Recalled/Assigned: John Albert up at the big club

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
While I am on the same page, I am not surprised in the slightest.

...and of course the Jets will somehow pull a win out of their ass so Noel can say "I told you so."

I would possibly kil man just to make this not a possibility....that's how afraid i am of it happening.

Everytime Noel makes some adjustments and starts winning me back (ie starting monty more, leaving schief frolik hali together, schief on PP, etc)he does something like this.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
allan5oh made a good point in the other thread, Thorburn probably won't be getting a regular shift on the 2nd line. I'd expect he'll get scattered shifts with Jokinen and Gooch, probably platooned with Frolik and Halischuk.

Doesn't make the decision not to recall O'Dell any less strange, but I don't think we have to worry about Thorbs getting 14 minutes of icetime this game. Famous last words...

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Rumour is Albert is in and Tangradi scratched.

Thorburn on 2nd line.

These decisions don't seem competent IMO but I'm just a regular dude.

Well, it doesn't concern me - but then again, I've got a bad case of Calder Cup FEVER!!!1!!1!!

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
A couple of people have mentioned Jaffray, which I completely disagree with. He just doesn't have the speed to be effective at the NHL level. He would play the role of grinder up here, but he isn't fast enough to be effective on the fore check so he really has no use in the line up.

Kind of the problem with O'Dell too.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
I think you have to ask which line is our second line? I would say it has been the Halischuk, Shief, Frolik line. Thorbs is really just replacing Kane on the third line.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
I spotted Thorbs playing on the second line after Kane's injury. It makes sense. After all, I've always thought that Thorbs would finally blossom when moved to his off-wing. He's sort of like Hedberg or an early version of Ovechkin. :sarcasm:

Maybe this is Noel's way of taking a dig at Chevy and all of his critics. "You expect me to win with this crappy sort of line-up depth?"

lol You made me spit out my coffee with that one :laugh:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I fear Halischuk-Scheifele-Frolik getting larger QoC matchups though than the sheltered ones they've been fed... then again, they are playing AV and AV prefers zone matching over line matching.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
I have no clue why there's so much chat over this guy, every time I see this thread I think of this old Canadian Tire ad

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
That's what I figured, but my viewing of him is limited. But when I have seen him play, he appears to be too slow for the NHL game.

Jaffray's actually a good comparable for O'Dell in terms of people Winnipeg knows. Jaffray's more physical though, O'Dell has better hands, both are just not good enough for top 6, not greasy enough to last bottom 6. O'Dell is younger and potentially on the upswing too.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Jaffray's actually a good comparable for O'Dell in terms of people Winnipeg knows. Jaffray's more physical though, O'Dell has better hands, both are just not good enough for top 6, not greasy enough to last bottom 6. O'Dell is younger and potentially on the upswing too.

O`Dell also has FAR greater hockey IQ...

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
Just so I have this straight:

-We have a physical, scoring LW go down with an injury
-We also have a marked deficiency at the centre position
-That deficiency has forced a regular LW to play centre (although surprisingly well)

Our AHL team has the following players:

-A point-a-game centreman with good possession statistics (O'Dell) who leads the team in scoring for the second consecutive year.
-A very physical LW turned centre (Lowry) who was a top scorer in Junior last year (as a LW)
-A veteran LW (Jaffray), who happens to be third on the team in scoring
-What position does the team's second leading scorer play, you ask? That would also be LW (Mouillierat).

So who do we call up?
A centreman with more PM than points (although I will admit this is one of Kane's strengths too) who is the seventh leading scorer.

I have no words to describe how I feel right now

Lowry has been a little disappointing this year since his injury and hardly earned a call up

Jaffrey im sure is on a AHL contract as is Mouillierat,same reason Sampson anit called up who in my mind would be the best fit,but he too is on a AHL deal

Albert kills pims and plays on a energy line,his role is not scoring

TheRock

Oct 13, 2012
Did someone say something? 3:51 seconds in the NHL and the little hard working digger got one! well done Johny from all your fans on the Rock!:yo:

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Lowry has been a little disappointing this year since his injury and hardly earned a call up

Jaffrey im sure is on a AHL contract as is Mouillierat,same reason Sampson anit called up who in my mind would be the best fit,but he too is on a AHL deal

Albert kills pims and plays on a energy line,his role is not scoring

Samson is on a 2 way I believe.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Did someone say something? 3:51 seconds in the NHL and the little hard working digger got one! well done Johny from all your fans on the Rock!:yo:

this was an Epic moment

Who is BBQ'ing the crow.....anyone want to my the grill :handclap::laugh::laugh:

You really can't make this stuff up!

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
I remember those Canadian Tire commercials. Albert, Albert!! Lol. Good on the kid. I am rooting for him.

Last edited:

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Nice. With his parents and best friend driving all the way from Cleveland for the game. It would be a thrill just to see him, even drawing that first penalty would have been good. But a goal, and such a nice one, on his first shot. No one can take that away from him, ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad