GDT: Jets @ Leafs • Tue, Feb 21 • 630PM CT • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
I will actually be cheering for your team to win tonight, despite the injuries you've costed Ottawa. I want the Jets to make it to the playoffs. Oh and also Laine >>>>> Matthews. Respect

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Hard to imagine the league letting Matthews lose to the Jets twice. Looking for some ref shenanigans, the ACC should be good for influencing two crucial Jet penalties.

Every bone in my body hates the Laffes, I loathe them. Please don't lose Jets.

GJG!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
If we can bring the heavy game evident the last few games tonight and (sans our #1 D man) pull off a victory, I might actually feel a slight tingle of optimism that a miracle might be brewing for the remainder of this season. C'mon Jets! Gimme a slight tingle pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
This is a statement game for the Jets.

With Trouba out, everyone needs to concentrate on their defensive responsibilities.

Hellebuyck needs to be a wall.

Go! :jets Go!

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
Apparently Melchiori slots in to 2nd pair and Stafford takes Tanevs place in 4th line. Otherwise same as last game.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Lots of optimism here, but with no Trouba, Enstrom and Myers, my prediction is ...

Leafs 4
Jets 2

Unfortunately for the Jets I've been pretty bang on with my predictions since the Tampa game.

Jets come out with a DUD of a game tonight. TSN anoints Matthews the greatest of all-time for what he does versus AHL level defensemen.

Glad I'll be working and will miss this one. My tv will avoid damage.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
I like the Jets physical play of late and hope both teams come out unscathed. When HF whines excessively about hitting I feel bad for hockey.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
This is what Illegalcurve had:

Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Scheifele-Laine
Matthias-Lowry-Armia
Tanev-Petan-Thorburn

D lines are still in flux as Jacob Trouba was skating this morning.

Hellebuyck & Hutchinson

Edit - didn't see Aavco's post above.

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
I saw Melchiot <-> Trouba , Stafford <-> Tanev in dailyfaceoff. They are usually reliable so don't know if they just made a quess.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I saw Melchiot <-> Trouba , Stafford <-> Tanev in dailyfaceoff. They are usually reliable so don't know if they just made a quess.

They might have got that from Lawless' twitter reporting. I tried to question him on it but got no response.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
three take-aways:

1. god, those are f'ing ugly

No, they are beautiful.

CckIZNeWEAA821D.jpg

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Hard to imagine the league letting Matthews lose to the Jets twice. Looking for some ref shenanigans, the ACC should be good for influencing two crucial Jet penalties.

Come on - let's not resort to conspiracy theories.

Every bone in my body hates the Laffes, I loathe them. Please don't lose Jets.

GJG!

Amen to this!

My little 6-year-old hockey fan is so pumped for this game. He's a big Laine fan, whereas one of his buddies is a big Leafs/Matthews fan. So my son keeps asking me to confirm that Laine is better, than the Jets are sure to win tonight... I mean as soon as he learns to type he'll fit right in on the main boards! :laugh:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Glad I'll be working and will miss this one. My tv will avoid damage.

Glad? Personally I'm festering on that agreeging to do my buddy's morning shift tomorrow after having an evening shift today may have been an extremely silly move.

I'll probs wake at three at night to Kessel-like feeling that there's something I should be doing.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Glad? Personally I'm festering on that agreeging to do my buddy's morning shift tomorrow after having an evening shift today may have been an extremely silly move.

I'll probs wake at three at night to Kessel-like feeling that there's something I should be doing.

My plan is to wake up at 4 AM, check the score from my phone and continue my sleep if i don't like what i'm seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino