Post-Game Talk: Jets slipping falling cant get up lose 2-0 to blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Anyone watch the Moose this year? Their structure is so good.. Pk is great..they seem to optimize their lines there.

Jets are a tire fire compared to the Moose...

It may be interesting to see what the Moose coach can do with the Jets--should they decide to let Maurice go one day. Very interesting !!!

Reactions: sipowicz

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Using wheeler that much early on is not good.

Couldn't understand it.. especially games when team is already winning and leading by multiple goals.

2 goal lead and you have the csw out for empty net defensive deployment.

Wear and tear is catching up.

Reactions: JetBlue420

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Well you saw something different from what the shot tracker saw, the Jets had about 26 shot attempts from the red zone, double the number that the Blue's had. That is usually far more than enough to bury a team. There goalie made numerous high quality saves tonight. It happens time to regroup and come out hard again tomorrow.

This is truth.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
That tire fire is on pace for 102 points.

Every shift is do or die. Every period is do or die. Every game is do or die. Every winning streak is... umm quiet. Every losing streak is do or die. Every game without a goal for a player is do or die and so forth and so forth
giphy-36-0.gif

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

It may be interesting to see what the Moose coach can do with the Jets--should they decide to let Maurice go one day. Very interesting !!!

Way back in October after we lost the first two games I suggested that Vincent could replace Maurice as interim coach if things didn't go well and we weren't in a playoff spot at US thanksgiving. I was scoffed at.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Every shift is do or die. Every period is do or die. Every game is do or die. Every winning streak is... umm quiet. Every losing streak is do or die. Every game without a goal for a player is do or die and so forth and so forth
giphy-36-0.gif

No it's not every period, every shift We've had recent wins of 7-2 5-0 7-4 5-1
I think you misremembered.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Well -- if it's deemed by Jet's ownership, that they've given up on Maurice, then maybe they will give Vincent a shot ?

The Chipman group are very patient, shrewd, and "long term" thinkers. That's the way they built their car dealership dynasty in Winnipeg-the Birchwood Group, and it has pretty much a monopoly in the auto business. I full well expect them to stick with Maurice if they believe the effort is there, or if so much time has expired with no results, they then will make a change.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Has ours showed they can actually rebound from the downs tho? Has Maurice shown that?

For a good chunk of the season so far they rebounded with wins when they lost. They rebounded with a pretty darn good effort this game after a stinker against Chicago so yes I'd say the team is more mature and responds more positively to adversity than in past years.

Did people really think we'd waltz through this season without a loosing streak or two? It seems everyone is so quick to proclaim this team the same as previous versions of the team. We have a team where a good chunk of our core is still very inexperienced so they will have more ups and downs.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
No it's not every period, every shift We've had recent wins of 7-2 5-0 7-4 5-1
I think you misremembered.

Forgive me if I may not be reading your post right, but it seems like you are being serious while I was being sarcastic. I was poking fun at those who say things like , Trouba made a mistake...trade him. Liane gave the puck away...he sucks etc.

Basically pointing out the difference with posters who live and die by each second, each minute, every goal against, every give away etc. to those that take a more patient, long term approach to things; like you do. And I try to do.

Not saying one is better than the other; it gives some balance to the board and always interesting to hear different perspectives.

And hey, how may posts would everybody have if we all agreed on things. I say make your post and let the fire burn:yo:

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBoJangelz71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad