OT: Jets Lounge: The Dog Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Someone explain to me the relationship between canines and the approximate days surrounding the summer solstice?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The 20 days before and the 20 days after the conjunction of the sun and the star Sirius which is located inside the constellation of a dog.

The more you know...

giphy.gif

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
Off to a good start.

I'm glad you didn't YWG the Laine thread is only cool because it is not supposed to be the OT thread.

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
Jays/Baseball anyone?

Sucks Estrada is on the DL and can't pitch in the ASG. Dudes change up is the best in baseball. Doesn't throw hard but hits his spots. Nice outing for Stro today. Get to see Hutch tomorrow. That guy has disappointed me. When he's on, you can't hit him. Soooo inconsistent though. Need some help in the pen. They'll bring a few arms in when they can expand the roster. Perhaps a trade. The bats on the other hand...yikes, what a line up. Scary deep. Even without Bautista. Tulos hitting finnallllyyyy lol. Knew he'd come around eventually. Hitting in the AL was an adjustment for him. Cubs aren't going to win the series lol.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
Yeah poor wales. Now france is my only hope and I don't really even want them to win other than because they're at home.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jays/Baseball anyone?

Sucks Estrada is on the DL and can't pitch in the ASG. Dudes change up is the best in baseball. Doesn't throw hard but hits his spots. Nice outing for Stro today. Get to see Hutch tomorrow. That guy has disappointed me. When he's on, you can't hit him. Soooo inconsistent though. Need some help in the pen. They'll bring a few arms in when they can expand the roster. Perhaps a trade. The bats on the other hand...yikes, what a line up. Scary deep. Even without Bautista. Tulos hitting finnallllyyyy lol. Knew he'd come around eventually. Hitting in the AL was an adjustment for him. Cubs aren't going to win the series lol.

Now that they are winning I find I watch more baseball again. I am a fair weather fan when it comes to ball.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Now that they are winning I find I watch more baseball again. I am a fair weather fan when it comes to ball.

It remains to be seen if I will be that way, but them coming alive these last couple seasons has made my interest peak and now I find myself watching Jays games in the evening often. I used to be a guy who would only watch the World Series occasionally. Love watching baseball in person but couldn't stomach it on TV. Now suddenly I'm invested.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The 20 days before and the 20 days after the conjunction of the sun and the star Sirius which is located inside the constellation of a dog.

The more you know...

Known as "Puss Month" in Finland. Not for any feline association, mind you, even if it more or less coincides with the Sign of Leo. It's due a translation error originally but caught on as it's exactly the time of the year when the late summer moist and heat cause heightened risk for wounds infecting and groceries rottening faster than usually.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
The wife is German, so I will be cheering for Die Mannschaft. However, if France makes it, I will cheer for Portugal. Anybody but France.

Really my preferred winner is France (because they're at home), Portugal, then Germany (because they just won the world cup).

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
French "Hú!" is nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad