Rumor: Jets shopping Trouba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Detroit is the obvious destination. Winnipeg does not want salary back for obvious reasons.

To Detroit: Trouba
To Winnipeg: Hronek, both Detroit's and NYI's second round picks

Enough? Not enough?
Not bad, in my view, but I think the Jets might look for a 1st as a centerpiece. The Flyers' #11 overall would be enticing.

But I like Hronek...

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What?

They were 3 mil apart before the hearing and the arbiter chose 5.5 mil.

When you go to arbitration one side is nearly always ridiculously low and the other ridiculously high.
Yep. Wish it was more like mlb where the arbitrator chooses one of the two numbers. Forces both sides to be realistic otherwise they risk going with the other sides numbers.

Man the jets two years ago was look how strong their D is. Now it’s myers hitting ufa and Trouba on the block. Just shows how quickly things can change.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I wonder if Trouba has his heart set on a particular location and will pursue UFA status to help that cause.
If so he'll fetch the return of a primo rental, whatever that equates to in the summer rather than around deadline day. :dunno:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Detroit is the obvious destination. Winnipeg does not want salary back for obvious reasons.

Enough? Not enough?

I can promise you that nobody from the Wings board will consider this remotely close to reasonable. If this is the cost, Detroit shouldn't buy.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I can promise you that nobody from the Wings board will consider this remotely close to reasonable. If this is the cost, Detroit shouldn't buy.
If Travis Hamonic got traded for mid first + 2 second round picks, I'm pretty sure price for Trouba is going to be even a bit higher than my suggestion.

I don't see Detroit trading #6OA...

Reactions: TS Quint

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
I thought Trouba didn't want to be in Canada

I could only see Toronto as a destination that he would agree to seeing as it is close to Detroit and his family and is a big market which he is looking for. But even so I doubt he would go there long term.
Florida, TBay, Detroit are my top three and Philly, Pittsburgh and NYR rounding out the rest.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015

Enough? Not enough?

I think it's already been established that Detroit won't include Hronek in a trade for Trouba. Cholowski might be more realistic.

Maybe Yzerman works something out where the Wings swing a trade with Tampa to take Callahan's cap hit and JT Miller, and then flip Miller+ to the Jets for Trouba.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Trouba in essence has a ntc as he can file for arbitration if he doesn’t like where he gets dealt to and hit ufa in 2020. He’s come this far.

Is he a rental or a guy who gets signed for term by the acquiring team?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I'd imagine they only want picks/prospects/ELC players.

I think they end up with a 10-15th pick and a prospect. Don't think they get a huge return here, but it's better than keeping him for one more season and losing him to free agency after that. They need cap space so clearing 5M+ for futures has added value.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
If Travis Hamonic got traded for mid first + 2 second round picks, I'm pretty sure price for Trouba is going to be even a bit higher than my suggestion.

I don't see Detroit trading #6OA...

Travis Hamonic, the guy with term and a cap hit of $3.85M? Compared to Trouba in need of a new contract that will cost probably double Hamonic's? Put it this way, the picks I don't care about, but Hronek is likely a non-starter for the Wings at this point.

Reactions: TML1990
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad