Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin: "In an ideal world he's a winger," Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't think he is playing his game and he is drowning a bit due to trying to adjust to the center role and also how bad of a season we are having as a team. His energy has decreased from the beginning of the year and I don't blame the kid.

You may be right but the drowning may have more to do with expectations and the contract he signed. I remember when I first turned on Desharnais and it was very shortly after he signed his new deal and stopped playing like he had to just to make it here.
What we do know about his time in Tampa is he had to earn his ice time with that club. Some players don't react well to being gifted opportunity and often team mates don't react well to players who either aren't or don't seem to be giving much effort.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You may be right but the drowning may have more to do with expectations and the contract he signed. I remember when I first turned on Desharnais and it was very shortly after he signed his new deal and stopped playing like he had to just to make it here.
What we do know about his time in Tampa is he had to earn his ice time with that club. Some players don't react well to being gifted opportunity and often team mates don't react well to players who either aren't or don't seem to be giving much effort.

I think Drouin can be a center if he matures a bit but on our team with too many soft forwards, he is going to struggle. I like Drouin as he is fun to watch when he is at his best but we have a lot of work to do to surround him with the right players up front.

Will be interesting to see how Drouin and Galchenyuk work on the wings as DLR plays center. I like how DLR plays a simple game and finishes his checks. He has no shot and limited offensive in stinks but I am interested to see if he can open up some space for his wingers

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Sure but Drouin has the most skill on the team by a mile in my opinion. Maybe putting him on the wing will allow him to maximize that.

No. I’d say Galchenyuk has more skill, and is better at finishing plays and playmaking.

Galchenyuk was always the Center we needed, but management was too impatient with him and basically he’s damaged goods now. If Galchenyuk would’ve started Center in his career, and if we would’ve been patient and wise, today, we’d have the first liner Center we needed. Even if he failed his first year or two, so what? With time, he would’ve improved and matured.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
No. I’d say Galchenyuk has more skill, and is better at finishing plays and playmaking.

Galchenyuk was always the Center we needed, but management was too impatient with him and basically he’s damaged goods now. If Galchenyuk would’ve started Center in his career, and if we would’ve been patient and wise, today, we’d have the first liner Center we needed. Even if he failed his first year or two, so what? With time, he would’ve improved and matured.

The thing is he isn’t damaged goods. We could still very much play him at Center and see a lot of success. It’s the people making the decisions that are casting him away as some unredeemable center.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

He has a better shot absolutely but I think drouin can be better. Good place to be if we keep both and they play to their potential.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Bust of a trade

I was thinking this exact phrase... BUST. I mean, I think he is talented and all and blame the management for ruining him this season.

Let’s trade for him, declare him our #1 center while we lose a top-3 forward and our defenseman with the best vision on the team. Never mind he’s never played center consistently at the NHL level...

Reactions: ArsHabs and JLP

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Just a mentally and physically weak player it seems.

Wants everything given to him and doesnt want to put the work in.
I wouldnt be surprised if he asks to be traded soon..:laugh:

Small, soft, not particulary fast, below average defensively and makes too many low % plays all over the ice.. Exactly what we needed!!

Cant wait to watch my boy Sergachev winning the Stanley Cup at his first Pro year.. Oléee Olé Olé Olééééé Olééé Oléeee!!

Last edited:

AshyHabs

Biceps>Brains
Dec 27, 2015
Montreal
Drouin. Another overhyped French hometown boy. This isn't the flying Frenchmen days. Jonathan Drouin aka Louis LeBlanc aka Jacob de la bust aka (enter other shitty players here.)

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Reactions: ArsHabs

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

That's Montreal for ya.

Step 1: Acquire local player.

Step 2: Set up unrealistic expectations for the player.

Step 3: Player can't meet unrealistic expectations.

Step 4: Fans and media question the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->