Confirmed with Link: JG Pageau Signed 2 year 1 way deal

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Aragorn has backed pageau.

Not really. He's quick to replace him out of lineups or in the past put him in trades. Prince, Pageau, Hoffman, Condra, etc all have been regulars in Aragorn trade proposals. I still remember the Hoffman for Stewart one.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
If he doesn't price himself over 2.5million I can see him being in the NHL for the next 10 years.

Speed for days.
Kills penalties
known for scoring shorties in every level he played in
Well above average faceoff talent
Gritty, plays like a 6'3 power forward along the boards
Can score, and is clutch

Othello*

Pageau + Smith are the type of players to have in the bottom six. Neil & Chiasson shouldn't be playing

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Pageau + Smith are the type of players to have in the bottom six. Neil & Chiasson shouldn't be playing

latest

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Smith-Pageau-Stone :amazed:

They are dominating.

Shows how Smith is an underrated player around here too

Good skater, great size and strength, great shot, decent hands for a bottom-6 Center, great on face-offs, scores well for a guy not getting PP time (outside of a little stretch), strong on the puck, very good defensively and brings some physicality. All that on a very good contract.

I just checked something on WoI

Out of 463 NHL forwards who played more than 1000 minutes at ES since 2011-12, Zack Smith is 237th for Goals per 60 minutes with 0.60, tied with Heatley, Hodgson, Gionta, Jokinen... and better than Briere, Jordan Staal, Tuomo Ruutu, Brandon Sutter, Backes, Kesler, Dustin Brown, Marcus Johansson, Killorn, Purcell, Handzal, Callahan, Silfverberg, etc.

It means that at ES, Smith has been scoring like your 6th best goal scoring forward should be scoring... That's including last season where he struggled with only 2 goals in 37 games (injured season)... And lot of people wanna trade him just like that because the team is not reaching the next level. :shakehead

Man, I wish our bottom-6 was made of 6 Zack Smiths.

Yeah, they could. But not any time soon. JGP is an amazing 3rd line center. Where's Derek Grant???

Dominating the AHL... 23 goals 15 assists 38 points in 30 games

At the same time I don't discount the fact that this organization likes him a lot & that he has a huge fan following because he is from the area, another point that seems important to this organization. All of those things could also keep him here over someone else who is not from here. It's just an opinion just like my preference for size is just a preference, it's not that big (pardon the pun) a deal. I like Kyle Turris a lot & no one would consider him big.

Pageau is very important marketing-wise for the Gatineau area, can't afford to trade him as long as he has a positive impact on the team. I do think Condra was let go because of the emergence of Pageau.

Certainly not, that's not what everyone finds absurd.

What everyone mocks you for is your insistence of having big guys, regardless of their talents.

If you had your way, Paul would be suited up over Pageau, regardless of Pageau being our best bottom 6 player and Paul being awful in the AHL, that's the type of thinking that people question you for.

As well as essentially coming to conclusions depending on size.

Don't really want to participate in that debate but isn't the highlighted a bit exaggerated?

I mean, it took time for him to start scoring but has he really been "awful" or even out of place?

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Haha, no you don't. He's been really good, no doubt, but we could also get the Zack Smith of the past 3 years really fast. I still think his best role is in the bottom 6, but he's definitively enjoying the spoiling of JGP and Stone.

Yip, and that's where most likely he'll be for most of his career. The original comment was a pointer to a discussion I had with Aragorn of Grant vs. JGP. Pretty much things are playing out how I imagined they would, when we had the discussion a couple years ago.

Don't really want to participate in that debate but isn't the highlighted a bit exaggerated?

I mean, it took time for him to start scoring but has he really been "awful" or even out of place?

For the first part of the AHL season he was awful. He was scratched more than a couple of times. (alongside Lindberg) He's turned it around though, there's no denying that.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Certainly not, that's not what everyone finds absurd.

What everyone mocks you for is your insistence of having big guys, regardless of their talents.

If you had your way, Paul would be suited up over Pageau, regardless of Pageau being our best bottom 6 player and Paul being awful in the AHL, that's the type of thinking that people question you for.

As well as essentially coming to conclusions depending on size.

Pageau has been one of our best players this season, in whatever situation he has been put in. Nothing came free for this guy, and I don't think we have seen him at his best yet.

I am loving the SPS line thus far.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Smith-Pageau-Stone :amazed:

They are dominating.

Shows how Smith is an underrated player around here too

Good skater, great size and strength, great shot, decent hands for a bottom-6 Center, great on face-offs, scores well for a guy not getting PP time (outside of a little stretch), strong on the puck, very good defensively and brings some physicality. All that on a very good contract.

I just checked something on WoI

Out of 463 NHL forwards who played more than 1000 minutes at ES since 2011-12, Zack Smith is 237th for Goals per 60 minutes with 0.60, tied with Heatley, Hodgson, Gionta, Jokinen... and better than Briere, Jordan Staal, Tuomo Ruutu, Brandon Sutter, Backes, Kesler, Dustin Brown, Marcus Johansson, Killorn, Purcell, Handzal, Callahan, Silfverberg, etc.

It means that at ES, Smith has been scoring like your 6th best goal scoring forward should be scoring... That's including last season where he struggled with only 2 goals in 37 games (injured season)... And lot of people wanna trade him just like that because the team is not reaching the next level. :shakehead

Pageau is very important marketing-wise for the Gatineau area, can't afford to trade him as long as he has a positive impact on the team. I do think Condra was let go because of the emergence of Pageau.

I agree, Pageau has looked great with Smith & Stone & who would have thought he would replace Zibanejad when so many of us thought Zibanejad would eventually replace Turris as the #1 centre. What a difference a yr makes, kudos to him. I also agree with you that Pageau is huge in the Gatineau community, they love him. I think I commented sometime back that I had never seen so many Quebec license plates at the Sens Plex practise facility before as we did when Pageau was there, the place was full of Francophones specifically there to support Pageau. Stone & Smith are my two favourite players & it's really nice to see that Smith is emerging again this season as a player & at LW which we didn't think he would excel at. Have you noticed that Smith is taking the faceoffs on the left side & Pageau is taking the faceoffs on the right side which I think is helping them win more faceoffs.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Haha, no you don't. He's been really good, no doubt, but we could also get the Zack Smith of the past 3 years really fast. I still think his best role is in the bottom 6, but he's definitively enjoying the spoiling of JGP and Stone.

OK then, 3 Smiths and 3 Pageaux.

Also, disagree that Smith was bad for 3 years. To me he only really struggled last season. 2013-14 wasn't his best season but still had 13 goals, and was ok defensively while being great on face-offs as usual.

Yip, and that's where most likely he'll be for most of his career. The original comment was a pointer to a discussion I had with Aragorn of Grant vs. JGP. Pretty much things are playing out how I imagined they would, when we had the discussion a couple years ago.

Yay I know, I just pointing out that Grant had great AHL stats. He is sorely miss in Bingo, that's for sure.

For the first part of the AHL season he was awful. He was scratched more than a couple of times. (alongside Lindberg) He's turned it around though, there's no denying that.

At least that's the more important. If he struggled to adjust as a pro, it's not that shocking.

I agree, Pageau has looked great with Smith & Stone & who would have thought he would replace Zibanejad when so many of us thought Zibanejad would eventually replace Turris as the #1 centre. What a difference a yr makes, kudos to him. I also agree with you that Pageau is huge in the Gatineau community, they love him. I think I commented sometime back that I had never seen so many Quebec license plates at the Sens Plex practise facility before as we did when Pageau was there, the place was full of Francophones specifically there to support Pageau. Stone & Smith are my two favourite players & it's really nice to see that Smith is emerging again this season as a player & at LW which we didn't think he would excel at. Have you noticed that Smith is taking the faceoffs on the left side & Pageau is taking the faceoffs on the right side which I think is helping them win more faceoffs.

Good observation.

Also, I don't think the lines will stay like that for the remainder of the season.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
So JGP goes a ppg in his last 20 and no one cares? Nothing to complain about I guess. And that's no fun.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
The red numbers on the left is the game # (his last 20). The red numbers on the right are his point totals during that period. He has 19 pts in his last 20 games.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Call me crazy but I see Pageau getting 40-50 points next season if he gets to play with Stone on a regular basis. He's only 23 and he keeps improving steadily. Wouldn't be surprised if he sustained these numbers throughout his career.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The red numbers on the left is the game # (his last 20). The red numbers on the right are his point totals during that period. He has 19 pts in his last 20 games.

Yeah. At first, because of where he had positioned the addition on the right column, I thought he was just doing a really bad job of calculating +/-.

I had to get past that mental block of wondering how unfortunatley bad someone could be at basic addition and subtraction before I saw the PPG thing. That's on me, haha.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah, but isn't he off by 1? In the 1st game of that series, he got 1 G, 1 A for 2 pts. not 3 pts.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Yeah. At first, because of where he had positioned the addition on the right column, I thought he was just doing a really bad job of calculating +/-.

I had to get past that mental block of wondering how unfortunatley bad someone could be at basic addition and subtraction before I saw the PPG thing. That's on me, haha.

I will admit I had a WTF moment myself.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3