Post-Game Talk: Jets slipping falling cant get up lose 2-0 to blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Another big night for Corsi and xGF that resulted in a loss. And the record without Enstrom falls to .500: 6-6-2.

WLOTGFGADiff
adjCF% > 5011436240+22
xGF% > 5012315528+27
adjCF% < 507624653-7
xGF% < 506745365-12
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
We have one big problem that never goes away. His name is Paul Maurice. He is SO stubborn. He eventually makes the right decisions - about two years after everyone else saw the problem.

Reactions: JetBlue420

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It was a great way to lose !!! - the Jet's peppered the Blues net with 48 shots, played very hard, and had the Blues penned in their own end for much of the game. Usually with those kinds of shots we generated, we'd usually come out on top--more often than not.

I hope the Jet's put out the same effort tomorrow night--but they should start Mason, as he was incredible, and made the tougher saves of the 2 goalies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
We win this game if not for Hutton and that is taking nothing away from the great game Mason had.

Reactions: GNP

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
We win this game if not for Hutton and that is taking nothing away from the great game Mason had.
Some of those shots seemed to be right at him instead of picking the corners. Very little in terms of screening. Refs weren't against us except really dumb call on Chariot. First line was awful. They kept trying to take it behind the opponents net instead of trying something new.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Some of those shots seemed to be right at him instead of picking the corners. Very little in terms of screening. Refs weren't against us except really dumb call on Chariot. First line was awful. They kept trying to take it behind the opponents net instead of trying something new.

I agree with this--the Jet's snipers were basically shooting the puck right into Hutton's pads or his body. They need to pick the corners. We need Connor, Laine and Scheif to step up here.

Reactions: adammlis

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Puck retrieval is brutal without Buff and Toby, Jets have way more flow with those guys in the lineup, plus they control the blue lines better. Having said that Myers was pretty good tonight and I was somewhat impressed by Poolman.

Jets didn't get any bounces at all but they also didn't do anything with secondary chances, especially in the first when Hutton was like a pinball machine. The Blues did a good job of taking away prime shooting lanes most of the night and really plugged the middle. They do a good job of collapsing but with enough awareness to also pressure the points. For the most part the Jets were a perimeter team again tonight.

PP was pretty good again, unlucky not to score but need more net presence in front of Hutton. Kind of made it easy on him.

Glad Mo changed up CLT, they weren't creating anything and didn't show any sign they were going to. Tanev was very ineffective tonight attacking the puck. Armia had some good looks, missed the net too often. Lowry isn't the answer there long term, not sure if Roslo is ready as an NHL centre bit he's ultimately the offensive spark they need there.

Thought Scheifele had a poor game, he was very ineffective offensively. Wheeler wasn't much better but I thought he had some decent jump. Ehlers was ok but too loose and careless with the puck at times that killed play in the ozone, he just puts the puck nowhere needlessly. Laine was ok, looked more engaged at times but was never all that threatening. Saw him attack from the left a few times, it usually ended much like I thought it would. That line just isn't creating anything in transition, no odd man rushes and no pressure. Changing it up to get some spark is the right thing to do now, for Scheifele and Little as well. Connor had a decent night.

Hopefully the Hendricks with Perreault and Armia experiment is over for awhile. At least the Hendricks part, he does nothing.

On to the next one, I think the Jets go on a run here. Win the next three, book it.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Extra likes for the Eeyore reference and spelling it correctly (that one's always a googler) but even he had his moments of insightful optimism:thumbu:

d9a6d513e07d6b530676c2bd62e40ddd--disney-lessons-eeyore-quotes.jpg

Reactions: Afterburner

Shaibu

Nov 12, 2016
We have one big problem that never goes away. His name is Paul Maurice. He is SO stubborn. He eventually makes the right decisions - about two years after everyone else saw the problem.
Yes, even our two top goalies can't beat him :(

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I look forward to the day the Jets try to incorporate the stretch pass a bit, and I don't mean the slapshot tip in version Mo seems keen on.

It's not like we don't have the players to do it. Get the defense backing off a bit at least maybe.

Reactions: Jets 31

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Lol. We win if not for Hutton. U can say that every game. If not for the other guy making saves we win every game.

Problems tho.. Like the PK where blues scored both goals and overplaying a struggling and beat Scheif and Wheeler and literally no in game adjustments until its 2 late... Isnt going away.

Anton Hipchekhov

Sep 30, 2017
Useful, maybe. going to happen? No.

Fair enough. It just seems an obvious strategy. 12 tired forwards or 10 tired forwards plus two fresh ones (assuming these humans are reasonable performers - and Matthias and Dano are, in my opinion).

I think the reluctance to try things like this speak to the unnecessarily conservative nature of professional hockey. Maurice knows that if they happen to win the game with a changed lineup then that IDENTICAL lineup MUST remain unchanged for fear of violating old-time hockey wisdom.

Reactions: JetBlue420

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I hate to say it but the Jets are never going to get anywhere under Mo and Mo isn't going anywhere without getting rid of Chevy and Chevy isn't going anywhere without getting rid of Chipman and no Chipman no Jets. Learn to accept a loser because it's still NHL hockey. Getting worked up about it won't help.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Anyone watch the Moose this year? Their structure is so good.. Pk is great..they seem to optimize their lines there.

Jets are a tire fire compared to the Moose...

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Anyone watch the Moose this year? Their structure is so good.. Pk is great..they seem to optimize their lines there.

Jets are a tire fire compared to the Moose...
Take victories where we can get them. Jets are a tyre fire but Moose are winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad