Confirmed with Link: JG Pageau Signed 2 year 1 way deal

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Call me crazy but I see Pageau getting 40-50 points next season if he gets to play with Stone on a regular basis. He's only 23 and he keeps improving steadily. Wouldn't be surprised if he sustained these numbers throughout his career.

Well, he is on pace for 39 pts right now, and the way he played lately and with the Turris injury, it's almost a lock that he gets over 40 pts THIS year.

Another success we developed. Too bad we are the farm of the NHL!

Jaromir Jagrbombs

Sep 24, 2010
Ottawa, ON
I was bored at work today and was curious as to what JGP's point production vs salary looked like. I calculated that to this point, JGP has produced 1 point for every $22,580 of his salary for 2015-2016 (ie 1 point from JGP has "cost" the organization $22,580). For comparison, Patrick Kane has produced 1 point for every $156,818 of his salary (signing bonus included) for 2015-2016. A few Sens comparables are:

Hoff - 1 point for every $43,478
Stone - 1 point for every $45,000
Zib - 1 point for every $50,000

I know this information is pretty meaningless, and I just calculated this for fun, but I thought it was pretty interesting how "valuable" JGP's point production has been to the organization this season.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Funny how on the main boards we posted he could be one of the league best 3rd line centers and....We get the usual Montreal fans chiming in about how he only scores against them,and general lack of knowledge about how good he actually is

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Funny how on the main boards we posted he could be one of the league best 3rd line centers and....We get the usual Montreal fans chiming in about how he only scores against them,and general lack of knowledge about how good he actually is

Montreal badly wanted him he is everything they need a french players who can play both ends so that is why Habs fans bash him.

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
Hopefully they can sign Pageau to a long extension after this bridge deal. Does anyone think he would take a 8 year/28 million contract (3.5 million a year cap hit)? I think that would be ideal for both sides.

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
The only way for a small market team to compete is to:

a) have players on entry level years have big impacts
b) sign players long term for under market prices

I think Pageau's game will age very well. He has some offensive skill and can play on the bottom six if needed. These are the types of players the team needs to look at locking up at a discount wherever possible.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I had a nightmare that Pageau was traded the other night when he turned the puck over...On that note I need to get a life. But Pageau is awesome and one of the few guys on this team that looks like he wants to win games.

SensNation613

Dec 30, 2013
Ottawa
Vermette 2.0

Absolutely adore his game, he's like Vermette but with more grit. I think we need to sign him to a 4-5 year deal. He should be looked at as an A in the future too, everything about his game impresses me.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Vermette 2.0

Absolutely adore his game, he's like Vermette but with more grit. I think we need to sign him to a 4-5 year deal. He should be looked at as an A in the future too, everything about his game impresses me.

Vermette has wayyy better hands and is cuter.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Dunno about Leclaire

1302507794535_ORIGINAL.jpg

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm not but when he was here you'd never hear the end of how attractive he was from female fans. Same with Fisher and Leclaire

Dan Savage, popular vocal gay guy columnist in the US, even mentioned him in one of his online columns in the early 2000's, back when the Xpress would print them.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Vermette 2.0

Seriously. You need quality players like Pageau in the bottom 6.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The only way for a small market team to compete is to:

a) have players on entry level years have big impacts
b) sign players long term for under market prices

I think Pageau's game will age very well. He has some offensive skill and can play on the bottom six if needed. These are the types of players the team needs to look at locking up at a discount wherever possible.

Not true. According to some, you could aso have a GM with magic powers!

:sarcasm:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I'm not but when he was here you'd never hear the end of how attractive he was from female fans. Same with Fisher and Leclaire

I think you may have missed sarcasm on the leclaire comments. There was a running gag of how ugly he was on here. It was definitely the second most popular chirp about him with injuries being #1.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I think you may have missed sarcasm on the leclaire comments. There was a running gag of how ugly he was on here. It was definitely the second most popular chirp about him with injuries being #1.

Yes I am fully aware of the running gag with regards to Leclaire.

I think it's you who may have missed the sarcasm :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad