OT: Jets Lounge: The Dog Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
the home plate was tucked into a weird angle of the north endzone. kind of jutted into the northwest corner.
the outfield fence was temporary and was probably near centre field. so you'd be staring into empty stands and an empty football field.

it was absolute garbage to watch a game and it also mucked up how the football field looked. you could have 10 000 at a game (not that it happened) and it would still look depressingly empty and feel soulless.

i think i only went to 1 or 2 games at the new stadium. when they first built it, they didn't put shatterproof glass in the boxes. a foul tip would go back and right through the windows. pretty funny.

Thats a pretty depressing picture no doubt. Anything with too much space like that feels just wrong lol.

I really like the new ball park - doesn't feel cheap at all, seems well run, always pretty clean, etc. The odd game in can look a little empty but as you get closer to home plate the stands always seem to fill out. There are always a few hardcores at the game too yelling and heckling, keeping things interesting.

I like sitting in the 'grand slam' sections A, B and C way out on the north side. More room to move and the beer guys come down those sections just as much.

On Wikipedia it says the old Goldeyes of the former Northern League (during the 50s and 60s) were actually a minor league affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals - but there is no citation so not sure if its accurate or not. Found that pretty interesting.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Thats a pretty depressing picture no doubt. Anything with too much space like that feels just wrong lol.

I really like the new ball park - doesn't feel cheap at all, seems well run, always pretty clean, etc. The odd game in can look a little empty but as you get closer to home plate the stands always seem to fill out. There are always a few hardcores at the game too yelling and heckling, keeping things interesting.

I like sitting in the 'grand slam' sections A, B and C way out on the north side. More room to move and the beer guys come down those sections just as much.

On Wikipedia it says the old Goldeyes of the former Northern League (during the 50s and 60s) were actually a minor league affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals - but there is no citation so not sure if its accurate or not. Found that pretty interesting.

deformity.jpg

and this is looking at home plate

winnipeg_3.jpg

there also were the Winnipeg Whips way back when

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
Those pictures bring back memories. Went to a few Goldeyes games at the old stadium when I was a young lad.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Yeah I remember going to a Goldeyes game around 97 or 98 at the stadium and finding it really weird. The picture of the empty stands in the outfield brought back memories haha.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Was pretty well known. I talked about how seto was a bad pickup when the trade happened due to this. Talked about how much he loved the shark club while he was here. This was certainly a move where Chevy got the wool pulled over his eyes.

In retrospect though, TNSE getting behind the Shark Club as kind of a honey pot to spot troubled players like that seems like a genius move.

As for Devin, I hope he stays clean and at least has some semblance of NHL career. I won't be bitter at all that he couldn't do it here in Winnipeg.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Our online medical* staff will require more information in order to provide a diagnosis and treatment recommendations.

* Please note that trained staff may not always be available. We reserve the right to substitute uninformed speculation.

I feel like if we, as a community on our Jets Board, had one sentence to sum us up the bolded would probably do in a pinch.

To the matter at hand. There is pretty much nothing I can't fix with a Martini and a hammer.

Last edited:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I feel like if we, as a community on our Jets Board, had one sentence to sum us up the bolded would probably do in a pinch.

To the matter at hand. There is pretty much nothing I can't fix with a Martini and a hammer.

Never drink and drive nails. Just thumb good advice. :D

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
I rolled it the other day...but it didn't hurt or anything so I was like eh. Whatever. Turns out that was the wrong attitude

Live and learn sully, that's how experience becomes into being........ but thanks for the heads up...... its much easier learning thru someone else's wrong turn than doing it yourself, best of luck sully and may you heal fast and firm.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Live and learn sully, that's how experience becomes into being........ but thanks for the heads up...... its much easier learning thru someone else's wrong turn than doing it yourself, best of luck sully and may you heal fast and firm.

It's pretty good now. Advil is pretty much a cure all.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
So I have a ten year old daughter who has just starred her period....this happened a couple of days ago and that is literally how long it took for her to try and use it as an excuse for back talking me.

The struggle is real.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Or it could just be that averages are made of highs and lows. My daughter was eleven when it set in. She plays volleyball with a girl that just had her onset - 16.

That said, all the best of luck to you. Having a daughter made me realize that nothing I could have done differently as a teenager would have made a difference. Boys and girls is just different creatures. Hormones. Full stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad