Confirmed with Link: JG Pageau Signed 2 year 1 way deal

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Paul-Pageau-White
Puempel/Prince-Smith-Lazar

Next season :)

Replace White with cheap UFA if he's not ready.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Paul will mostly likely replace Smith in due time. White most likely will start at wing. JGP is the perfect 3rd line center.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Paul will mostly likely replace Smith in due time. White most likely will start at wing. JGP is the perfect 3rd line center.

I think Lazar or White could eventually end up replacing Pageau at 3rd line centre & Paul start at 4th line centre with Smith playing so well on the left wing this yr.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
JGP has played the posession game far better than Zibby has in the top 6 ,and fits much better with Stone :handclap:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think Lazar or White could eventually end up replacing Pageau at 3rd line centre & Paul start at 4th line centre with Smith playing so well on the left wing this yr.

Yeah, they could. But not any time soon. JGP is an amazing 3rd line center. Where's Derek Grant???

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I would not give pageau anything long term. That's how we get in trouble. Locking up bottom 6ers.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Greening's contract was bad. Guys like Smith and Neil have done a solid job.

Smith Has done a solid job *this year*. Neil has been done for a good 3 years now.

But it's a bad habit to get into. We need to lock up the elites. Implement a good system and development. And just let the bottom six be a revolving door. We can't be giving that money and term to those guys.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Smith has not been very good on the wing this year. He was a disaster with Turris and Stone for 15 games. Ironically he has only looked good on the wing next to the guy you keep pushing to be moved out (Pageau).
Yeah, they could. But not any time soon. JGP is an amazing 3rd line center. Where's Derek Grant???

:laugh:

I'll go even further into the Aragorn vault of size-based madness; Pageau and Prince were going to have to start in the ECHL because there wasn't room for them. You know, because of the prospect that was obviously better than them... Jakub Culek. :lol:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Smith has not been very good on the wing this year. He was a disaster with Turris and Stone for 15 games. Ironically he has only looked good on the wing next to the guy you keep pushing to be moved out (Pageau).

:laugh:

I'll go even further into the Aragorn vault of size-based madness; Pageau and Prince were going to have to start in the ECHL because there wasn't room for them. You know, because of the prospect that was obviously better than them... Jakub Culek. :lol:

Smith has always looked better at center then on the wing. He's a great fourth line player, but he's the kind of guy that can be moved out for someone younger. He's a solid piece, but replaceable.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Smith has always looked better at center then on the wing. He's a great fourth line player, but he's the kind of guy that can be moved out for someone younger. He's a solid piece, but replaceable.

Agreed. He's been a good 4th line C this year. No reason to play him anywhere else.

Move him if the return is nice, or if you know you have a better young replacement.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Pageau is scoring at an almost identical pace to last year. Maybe even less. I find that weird.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Pageau is scoring at an almost identical pace to last year. Maybe even less. I find that weird.

Since with Ottawa, he has been consistently on a 35 pt pace. 35-40 pts and 15-20 goals is pretty good for a 2way 3rd liner.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Where's Conacher, Petersson, Sorenson, Locke, SDC ....?

Where's Culek, Aneloski, Cowen, Boyle, Kramer, Cowick, Costello, Sdao?

Your size bias takes SO MUCH away from your posting.

You know, maybe a player is more than a number next to his height?

If you can't see how far that bias is away from reality, I have no clue what to tell you at this point these many years later.

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa

I think it's a good pace for him to be at. Never plays PP, I assume most of his zone starts are D-zone or neutral zone (if I'm reading correctly it's 42% d-zone and 38% neutral zone), and as others have said, his linemates are ass.

His goal vs assist total highlights the point. He generates his own offense while the others on his line aren't. I suppose the argument could go the other way and you could say he doesn't help his linemates generate offense, but we all know he has anchors on his wings.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Where's Culek, Aneloski, Cowen, Boyle, Kramer, Cowick, Costello, Sdao?

Your size bias takes SO MUCH away from your posting.

You know, maybe a player is more than a number next to his height?

If you can't see how far that bias is away from reality, I have no clue what to tell you at this point these many years later.

I don't think I'm the only one who thinks size down the middle is important.

“On paper, I’d like to have a dream team, and that dream team would include a big strong centre … with a big strong winger on one side, and a big strong wigner on the other, with two big strong defenceman, and a huge goalie,†said coach Dave Cameron. “Size is important in this game, and that’s part of the skill set. If you don’t have it, you don’t. There’s a lot of small good players. But I think big is good, especially in the centre position. It heps.â€

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

“On paper, I’d like to have a dream team, and that dream team would include a big strong centre … with a big strong winger on one side, and a big strong wigner on the other, with two big strong defenceman, and a huge goalie,” said coach Dave Cameron. “Size is important in this game, and that’s part of the skill set. If you don’t have it, you don’t. There’s a lot of small good players. But I think big is good, especially in the centre position. It helps.”

Certainly not, that's not what everyone finds absurd.

What everyone mocks you for is your insistence of having big guys, regardless of their talents.

If you had your way, Paul would be suited up over Pageau, regardless of Pageau being our best bottom 6 player and Paul being awful in the AHL, that's the type of thinking that people question you for.

As well as essentially coming to conclusions depending on size.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

“On paper, I’d like to have a dream team, and that dream team would include a big strong centre … with a big strong winger on one side, and a big strong wigner on the other, with two big strong defenceman, and a huge goalie,†said coach Dave Cameron. “Size is important in this game, and that’s part of the skill set. If you don’t have it, you don’t. There’s a lot of small good players. But I think big is good, especially in the centre position. It helps.â€

If we do not draft one of the four or five really impressive D prospects, I hope we draft Dubois. That frees Zibanejad+ to be dealt for a Top 3 Dman and we should also sign a UFA Top 4 Dman.

We have good depth down the middle and Pageau is showing he can really shine when he's given NHL calibre line mates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad