GDT: Jets @ Leafs • Tue, Feb 21 • 630PM CT • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So, if the Jets appealed Trouba's suspension, he would be able to play tonight, right?
and we get a week off after this game.
And Toby could possibly, although not likely, be back immediately after the bye? (2-3 weeks as of Feb 17 surgery was my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong)

Maybe this defensive tire fire could be somewhat mitigated?

Incorrect. The Jets can't appeal. Only Trouba can. But he would still sit out while the appeal is heard (remember Wideman last year) Because of the Jets break it's possible he could have it reduced in time for him to be back against the Wild if he appealed.

If it was reduced to zero he would just get his pay back

CdnGuy

Feb 20, 2017
Just retire already Bob. You're not funny and your article yesterday was garbage

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg

1Zwx8_s-200x150.gif

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Too stupid to be funny. TSN shows pretty much all the Leaf's games out here in Calgary, but of course when the Jets play them it's only on TSN3 and locally blacked out again. It's almost like TSN and the NHL don't want to promote Winnipeg as a "real" NHL member. Hell, we get more friggin' games with the Islanders or Hurricanes than we do the Jets.
[Frustrated]

TSN doesn't have national rights to broadcast games. They can't show Leafs games in Calgary...

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
And this is why Chevy needed to be proactive in fixing our defensive issues. Bring in someone like Gelinas for free. A pretty good defenseman (Stone) was acquired yesterday for almost nothing.

Even with injuries, there's really no excuse to be filling out a lineup card that features Stuart, Chiarot and Melchiori. It's not like they're young guys that we need to have a look at.

Barberio for actually nothing. :shakehead No, needs more :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
yeah, it is. And it's probably even worse for Matthews

I think maybe in training camp, but they have access to Matthews all the time.

RR had a guest on who said that's the biggest scrum for a rookie he's ever seen, including Crosby and Ovi

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Barberio for actually nothing. :shakehead No, needs more :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Didn't mention Barberio because the Avs had waiver priority over us, so it's possible Chevy put in a claim.

That said, I'm sure Bergevin would've put out courtesy calls prior to waiving him. Jets could've just given the Habs their 7th round pick back. :laugh:

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
So, if the Jets appealed Trouba's suspension, he would be able to play tonight, right?
and we get a week off after this game.
And Toby could possibly, although not likely, be back immediately after the bye? (2-3 weeks as of Feb 17 surgery was my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong)

Maybe this defensive tire fire could be somewhat mitigated?

The rules are different in hockey than baseball (I don't know other sports' rules)

In hockey you still sit during your appeal.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
If Winnipeg had Laine first over all, or any other team had drafted Matthews FOA, I wonder if Laine would be as popular in the media...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad