GDT: Jets vs Caps (Feb-13th, 7pm) - "We need a hero"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'll be honest, I'm not feeling super optimistic about this one so I hope the Jets surprise me. Should be pretty easy for the boys to get up for this one.
We don't match up at all well with Washington. Have we lost 3 in a row this year yet? Once, maybe?

nhlpro

Nov 12, 2015
Peg City
Go Jets Go, I predict a Caps Butt Kicking, Don't think the jets are very happy they lost the last 2 in a row at home and should have a full 60 min effort and pull out the W:)

Reactions: Jets 31

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Another great GDT. Hendricks is spot on, although he did get a good shot in last game after picking himself up in the fight.
One correction - we weren't goalied last game. We just didn't capitalize on our chances. And NYR had 9 High Danger Scoring Chances to our 5 (naturalstattric.com) so we weren't goalied. Just saying - again.

I feel good about this one. Although that doesn't really mean anything.

Go Jets Go!

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Another great GDT. Hendricks is spot on, although he did get a good shot in last game after picking himself up in the fight.
One correction - we weren't goalied last game. We just didn't capitalize on our chances. And NYR had 9 High Danger Scoring Chances to our 5 (naturalstattric.com) so we weren't goalied. Just saying - again.

I feel good about this one. Although that doesn't really mean anything.

Go Jets Go!

I think we were goalied in the first and on the one PP.

Reactions: Ducky10

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Chuck Wepner's fight with Ali was the inspiration for Rocky. The stairs were a real part of Chuck's training, but that was about it. He did knock Ali down in the 9th (although his foot played a role), all that accomplished was pissing an undertrained Ali off and having him proceed to pummel Wepner for the final 6 rounds. It's amazing heavyweight fights used to go 15 rounds, no wonder none of them can form a sentence anymore.

Hoping the Jets pummel the Caps, expecting Ovi to score but I agree with @Jets 31, Laine should be up for impressing his idol and proving he's the new top gun. Laine hatty, book it.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I'm a bit of an Olympics junkie. I won't be watching this game live. Takes less time when I can skip commercial breaks and intermissions.

The Pacific time zone has it's challenges. I woke up before 3am here to watch Lawes/Morris win the curling gold

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I said I would track our last 28 games as a trial playoff run.

So far we're down two games to zero in our fake round one series. Need to win this one.

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
I hope the Jets have a statement game here, we need to bounce back from the two loses especially against a good Washington team. I'll be at the game with beers in hand cheering our team on. Section 329 Row 7 if anyone wants to chant a long with me.

Go Jets Go!

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Chuck Wepner's fight with Ali was the inspiration for Rocky. The stairs were a real part of Chuck's training, but that was about it. He did knock Ali down in the 9th (although his foot played a role), all that accomplished was pissing an undertrained Ali off and having him proceed to pummel Wepner for the final 6 rounds. It's amazing heavyweight fights used to go 15 rounds, no wonder none of them can form a sentence anymore.

Hoping the Jets pummel the Caps, expecting Ovi to score but I agree with @Jets 31, Laine should be up for impressing his idol and proving he's the new top gun. Laine hatty, book it.
I loved Ali and boxing in general back then. Some top-shelf entertainment watching those guys.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I like underdogs. Especially fish out of water stories.

Holding out for a Hero
holding-out1.jpg

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
We need a hero this game and I nominate #55. Could really use one of his characteristic quick-release snipes. Guy was on pace for over 40 close to the mid way mark of the season.

And for a Jet to finish off a breakaway.

We're well over-due for a multi goal game from Laine. I'm hoping he pops 2 or 3 tonight.

Reactions: ocdaddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad