Confirmed with Link: Jets sign Hellebuyck to 1 year $2.25M contract

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Most great goalies are within the 5-6M(other than perennial Vezina candidaes) range, after one great season I think Helle will be in that range as well

NHL Rankings

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Holy smoke

Just like Laine Helly is really going into uncharted teritories.

Didnt know he is that close to US born goalies wins record.
Barasso with 43
Richter with 42

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Hope helly starts

1 of the 2 road games. B2b
He plays the Sens game

After 3 games
Then both home games

Then he has 3 games before the playoff game? If they play the 11th .if not 4 days.

So in the next 11 days he plays 3 games.

Reactions: GNP

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Helle won the Richter award in College

IMG_0814.jpg

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Really nice position for Helle to be in signing just a "bridge deal" for only 1 year at $ 2.25 mil.

I could just imagine how expensive his "next contract" will be ?? Probably in the range of $ 5-6.5 mil per year, over 6 years !! --"not to bad at all" :cool:

I think Chevy and Chipman will have to take out the old Llyod's calculator to figure out how to sign this all star studded team. Yikes it's going to get expensive !!! :huh:

Z-Lloyds.jpg

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Really nice position for Helle to be in signing just a "bridge deal" for only 1 year at $ 2.25 mil.

I could just imagine how expensive his "next contract" will be ?? Probably in the range of $ 5-6.5 mil per year, over 6 years !! --"not to bad at all" :cool:

I think Chevy and Chipman will have to take out the old Llyod's calculator to figure out how to sign this all star studded team. Yikes it's going to get expensive !!! :huh:

View attachment 109851
We can't afford to keep it together the ability to make the right choices is what separates the good from great teams. Players that could be moved as been discussed Helly will get paid tho. Is it possible that he takes less money next year and more the next 4 years so it works with Mason's contract? Like 2 mil next year and 6.mill next 4?

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
We can't afford to keep it together the ability to make the right choices is what separates the good from great teams. Players that could be moved as been discussed Helly will get paid tho. Is it possible that he takes less money next year and more the next 4 years so it works with Mason's contract? Like 2 mil next year and 6.mill next 4?

I think the Jets will have to let Enstrom go and also Mason -- I think that saves you close to $ 10 mil--right off the bat. Then they will have to let another expensive guy go--likely an older one. Buff sucks up close to $ 8 mil-- so it may be him ?? or they may decide to not sign Wheeler when his contract is up,or not sign Trouba-- but something will have to give somewhere ???

This will have to make cents $$$ to keep the club together.

The Jet's will have to ask themselves--who can we lose, but still have enough to win with ??

Last edited:
Reactions: tntkid

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I also think that Enstrom, Mason and Buff are the players that we have to move to free up cap space to resign and lock up Hellebuyck and Laine.

I think the Jets will have to let Enstrom go and also Mason -- I think that saves you close to $ 10 mil--right off the bat. Then they will have to let another expensive guy go--likely an older one. Buff sucks up close to $ 8 mil-- so it may be him ?? or they may decide to not sign Wheeler when his contract is up, but something will have to give somewhere ???

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I also think that Enstrom, Mason and Buff are the players that we have to move to free up cap space to resign and lock up Hellebuyck and Laine.
Pity that Buff is playing lights out right now. there's a year before laine's contract starts so time to move Mason and Kulikov. Enstrom is moved. If Helly gives a discount for one season till Mason is gone Jets can really pay him without worrying. Myers next contract has to be cheap or move him. Move Perrault as he is too expensive when we don't need a 7th expensive Winger. Niku chariot Mo will be cheap for awhile.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Pity that Buff is playing lights out right now. there's a year before laine's contract starts so time to move Mason and Kulikov. Enstrom is moved. If Helly gives a discount for one season till Mason is gone Jets can really pay him without worrying. Myers next contract has to be cheap or move him. Move Perrault as he is too expensive when we don't need a 7th expensive Winger. Niku chariot Mo will be cheap for awhile.

Somewhere in your post --"lies the answer"-- I don't like the idea of letting Buff go, as he is the anchor of the team. I never thought of Kulikov and Perrault -- but it may be a good idea to let them both go. Chiarot will fill in fine for Kulikov. As for Perrault --we have a lot of depth at forward--and I'd be all for letting MP go--or trade him.

Note-I don't think we need Kulikov or Perrault to win. Over the last month, I forgot Kulikov is with the team. Guys like Copp, Tanev, Armia and these type guys are really coming on--so we have lots of depth to free up Cap space, and deal these guys off.

ALSO - Considering this discussion -- I don't see the Jets signing " Statsny" for about $ 5 mil or so--I think they will let him walk as a "free agent"-- there's just not enough money here.

Last edited:
Reactions: adammlis

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I think the Jets will have to let Enstrom go and also Mason -- I think that saves you close to $ 10 mil--right off the bat. Then they will have to let another expensive guy go--likely an older one. Buff sucks up close to $ 8 mil-- so it may be him ?? or they may decide to not sign Wheeler when his contract is up,or not sign Trouba-- but something will have to give somewhere ???
The Jet's will have to ask themselves--who can we lose, but still have enough to win with ??

Enstrom's contract comes off the books this year. If he wants to stay in the NHL, he'll stay with us and sign a 1.5-2 million dollar 1 year contract.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Enstrom's contract comes off the books this year. If he wants to stay in the NHL, he'll stay with us and sign a 1.5-2 million dollar 1 year contract.

I agree with you here Tom, and if I were Chevy -I'd go $ 1.5 mil -"tops' on Enstrom, as a good backup emergency guy, and when healthy--plays very well. If he wants to shop the market, which I doubt--he likely could get more.

Considering he's fragile, and hurt half the season--to go any more than $ 1.5 on Toby would be a mistake --in my opinion. We have to many "expensive" young guys to sign.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I agree with you here Tom, and if I were Chevy -I'd go $ 1.5 mil -"tops' on Enstrom, as a good backup emergency guy, and when healthy--plays very well. If he wants to shop the market, which I doubt--he likely could get more.
Considering he's fragile, and hurt half the season--to go any more than $ 1.5 on Toby would be a mistake --in my opinion. We have to many "expensive" young guys to sign.

Our big money year is not this offseason, but next offseason. A 1 year can't really hurt us.

member 262271

I didn't realize his win loss record, what an amazing season he's had. Also I figured if he's going after an Amercian born goalie record it would have to be Richter, apparently not. Barrasso hearing footsteps.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Coming off a poor sophomore season why wouldn't he?

Why would the Jets have offered him an 8 year deal at that point? They were just coming off the Pavelec blunder. A deal like that would have been severely lambasted at the time. Revisionist history is a wonderful thing but the truth is there was not a lot of Helle love around here after last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evil Little

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016

Enstrom is still a good top 6 defenseman imo

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Why would the Jets have offered him an 8 year deal at that point? They were just coming off the Pavelec blunder. A deal like that would have been severely lambasted at the time. Revisionist history is a wonderful thing but the truth is there was not a lot of Helle love around here after last season.

That's probably why I wrote in hindsight it would have been nice. Yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad