll stop there.

If I had to pick a few pros for Bergevin, he turned nothing into a 3c Danault and the Vanek deadline deal was a great trade despite Vanek not doing much in the playoffs. There’s a few smaller things like acquiring smaller fish like Weise that you could call a success but if you look at the list of his accomplishments vs his failures, there’s a reason why he people want his head. Trying to compare what he’s done to Tampa is a huge slap in the face to Yzerman. He doesn’t sit around and say “trades are hard.” He goes out and looks to take advantage of vulnerable GM’s like Bergevin.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
If Tampa was sitting in a position right now where they had a glaring hole that Seth Jones could’ve filled, it would be considered a failure. He’s managed to micromanage contracts to make their window last as long as possible, made trades that actually address needs, traded who was his starting goalie at the time and was a two time Vezina finalist for someone younger and cheaper, stayed firm with his superstar player in Stamkos and without insulting him in the process, etc. Yzerman deserves praise for what he’s done.

List of things Bergevin has done. Traded a 27 year old elite defenceman coming into his prime for a 31 year old exiting his in a 1 for 1 swap, traded a blue chip defensive prospect, one of the only pieces we had left that could bring in or fill a big need for us for an undersized winger, gave out horrible contracts to average defenceman like Emelin and Alzner, constantly signing/trading for bottom 6 players that make little to no impact, gave a 30 year old goalie an $83 million dollar contract extension that consists of $70 million in sining bonuses, let both Radulov and Markov walk for nothing, ran with Desharnais as a 1C for 4 seasons, Andrew Shaw deal and extension, completely overhauling a defence in a matter of a season and making it much worse. There’s more but I’ll stop there.

If I had to pick a few pros for Bergevin, he turned nothing into a 3c Danault and the Vanek deadline deal was a great trade despite Vanek not doing much in the playoffs. There’s a few smaller things like acquiring smaller fish like Weise that you could call a success but if you look at the list of his accomplishments vs his failures, there’s a reason why he people want his head. Trying to compare what he’s done to Tampa is a huge slap in the face to Yzerman. He doesn’t sit around and say “trades are hard.” He goes out and looks to take advantage of vulnerable GM’s like Bergevin.

one of the best posts ever :clap:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Happy that Drouin is on the wing. I'm happy he's still with Galchenyuk. I'm okay with DLR as their center.

He's got speed and size so he can keep up with them. He's good on the forecheck. He's real good defensively. And when Drouin was out earlier in the year and DLR centered Galchenyuk, he actually put points on the board. So it's worth a shot.

Jul 6, 2016
not really.....i just knew the trade was a fail from day one

It is not a fail. It just looking bad for the moment. Drouin gonna thrive on a wing where he belongs.

Sergachev is surrounded by a tremendous hockey team and team mates. It is darn easy to get assists when you pass the puck to any of the top-six forwards on that team.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
We're back to the Yzerman whataboutisms? Thought we'd atleast made some progress and moved on to Chayka or Botterill.

Well its hard to keep up working the way thru the leagye.

We have went thru what about Poile, Nashville, Dallas, Washington etc.

Hey but what bout Stevey Y, he missed on Jones so.....

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad