OT: Jets Lounge: The Dog Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Playing FHM2 right now and just doing a timeline sim.

Laine is killing it in this one. At 23 years old he has really had a solid career so far.

2x Cup Winner (2020, 2022)
2x Smythe Winner (2020, 2022)
1x Ross Winner (111 points)
2x Rocket Winner (45 goals and 59 goals)
3x All Star
451 points in 478 career NHL games so far.
Has only missed 6 games in 6 seasons.

So far this is the best career I've gotten out of Laine. He's really living beyond the expectations in this one.

Interestingly enough this ends up being McDavids darkest timeline I've ever witnessed..

2x Cup winner (2019, 2021)
2x Smythe Winner (2019, 2021)
1x Ross Winner (102 points)
3x All Star
510 points in 484 NHL games.
After his Cup and Smythe win in the 2021 season, McDavid and his Oilers entered the 21/22 season as the odds on favorites to win the Cup. Unfortunately he suffered a head injury in November while leading the league in points and was diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome. McDavid retired from hockey the following spring.

Last edited:

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
I honestly hated living on the island with its 8 months of rain..lived there for four years.

I like Calgary but it's not to hit and not to cold. It still gets pretty warm in the summer and stuff, but the winter is far from extreme.

I did a summer in Kingston while I was in the army and the humidity was just unbearable.

I get the rain can last for a while but in my last 3 plus years here its been very mild. I can't really say first hand about winters prior but I get the impression I've been a bit lucky.Just as long as your feet are dry and you dress accordingly it's no biggie for me. But I do get what you're saying about the wet cold. Are you PPCLI if you don't mind me asking?

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I get the rain can last for a while but in my last 3 plus years here its been very mild. I can't really say first hand about winters prior but I get the impression I've been a bit lucky.Just as long as your feet are dry and you dress accordingly it's no biggie for me. But I do get what you're saying about the wet cold. Are you PPCLI if you don't mind me asking?

I was Sigs. But then I joined the Navy and was posted to Esquimalt. I really liked it there in the summer, you probably won't find a better summer anywhere really...but the bloody rain all day. Ugh. My last year there wasn't too bad though. The rain held off until November or so.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
with global warming, this conversation will get a bit more interesting.
Toronto currently has around 20 days where it's over 30 C. this century, that's expected to climb to 60 days. that makes things quite tough to live in.

that makes unliveable cities like Houston become insane to live in.

Calgary's weather's odd. very cold winters. sometimes snow in June/July. super dry. but hey! chinooks!

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
so you're pretty much waiting for San Diego to become part of Canada and you'll move there.

to be fair, my wife becomes a huge baby once the winter comes. won't do much outside.
i love the summer, but i've learned to appreciate the winter. i'll go biking if the weather hovers a bit below zero (the norm lately in Toronto). i'll go and look for owls at a Toronto park (we get long eared, snowy, saw-whet and great horned owls every winter). the snow can be quite beautiful.

of course, i would rather it be summer all the time. i'm a sun baby. and, fashion-wise, toronto gets quite, um, revealing in the summer, so it's a treat to have the nice weather.

Funny you should mention SD... We'll be there later today and it is somewhere we'd consider moving to. I do sometimes miss the Winnipeg winters but I'm not sure I could handle them anymore after 16 years away.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Funny you should mention SD... We'll be there later today and it is somewhere we'd consider moving to. I do sometimes miss the Winnipeg winters but I'm not sure I could handle them anymore after 16 years away.

i will never, ever miss Wpg winters. my car's battery freezing. eyelids freezing shut while skating outside. nope, nope.

SD, though... hope you enjoy the beer. it's a beer mecca. Lost Abbey brewery and Toronado bar.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm one of those weirdos who loves Florida weather even in summer.

I'm sure 90+ and humid will get to you eventually but it never has yet. When I was younger I hated heat and humidity but I think I may have become a lizard in my advanced age.

PS the Battlefield 1 open beta is on now. It's fun as hell. Really nothing to write home about in uniqueness but fun nonetheless.

Fantiniastic is my Gamertag. ask kiwi, we game all the time :laugh:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Just watched John Wick

The Continental is now one of my favorite movie sets of all time.

I asked in other thread, but are you heading to the winkler ex game tonight? One of my players may be playing and wanted to see if you could let me know how he does. If you're going can you pm me the program?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I'm sure 90+ and humid will get to you eventually but it never has yet. When I was younger I hated heat and humidity but I think I may have become a lizard in my advanced age.

PS the Battlefield 1 open beta is on now. It's fun as hell. Really nothing to write home about in uniqueness but fun nonetheless.

Ps or Xbone? I'm definitely picking it up when its out.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France

Shhhh I haven't turned my Xbox on in months. :laugh:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
with global warming, this conversation will get a bit more interesting.
Toronto currently has around 20 days where it's over 30 C. this century, that's expected to climb to 60 days. that makes things quite tough to live in.

that makes unliveable cities like Houston become insane to live in.

Calgary's weather's odd. very cold winters. sometimes snow in June/July. super dry. but hey! chinooks!

Honestly last winter we had, what felt like, ten days or so that the high temperature of the day was below minus ten. Year before was super cold though. Just frigid.

I don't remember the last time we had snow in June/July...but we did get a huge dump of it last September lol. It was pretty unreal.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Last chance for Canada to advance in the World Cup qualifiers tonight.

Need some help in Mexico, and a big win in Vancouver. Not looking good. Need to make up 6 goals between those two games. (Or if we win 4-0, then Mexico can win 1-0)

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
I'm having problems on Twitter getting a picture on my profile and all I have on Twitter is hustler talking to me. Seriously I'm not that n00bish it should be easy. I go to profile settings and it shows the egg pic but nowhere I can see to edit. Any help much appreciated

The Fist

Fist full of dollars
Feb 9, 2014
Winnipeg
Hey guys, long time avid reader of this board (since that beautiful day on May 31st of 2011). This board has some of the most knowledgable fans and I've learned a lot and laughed a lot from the consistent humour in these threads, finally felt like this was the right time to start posting before the season gets underway.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Hey guys, long time avid reader of this board (since that beautiful day on May 31st of 2011). This board has some of the most knowledgable fans and I've learned a lot and laughed a lot from the consistent humour in these threads, finally felt like this was the right time to start posting before the season gets underway.

Welcome to HFJets. Now that you're here...you can never leave.

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island

Welcome. Love these boards. I too am a lurker that recently started posting. And as far as comparing different boards on here I agree

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm having problems on Twitter getting a picture on my profile and all I have on Twitter is hustler talking to me. Seriously I'm not that n00bish it should be easy. I go to profile settings and it shows the egg pic but nowhere I can see to edit. Any help much appreciated

From your main profile page click Edit Profile and then you'll get an option right away to change your profile picture, bio, name, and all that. Don't go into settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad