Post-Game Talk: Jets slipping falling cant get up lose 2-0 to blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Jets played a good road game. The goaltending was actually above average. They were in this one all the way. Ehlers was dangerous. Laine played with some fire. If we keep this level of play up we will prevail. Litts is snake bitten and when he climbs out of this funk we should be in good shape.

The real story, and why we lost: Hutton played like a straight up G.

My 0.02.

Fairly accurate assessment. Jets played well enough to win, about the exact level I could hope for from a road underdog against a top team.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts...

Very good effort. Deserved a better outcome.

CSW - Connor was really working well. Wheeler just wasn't very sharp with the puck, though he gave a good effort. Scheifele was good.

ELL - Ehlers had it going. Little just doesn't gel with him or Laine. Maybe Laine's worst game as a Jet. Next off-season he needs to focus more on skating.

CLT - Probably the Jets best line until they were broken up. Hendricks ground them down. He needs to sit. He just doesn't do anything.

PHA - Perreault was good. Armia wasn't very good. Hendricks was bad.

44-8 Really strong game for both of these two.

5-57 One of Myers' better games. Kulikov was good, but I hate the stick penalties.

7-3 Poolman was steady, and looking more comfortable. Chiarot was okay.

Mason was good, but his rebound control wasn't great, and I don't like how he manages the puck outside the crease.

I have a feeling the Jets will have a really strong game tomorrow.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
how can 4
If there was any game this season that indicated that this is a team that will go on a long losing streak, it's a game where we utterly dominated the #2 team in the entire league, and they only won on account of their goalie standing on his head.

Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

yeah, all those scoring changes..

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This unfortunately is the an evening out of some of the luck that went our way earlier in the year when we where scoring on almost everything. Not worried, we have a talented/good team and adversity helps good teams grow. We are still in a good position and have plenty of time to get on another good streak.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Mase was really good. Play him again. I liked the Jets' game overall, they really brought it in the second, ran out of gas in the third.

Hutton won this one almost by himself.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
What the heck, is Sportsnet in charge of theses boards now:laugh:

Jets win the previous 6 with Thorburn in the lineup
Blues win immediately with Thorburn in the lineup...coincidence? I think not
Never mind about all the previous games. :laugh:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Quick thoughts...

Very good effort. Deserved a better outcome.

CSW - Connor was really working well. Wheeler just wasn't very sharp with the puck, though he gave a good effort. Scheifele was good.

ELL - Ehlers had it going. Little just doesn't gel with him or Laine. Maybe Laine's worst game as a Jet. Next off-season he needs to focus more on skating.

CLT - Probably the Jets best line until they were broken up. Hendricks ground them down. He needs to sit. He just doesn't do anything.

PHA - Perreault was good. Armia wasn't very good. Hendricks was bad.

44-8 Really strong game for both of these two.

5-57 One of Myers' better games. Kulikov was good, but I hate the stick penalties.

7-3 Poolman was steady, and looking more comfortable. Chiarot was okay.

Mason was good, but his rebound control wasn't great, and I don't like how he manages the puck outside the crease.

I have a feeling the Jets will have a really strong game tomorrow.

This a cut, copy and paste of your post after the Hawks game?

Good assessment though, Laine starting to remind m of Jokinen but the joker won board battles.

Hendricks brings nothing, pretty idiotic to keep playing him. Mathias or Dano should be playing over him and if your not comfortable with them bring Lemieux back up or recall Roslo or Petan. Enough of this BS already. Mo is stubborn to a fault and why he sucks as a coach!

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Mason and the D we’re pretty good, Poolman much better after the Hawks debaucle.

Mason trending upward, Helly downward, wouldn’t surprise me if Mason becomes the starter before long.

Jets need a shakeup on the forwards all lines look stale, well 4th line aside as it’s pretty tough for Armia and Perreault to play a man down every shift!!!!!!

Recall Roslo or Lemieux already and put Hendricks out to pasture!

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Mason was good and so was Blues D-system. Really suffocating as someone said earlier. Hopefully Mo wont go back to the old lineup tomorrow.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Jets were the better team for about 170 ft. They didn't even get robbed just no finish. Hutton didn't win that game. Much better effort. Something is wrong with 55 though

0 shot attempts at 5 on 5 in a game where we were down by just 1 for most of it. You are right. Something is indeed wrong with #55

Reactions: Ducky10

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player post-game audio: Blake Wheeler & Steve Mason.

Coach Maurice post-game scrum topics: Thoughts on Steve Mason's game. Happy with the overall performance with the team despite the loss? As a staff how do they keep the team up during the game? On not pressing when down. How does he handle things with younger players when things appeared to come so much easier early in season? Concern with top end guys in a drought? Switching Lowry & Hendricks. Message to team for tomorrow. Mason's game. Who starts tomorrow?

To listen click here.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Jets were the better team for about 170 ft. They didn't even get robbed just no finish. Hutton didn't win that game. Much better effort. Something is wrong with 55 though

Looks like he has something nagging upper body, not much zip on his shot lately

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Also not that surprising that after a real hot first quarter of the season Scheifele and Wheeler have cooled off a bit. I think Scheifele needs to just start going to the net again and he needs to stop trying to look for the perfect shot. I see too much of the curl and look for the trailer when he gains the zone. He needs to simplify and use his elite shot.

I also think Laine is being criticised more harshly on here due to his late penalty (Yes it was dumb and he can't take it while we are trailing that lat in a game) but I thought he had a solid game outside of it. He was breaking the puck out better and he was skating well with the puck. He also moved had some good chances that he couldn't finish. I do agree that next summer needs to be spent on his skating and explosiveness.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
God damn, that was a frustrating game to watch. The Jets had tons of glorious, high-quality chances, and just faced a hot goaltender. f*** Carter Hutton. f*** him right in the ear.

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad