GDT: Jets @ Leafs • Tue, Feb 21 • 630PM CT • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
cut.jpg

Talk about tanking goes here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2183971

Full game preview: https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/game-day-laine-matthews-square-off-in-toronto/c-286977786

Go :jets!!

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Patrik with a hattrick.
Matthews dekes around Stu and gets a decent shot on net.
TSN has 47 articles on Matthews' amazing game.

For this reason alone, we must crush the Leafs.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Winnipeg leads 2-1 after 2. Laine and Morrissey (PP).

Refs take over in the third. A few bad penalties and a disallowed Jets goal, 3-3 leading to OT. Schiefele wins in overtime with a saucer from Laine.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Well I'd love to beat the Leafs, but with Trouba out we're going to need to score a bunch of goals. Laine, I'm looking at you...:skeptic:

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Interesting stats on NHL.com Winnipeg is dead last in the league in goals against (194), Tor is 23rd (173). Yet Winnipeg is 7th in the league in goals for, whereas Toronto is 6th. I expect a high scoring game, crappy defense on both sides. Game will go to the side with a less than usual crappy goaltender.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Interesting stats on NHL.com Winnipeg is dead last in the league in goals against (194), Tor is 23rd (173). Yet Winnipeg is 7th in the league in goals for, whereas Toronto is 6th. I expect a high scoring game, crappy defense on both sides. Game will go to the side with a less than usual crappy goaltender.

I would love to see a game like the Philly game of 2011/12 where it was back and forth all game with a final of 9-8.

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
29-0. Laine scores all 29 and after each one points to his number on his sleeve.

Matthews drinks from an upside down water bottle and is immediately given the Calder.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Jets GDT is simple, containing nothing special this time, but I must say it

It's several magnitudes more classy then it's Toronto counterpart.

You don't have to be even a homer to be able to see that as an objective fact.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016

Shoud be noted that jets have played 4 more games tho.

Perhaps those goals for would be even better had Laine not missed 10% of the season :/

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
Too stupid to be funny. TSN shows pretty much all the Leaf's games out here in Calgary, but of course when the Jets play them it's only on TSN3 and locally blacked out again. It's almost like TSN and the NHL don't want to promote Winnipeg as a "real" NHL member. Hell, we get more friggin' games with the Islanders or Hurricanes than we do the Jets.
[Frustrated]

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Meh, I took a peak and no big surprise. Laine is a threat to their chosen one so I expect the angst. Even got a chuckle out of them referring to us as Atlanta. It's all good, they won as many cups as Winnipeg did whether it was called Atlanta or Phoenix. :naughty:

Nicos

Dec 14, 2016
Too stupid to be funny. TSN shows pretty much all the Leaf's games out here in Calgary, but of course when the Jets play them it's only on TSN3 and locally blacked out again. It's almost like TSN and the NHL don't want to promote Winnipeg as a "real" NHL member. Hell, we get more friggin' games with the Islanders or Hurricanes than we do the Jets.
[Frustrated]

I read this in my head with a voice of an angry moose.

Back to the topic, i think this game is going to be exciting game from the start to finish with both rookies claiming points. The Jets defense surely looks a bit catastrophic and if Big Buff has one of his off games I'm seeing zero points coming back to Winnipeg.. Hellebuyck could save this game for the Jets tho!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Ya i took a peek at it , don't worry at least Laine's nose isn't upside down and look like he has two black eyes from not enough sleep . :laugh: See we can play that game as well . Jets win 4-0 and Laine gets 3 goals and a secondary assist .

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
I'm wondering what the over under is on times Matthews has to successfully dump the puck in before TSN awards him player of the game status.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm wondering what the over under is on times Matthews has to successfully dump the puck in before TSN awards him player of the game status.
Just be thankful the game isn't on Sportstorontonet , it would be unwatchable , at least we have Beyak and Nighty to listen to.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
And please , please , please Toronto POKE THE BEAR tonight . I want to see Big Buff not Big Puff .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->