OT: Jets Lounge: The Dog Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
So I have a ten year old daughter who has just starred her period....this happened a couple of days ago and that is literally how long it took for her to try and use it as an excuse for back talking me.

The struggle is real.

maybe she's lying to you about her age?

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
So I have a ten year old daughter who has just starred her period....this happened a couple of days ago and that is literally how long it took for her to try and use it as an excuse for back talking me.

The struggle is real.

:laugh: Gotta milk it for what it's worth.

Real talk I hope she doesn't get them too bad. I was fine but my sister's are a nightmare.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Ps or Xbone? I'm definitely picking it up when its out.

XBOX One. Game is a hoot!

So I am down in Florida, a block from the beach, and am inside watching hockey :laugh:

Also baseball and football, and I also brought my XBOX down. What is wrong with me?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Thats a pretty depressing picture no doubt. Anything with too much space like that feels just wrong lol.

I really like the new ball park - doesn't feel cheap at all, seems well run, always pretty clean, etc. The odd game in can look a little empty but as you get closer to home plate the stands always seem to fill out. There are always a few hardcores at the game too yelling and heckling, keeping things interesting.

I like sitting in the 'grand slam' sections A, B and C way out on the north side. More room to move and the beer guys come down those sections just as much.

On Wikipedia it says the old Goldeyes of the former Northern League (during the 50s and 60s) were actually a minor league affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals - but there is no citation so not sure if its accurate or not. Found that pretty interesting.

I think that Winnipeg could support being a minor league team for an MLB team but there are so many US cities that can fill that role better which sucks. I wish we could get at least double A ball back, I'd be far more likely to get into it then. Independant ball is just too inconsistent and mistake filled for me to really enjoy.

spellchecker45

Oct 3, 2011
Does anyone know somebody good at car speaker repairs? I have upgraded my stock speakers to pioneer premiers and something went wrong now they are shorting out. It's some kind of wiring problem. I am trying to find someone who can help me out for cheaper then the big names out there.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Does anyone know somebody good at car speaker repairs? I have upgraded my stock speakers to pioneer premiers and something went wrong now they are shorting out. It's some kind of wiring problem. I am trying to find someone who can help me out for cheaper then the big names out there.

Make sure the + and - are not reversed. Make sure the system is grounded and make sure the splices are insulated with electrical tape or rubber. If a + and - splice touch the speakers will short out immediately. That is usually what happens to me when I Frankenstein my own home theatre :)

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad