GDT: Jets @ Leafs • Tue, Feb 21 • 630PM CT • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Its too bad that we arent in the same conference as this is turning into quite the rivalry. Love them or hate them Win and Tor are turning into powerhouse teams.

its hilarious that both teams got the players they need (in Laine and Matthews). Its even more hilarious how we both hate on how much they are succeeding.

Good luck tonight... But not really.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
29-0. Laine scores all 29 and after each one points to his number on his sleeve.

Matthews drinks from an upside down water bottle and is immediately given the Calder.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: incredible.

But if you guys think the Leafs offense won't score 4+ against our AHL defense tonight... :help: No Enstrom, no Trouba, no Myers... it's Buff, Mo and scrubs.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Also to their GDT:

bYiO4ct.png

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Ok. If this is not a jinx on their part...

Tesaka

Jun 28, 2016
Finland
I am really hoping for great game (offensively) from both teams. Also I hope both Laine and Matthews shine, since I love watching young talent play (and even as Jets wan would not want Matthews play bad). Too bad Marner is not playing, would loved watch him too vs Jets.

For me Jets 4 - 1

Bwadlay

Feb 22, 2016
Remember when we had that stretch 2 season ago where we had some defensive injuries, the Jets got Harrison and how well we played during that spell. I see the Jets playing that way again: keep it simple and defense first mindset.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Remember when we had that stretch 2 season ago where we had some defensive injuries, the Jets got Harrison and how well we played during that spell. I see the Jets playing that way again: keep it simple and defense first mindset.
I agree but the Jets have to keep on banging the way we have for the entire road trip . I don't think Toronto's smaller players will like this at all . Buff should lay a nice big hit early so they have their heads on a swivel all night . :nod:

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
The pressure's on Toronto here, you have to think. They're the "Better team" coming in to play an AHL defence, and they need to win to keep pace in the playoff race over there in that division. The Jets are probably already thinking about their trips to Maui they've got planned and will be loose, nevermind confident from their three previous games.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Hope you don't mind, but I added a little "Jets flourish" to your most excellent image:

5bXqH8s.png

I thought about doing that but it seemed too steep an angle, good job! I was thinking also of having Matthews holding a mini Don Cherry too but nvm.
Go :jets Go!

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Hope the Jets can keep up their recent play. Really don't like the look of our D though. Ouch.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Ok. If this is not a jinx on their part...

three take-aways:

1. god, those are f'ing ugly
2. if the Leafs are honouring that era (when there were, what, 3 teams in the NHL?) then the Jets should honour the Winnipeg Victorias and the Winnipeg Warriors
3. the Leafs sure love their cash grabs

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
three take-aways:

1. god, those are f'ing ugly
2. if the Leafs are honouring that era (when there were, what, 3 teams in the NHL?) then the Jets should honour the Winnipeg Victorias and the Winnipeg Warriors
3. the Leafs sure love their cash grabs

4. **** the Leafs?

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
All signs point to a disappointing loss. The circus factor potential to this game is off the charts. If Leafs gag on the pressure HFLeafs will need therapy.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Matthews has edge over Laine in Calder race. This time it's personal.

Buff can play 33 minutes and JoMo can play 27 minutes. That leaves only 60 minutes for the rest of the D.

Why was Trouba's suspension was not one game this year and a Leaf game to be named later?

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
Leafs fan coming in peace. Just wishing you guys good luck and hopefully we have a great game to watch tonight. I have a lot of family roots in Winnipeg (My Dad's got some signed Bobby Hull Jets cards at home) so I'm rooting for you guys to make the playoffs (Just not at our expense tonight :)). I am a big Ehlers fan (Mooseheads) and Laine is a lot of fun to watch. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad