GDT: Jets vs Caps (Feb-13th, 7pm) - "We need a hero"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player pre-game audio: Wheeler & Hendricks

Coach Maurice pre-game scrum topics: Same lineup? Tightness of games at this point in the season. Thoughts on top line. Health updates. Thoughts on Alex Ovechkin this season? Does he see similarities between Laine and Ovechkin? Thoughts on Jets D pairs since Trouba went down. On Blake Wheeler’s goal scoring drought.

To listen click here.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
i think Laine will be motivated tonight. he seems like someone who wants to measure himself against the best.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Laine is the kind of player who rises to the occasion. Great performances in the playoffs in Finland, as well as in the early season last year.

I smell a big game from him tonight, he wants to compete with Ovi.

Even if we lose, it's the first 3 losses in a row for the Jets this year. Last year it took til the last games of the season to WIN three in a row. It's been a great year.

The sad thing is, if they lose three in a row, I'll have to lose Frenchy as my avatar.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Injury news.

I'm getting a very negative vibe regarding Lowry

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
It's getting to the point where I'll be surprised if Lowry plays before the playoffs, or even during the playoffs.

Wasn't he only supposed to be out for a game or two when he re-aggravated his injury?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
It's getting to the point where I'll be surprised if Lowry plays before the playoffs, or even during the playoffs.

Wasn't he only supposed to be out for a game or two when he re-aggravated his injury?

Maurice stated it was not as significant as the previous one. Seems he's on track to meet or exceed the games missed.

And if it's UBI injury (suspected shoulder) why isn't he skating?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We don't match up at all well with Washington. Have we lost 3 in a row this year yet? Once, maybe?

Caps usually make us their bitch. I would like us to change that tonight but am not feeling it. Without Lowry and Trouba I feel less stout defensively.

We shall see though.

Reactions: Jet

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Caps usually make us their *****. I would like us to change that tonight but am not feeling it. Without Lowry and Trouba I feel less stout defensively.

We shall see though.

There is a solution for that. Pour, swallow, repeat as needed. :laugh:

the-guinness-two-pour-is-the-greatest-marketing-m-2-5172-1398750188-9_dblbig.jpg

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Caps usually make us their *****. I would like us to change that tonight but am not feeling it. Without Lowry and Trouba I feel less stout defensively.

We shall see though.

Well in the last 2 games that the Jets beat the Caps Mr Tyler Myers shadowed Ovi all over the place and surprisingly shut him down... maybe that works again.

Reactions: Kgame

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Maurice stated it was not as significant as the previous one. Seems he's on track to meet or exceed the games missed.

And if it's UBI injury (suspected shoulder) why isn't he skating?

If I recall correctly Maurice said the hit on Lowry that took him out likely would have injured him even if was 100% healthy. Lowry threw crushing hits that game and then got blindsided later in the game... too bad for us.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I watched him lots with the Focus Fitness offseason summer practice group at the iceplex

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
GJG
I hope we take it to these guys for the full 60
No brain farts and stay out of the box please

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If I recall correctly Maurice said the hit on Lowry that took him out likely would have injured him even if was 100% healthy. Lowry threw crushing hits that game and then got blindsided later in the game... too bad for us.
It has to be a concussion , that's why he is wearing the fancy hats , to protect his head . :laugh: But seriously i hope he gets better fast , we need him .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad