Post-Game Talk: Jets slipping falling cant get up lose 2-0 to blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Great, neither of my teams could score right now if the fate of Earth depended on it.

I know they'll eventually get out of this funk, but geez, hockey has really sucked to watch this past little while.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Can someone explain that penalty situation at the end with Laine? Wasn’t aware a double minor overlapped when the opposing team takes a penalty as well..(have people over so heard literally nothing on tv. Blessing? :sarcasm: )

Was thinking the same. Penalty at ~2:38 min left, should have been 4 on 4 until 0:38 when Blues came out of box for 5 on 4 when Laine starts serving 2nd minor for drawing blood. I’ve never seen a double minor for high sticking served concurrently.

Anton Hipchekhov

Sep 30, 2017
It makes sense to throw Dano and Matthias in tomorrow right? Back-to-back game and these two are (presumably) replacement level and well-rested.

Perhaps I'm overthinking this, though?

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I wouldn't be opposed to letting Mason play goal tomorrow, I expect the Jets to come out fast maybe score a goal or 2 in the first that will deflate the Blues quickly, we need points before the break.

Reactions: GNP and Channelcat

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This thread title is weird. The Jets were good tonight. They were not slipping and fallin. That was last game.

48SOG 77SAT against a team not nicknamed Senators.

Reactions: sipowicz

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Ya Jets were really good tonight, but can they build on that and take some points tomorrow? I doubt it, but am hopeful

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I'm not saying they're not better with them, but they didn't seem to miss them too much tonight.
I agree with you. Against Chicago, yes but Tucker played fine and what we needed out there was goals and Buff doesn't have too many of those.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Once the Jets are back in 6th place in their Division next week than maybe Chevy will extinguish the wood stove at the cabin and drive in to the city to do his job!

Just before Christmas? Nah, he'll wait until after Christmas. Of course, by then New Years is almost upon us, so he'll wait until after that. No use wasting all those logs he had Maurice chop for him during the summer. But then after New Years it's already not that far off from the trade deadline, so he'll wait for that.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
The experiment of Lowry and PA didn't look right. Lowry is better as Clt even if they don't get too many goals. #freeRoslo

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
It makes sense to throw Dano and Matthias in tomorrow right? Back-to-back game and these two are (presumably) replacement level and well-rested.

Perhaps I'm overthinking this, though?

A good coach would definitely consider the above, amongst other superior personnel options.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
This thread title is weird. The Jets were good tonight. They were not slipping and fallin. That was last game.

48SOG 77SAT against a team not nicknamed Senators.

There's SOG, and then there's dangerous SOG. I watched most of the game, and rarely got the sense that the Jets were in danger of scoring, barring a lucky bounce or bad goaltending. Hutton did his job but didn't steal this game. This team went through the f***ing motions and figured they could walk away with their heads held high. They have yet to learn that "moral victories" do not get them in the playoffs.

Reactions: sipowicz

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
There's SOG, and then there's dangerous SOG. I watched most of the game, and rarely got the sense that the Jets were in danger of scoring, barring a lucky bounce or bad goaltending. Hutton did his job but didn't steal this game. This team went through the ****ing motions and figured they could walk away with their heads held high. They have yet to learn that "moral victories" do not get them in the playoffs.

Yeah Jets were shooting it into his body a lot. Sucks to waste a solid game by Mase and not take advantage of a team that looked ripe for the pickin.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
There's SOG, and then there's dangerous SOG. I watched most of the game, and rarely got the sense that the Jets were in danger of scoring, barring a lucky bounce or bad goaltending. Hutton did his job but didn't steal this game. This team went through the ****ing motions and figured they could walk away with their heads held high. They have yet to learn that "moral victories" do not get them in the playoffs.

Well you saw something different from what the shot tracker saw, the Jets had about 26 shot attempts from the red zone, double the number that the Blue's had. That is usually far more than enough to bury a team. There goalie made numerous high quality saves tonight. It happens time to regroup and come out hard again tomorrow.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

First couple seasons of Jets 2.0 there were a few guys getting dirty goals and even Lowsy has in the past, this year and last year not so much as no one other than little Ehlers drives the net. Jets need a guy like Lemieux in the lineup who is not afraid to get dirty, you would think that maybe The stonehand twins Copp and Tanev could do it once in a blue moon.

Reactions: KB1971

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Well... On the plus side... Every loss is one step closer to Maurice being let go.

I feel this is maurices big test now. Can he find a way to turn this around or is this Claude Noel gonna lose a bunch and be let go

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
The experiment of Lowry and PA didn't look right. Lowry is better as Clt even if they don't get too many goals. #freeRoslo
Because they didn't score after few shifts ? They looked quite promising actually.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Well you saw something different from what the shot tracker saw, the Jets had about 26 shot attempts from the red zone, double the number that the Blue's had. That is usually far more than enough to bury a team. There goalie made numerous high quality saves tonight. It happens time to regroup and come out hard again tomorrow.

I tend not to pay too much attention to that high falutin analysis. When you say shot attempts, I figure that includes blocked shots that never made it to the goalie. And of the ones that did, how many had the goalie well positioned to make scoring difficult? I'm pretty old school. I listen for the announcer saying things like "glorious scoring chance" and "he had a wide open net" and "he was absolutely robbed". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad