Rumor: Jets shopping Trouba

Status
Not open for further replies.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Oh man I love me some Nurse playing along Buff. Doubt Trouba resigns in Edm.
For fun though
Signed Trouba, Roslo, Stanley for RNH and Nurse? Think Peg needs to add just not sure.
Don't want to move Nuge for futures/prospects. If RNH is going your way in the deal, Connor better be coming our way. Understandable if you wouldn't do that.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
He's really good (our best defenceman on certain nights) but I'm getting tired of this attitude stuff
Hope we get a good return if he's moved

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yeah nobody is signing him to an offer sheet because Winnipeg has less than a leg to stand on in trade talks. Absolutely zero leverage
Jets leverage is multiple teams that are interested in trading for him. Best offer wins. The rest go away.

Also, Trouba won't sign a long-term offer sheet because the Jets could match and control him for several more seasons.

A few teams are going to decide that a young, highly effective RD is a high priority and the Jets will get some good offers.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Jets leverage is multiple teams that are interested in trading for him. Best offer wins. The rest go away.

One team is going to make a respectable offer that suits the Jets needs, the rest will be standing there holding their d1cks wondering what happened. Sorry, prospects like Veleno, Hronek, Myers, Wilde, Borgstrom etc and a decent 1st is absolutely worth Trouba.
I’m amazed the posters who over value the players in their system. Prospects who have T4/6 potential are traded every year at the TDL for a lot less than a top pairing RHD

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
One team is going to make a respectable offer that suits the Jets needs, the rest will be standing there holding their d1cks wondering what happened. Sorry, prospects like Veleno, Hronek, Myers, Wilde, Borgstrom etc and a decent 1st is absolutely worth Trouba.
I’m amazed the posters who over value the players in their system. Prospects who have T4/6 potential are traded every year at the TDL for a lot less than a top pairing RHD

I think Trouba is worth a mid first + good prospect.

Hronek: good prospect/young player
Early second (Detroit) + mid 2nd (NYI) is certainly around the value of a late first.

Nuckler

May 7, 2013
From Vancouver
2020 1st option to defer 1 year if it's in the top 5
Jake virtanen
Chris tanev(50% retained)
Olli joulevi

Winnipeg
Trouba resigned

Replaces trouba with a reliable cheap right side defenceman and adds depth for them without a lot of cap cost also the 1st could be anywhere from 5th-playoff pick next year depending on what Vancouver does.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Also, Trouba won't sign a long-term offer sheet because the Jets could match and control him for several more seasons.

A few teams are going to decide that a young, highly effective RD is a high priority and the Jets will get some good offers.

A lot of teams won’t be willing to pay premium price for an RFA who has clearly been working his way to UFA status.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

It’s less about his value, more about not willing to gut the organization. But go ahead with whatever nonsense you are assuming.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
When they say that the Jets and Trouba were 3MM apart, there has to be a term variation as well. If it was 7MM long-term, that would be a done deal. Trouba must have been asking for a short term $7MM.

Although, we couldn't get Morrissey locked up long term either and no one is saying he wants out...

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Would love Trouba on the Sharks but I don't think the Jets want to trade him anywhere in the West and even if they did I don't think the Sharks have the pieces to land him and I don't know if he'd even want to play there. lol

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
I think Trouba is worth a mid first + good prospect.

Hronek: good prospect/young player
Early second (Detroit) + mid 2nd (NYI) is certainly around the value of a late first.

Agreed. If Detroit’s pick was 10-15 I would say 1st + either Veleno or Hronek. The 6th is a little much I would think

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
It’s less about his value, more about not willing to gut the organization. But go ahead with whatever nonsense you are assuming.

I already stated that it was about a rebuilding team not wanting to give up assets. Nonsense or not, a team will be willing to give up value for Trouba. You don’t like it too bad

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Trouba would instantly be your best D. What’s that worth?

Do you walk into a car dealership and pay the sticker price right off the first car you see because that’s what the price is? You just accept the first price that it is put in front of you?

You are buying something used on Craigslist, say a motorcycle. You pay the list price because you are currently commuting on a bicycle? You don’t consider the fact that the guy is being forced to get rid of it because his wife doesn’t like it? You don’t consider that it has a salvage title? You don’t consider that it needs hours upon hours of mechanical work?

Yeah, Trouba is a hell of a player, but it’s not like his relationship and contract situation with Winnipeg is wart free. I’d guess he doesn’t return close to what you think he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad