GDT: Jets vs Caps (Feb-13th, 7pm) - "We need a hero"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
There is a solution for that. Pour, swallow, repeat as needed. :laugh:

the-guinness-two-pour-is-the-greatest-marketing-m-2-5172-1398750188-9_dblbig.jpg

Damn nobody, don't post pics like that when I'm at work and thirsty. I'm pretending my Pure Life is Guiness now, I even shook it so the water has bubbles!

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Maybe Enstrom will be our hero again, well kind of, sort of. Last game we played against the Caps on Nov 3 2016. We were down 3-0 going into the third before Toby ignited the Jets with a shorthanded goal. The Jets tied the game only to take a Too many men penalty in O/T where Ovie scored on the PP.

This was also the last time Toby scored a goal.

I7T4kdu.gif
NeUES87.png

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
And again Z%GG. :laugh:
Loved the coach.
But I think the picture used for Hendricks is actually better suited to Thorburn. Just nitpicking. Great job!

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
1st I think

Jesus Mickey Maurice had me laughing out loud.

I have a bad feeling about playing the Caps.

Always have a bad feeling about playing the Caps, going back to the SouthLeast Div.

It may take a while to change that. We don't play each other that often anymore. Maybe if we win a PO series over them it will be gone. :naughty:

Reactions: JJ McCubbin

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Chuck Wepner's fight with Ali was the inspiration for Rocky. The stairs were a real part of Chuck's training, but that was about it. He did knock Ali down in the 9th (although his foot played a role), all that accomplished was pissing an undertrained Ali off and having him proceed to pummel Wepner for the final 6 rounds. It's amazing heavyweight fights used to go 15 rounds, no wonder none of them can form a sentence anymore.

Hoping the Jets pummel the Caps, expecting Ovi to score but I agree with @Jets 31, Laine should be up for impressing his idol and proving he's the new top gun. Laine hatty, book it.

Don't disagree about Wepner but George Chuvalo was the closest thing you will ever get to the real life Rocky, IMHO.

Reactions: Ducky10

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Wow Wheeler sure tore into Munz today. But that was a pretty stupid loaded question he asked. Reminds me of a lot of some posts here actually. Where you disagree with the basic facts that someone is using to support a position.

Last edited:

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
I hope things turnaround for me tonight....I have been to my share of wins for the Jets; but have also been there for all 3 groaners:
- Jackets
- Hawks
- Blues

I would love to be there for a blowout of the Caps. Wouldn’t hurt me at all to see Ovi sulking...

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Wow Wheeler sure tore into Munz today. But that was a pretty stupid loaded question he asked. Reminds me of a lot of some posts here actually. Where you disagree with the basic facts that someone is using to support a position.

I hope there's a transcript of it. I like to see Wheeler tear into one of the YesBoys of the club.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016

Was it a loaded question? I didn't get that vibe at all. I was actually thinking about why Wheeler was so rude.

"How are you getting prepared to continue the way you played before Chef was injured" or something.

"OH YOU THINK WE DIDNT PLAY WELL, SO HOW DID YOU LIKE THE FIRST PERIOD THEN"

(completely paraphrasing)

rabbitca

Dec 18, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I didn't find the question loaded really, just sort of "How are you planning to get back into form?"

Personally I think Wheels read into the question too much. Munz isn't exactly known for his hard hitting questions...

Reactions: SoupaTroupa

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Maybe Wheeler is in bad mood because he got told he was not playing with Scheif tonight . :laugh:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Was it a loaded question? I didn't get that vibe at all. I was actually thinking about why Wheeler was so rude.

"How are you getting prepared to continue the way you played before Chef was injured" or something.

"OH YOU THINK WE DIDNT PLAY WELL, SO HOW DID YOU LIKE THE FIRST PERIOD THEN"

(completely paraphrasing)

I'm guess not surprised you mischaracterized the question. And the answer. Here are exact quotes.

Munz " it always takes a little bit for guys to get back right up to games speed. Now that Mark's a couple games in now, do you feel your line will kinda get back to where you were before the injury?"

Wheeler "so you're implying we're not where we were before the injury"

Munz "I wouldn't say...." {Wheeler cut him off}

Wheeler "What did you think of the first period last game"

Munz "the first period was OK"

Wheeler "not bad eh. I'm not going to get into this with you Brian"

Blake did not accept what Munz presented to him as the basis for the question. If he answered it he would by default be agreeing with Munz that somehow it's Mark's fault. I liked the way he handled Munz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad