GDT: Jets vs Caps (Feb-13th, 7pm) - "We need a hero"

Status
Not open for further replies.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
I'm guess not surprised you mischaracterized the question. And the answer. Here are exact quotes.

Munz " it always takes a little bit for guys to get back right up to games speed. Now that Mark's a couple games in now, do you feel your line will kinda get back to where you were before the injury?"

Wheeler "so you're implying we're not where we were before the injury"

Munz "I wouldn't say...." {Wheeler cut him off}

Wheeler "What did you think of the first period last game"

Munz "the first period was OK"

Wheeler "not bad eh. I'm not going to get into this with you Brian"

Blake did not accept what Munz presented to him as the basis for the question. If he answered it he would by default be agreeing with Munz that somehow it's Mark's fault. I liked the way he handled Munz.

It was my mistake for thinking he was referring to the team instead of the line. Change the word "line" to "team" and you will know what my concerns were. Completely my mistake and I apologize for you having to correct it.

But I will say that truly I'm not trying to mischaracterize the question on purpose.

I can be a **** at times but I'm not doing it on purpose. What I want is for this team to succeed. You also have to admit that when you say things that you have no problem that Chef and Wheels are joined at the hip, it would be cool to know why that is. Why is this holy matrimony of Chef + Wheels so great that anything goes?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It was my mistake for thinking he was referring to the team instead of the line. Change the word "line" to "team" and you will know what my concerns were. Completely my mistake and I apologize for you having to correct it.

But I will say that truly I'm not trying to mischaracterize the question on purpose.

I can be a **** at times but I'm not doing it on purpose. What I want is for this team to succeed. You also have to admit that when you say things that you have no problem that Chef and Wheels are joined at the hip, it would be cool to know why that is. Why is this holy matrimony of Chef + Wheels so great that anything goes?

Well I could answer just like Wheeler here but I won't. The reason I don't have a problem with those two playing together is because I believe they are good together. They enjoy playing together and them playing together gives the Jets a very good chance of being successful. I want them both playing first line minutes

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Well I could answer just like Wheeler here but I won't. The reason I don't have a problem with those two playing together is because I believe they are good together. They enjoy playing together and them playing together gives the Jets a very good chance of being successful. I want them both playing first line minutes

I would agree that the weakness of the one-line-team version was not the one line.

I just enjoyed the curb-stomping. Hopefully we can go back to that at some point.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Just noticed that the Caps have ZERO injuries.

MUST BE NICE
DIIcOix.jpg

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I like Wheeler but man oh man hes a big baby at times when ppl question him on certain subjects . He has some major attitude at times. Should have asked him about the Blues game or why he takes dumb penalties. Prob would have assaulted Munz who pretty much works for the team so an odd guy to be pissy towards .

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Being that tomorrow is Valentines Day, I thought I'd send a little love over to our former division rivals. They haven't been so very kind to us in the past but we have changed and improved ourselves. So, hopefully they appreciate the effort and return the kindness we have shown them in the past.
hmod3ve.jpg

PIGPOXG.jpg

Lxm2ITR.jpg

W23sFjH.jpg

Reactions: TheDeuce and Atoyot

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Wheeler reminds me of a friend of mine. The bark is worse than the bite. He seems annoyed almost all the time.

Hell of a player though

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Another brilliant GDT

Huge fan of Arnie and Sly. There are a few of theses movies I still stop and watch when I come across them while surfing much to the dismay of my wife. It’s quite a good way to get the family room to myself;)

When we win tonight, and we will win then all will be right in the universe again.

Go!:jetsGo!

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Habs suck, I would like to see my alternative team win a game tonight.
I was a big fan once too. I stood by the Roy fiasco, the Koivu nonsense, the endless press BS and the uneven product on the ice. The Subban trade officially ended it for me. Then what does Bergy do? Trade the only other stud Dman in the system. Probly always have a soft spot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad