Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 16-17 Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Assuming we get no surprises from the lottery this year, what would the value be for the Jets first round pick? Obviously lower than some years I'm assuming.

Because I could definitely see trading the 1st and a good prospect for a goalie or a solid D man if it would get it done.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Assuming we get no surprises from the lottery this year, what would the value be for the Jets first round pick? Obviously lower than some years I'm assuming.

Because I could definitely see trading the 1st and a good prospect for a goalie or a solid D man if it would get it done.

I hope they don't.......get one for free as a UFA

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
this might be the highest pick they get for the next ten years. they have to keep it and get a future star.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Thought this was a fun comparison...
C9CIUWpUMAA0zbW.jpg:large

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Thought this was a fun comparison...
C9CIUWpUMAA0zbW.jpg:large

Its a little depressing to see that the numbers for Enstrom support the eye-test for this year. I hope his season was affected by his personal situation and that he can bounce back next year (hope his wife bounces back too!).

If not then he really is a 3rd pair D and in serious decline. I might cancel the plans to sign him for 2 more years at a lower salary.

A serious decline from Enstrom will leave us really hurting on the left side with no real reinforcements in sight. :(

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Is there a website that shows "regulation wins" for NHL teams? I'm not interested much in this ROW stat, despite the Leagues insistence on using it to break ties.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Purely hypothetical, but if by chance we lost Lowry to Vegas...

Is there any affordable UFA centres that we would look at? Only ones I spotted were Bonino and Hanzal. And I figured that might be setting sights high enough to guarantee disappointment.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

Is there any affordable UFA centres that we would look at? Only ones I spotted were Bonino and Hanzal. And I figured that might be setting sights high enough to guarantee disappointment.

Scheif
Little
Petan/Roslo
Copp

Doesn't look too bad to me :dunno:

Like obviously Bonino would be an ideal 3rd line C, but I don't see us getting him.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

One of the reasons why Bonino was such a success in Pittsburgh is because he was dirt cheap $2 million cap hit. He's likely looking for a substantial raise and he deserves it given his performance. Your likely looking at 4 million per year. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with him at that rate moving forward. Good player though and he'd improve the roster.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Scheif
Little
Petan/Roslo
Copp

Doesn't look too bad to me :dunno:

Like obviously Bonino would be an ideal 3rd line C, but I don't see us getting him.

Yeah I wouldn't be terrified of Petan at 3C either. It would take quite a bit of...flexibility from what Maurice has run in the past. Who knows I guess.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah I wouldn't be terrified of Petan at 3C either. It would take quite a bit of...flexibility from what Maurice has run in the past. Who knows I guess.

Maurice really wanted to run Perreault at 3C.. hopefully he tries to build the lineup in that mold again, except with Petan at 3C

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Maurice really wanted to run Perreault at 3C.. hopefully he tries to build the lineup in that mold again, except with Petan at 3C

How does someone who is healthy scratched multiple times down the stretch and on last day of year. Someone that barley plays 7 minutes a game get promoted to 3rd line centre. He doesn't. Look for him to be on moose next year as the number 2 centre.

Nov 24, 2006
How does someone who is healthy scratched multiple times down the stretch and on last day of year. Someone that barley plays 7 minutes a game get promoted to 3rd line centre. He doesn't. Look for him to be on moose next year as the number 2 centre.

I don't see any place for Petan here. I'd move him and a high pick for help on D or maybe a goalie, personally.

If they don't want to move him, I think he's a decent call up if a top 6 forward goes down.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
If Petan dominates on the Moose, I hope he gets another (and hopefully better) chance to play for the Jet's on a scoring line. But at this point, I'd be fine with including him in some sort of trade package deal

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If Petan dominates on the Moose, I hope he gets another (and hopefully better) chance to play for the Jet's on a scoring line. But at this point, I'd be fine with including him in some sort of trade package deal

I don't see any problem with Petan except his usage.
But looking at the Jets roster and projecting some of the prospects it gets hard to see his future in Winnipeg. He could be shoehorned in but there are other options. That makes him expendable. I just wish he had been given an opportunity to succeed with the Jets. At least let him build some favourable stats to raise his trade value. From that POV he would have been better off playing for the Moose this whole year.

Healthy scratching him was just an idiotic move. Doesn't help his development. doesn't help his confidence. Doesn't help his trade value.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
People keep saying that Petan is expendable but I just don't see it. Do we not want a 3rd scoring line? Petan is the only Centre we have for that role, as Roslovic is a few years away.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
People keep saying that Petan is expendable but I just don't see it. Do we not want a 3rd scoring line? Petan is the only Centre we have for that role, as Roslovic is a few years away.

It's not that we don't want a third scoring line it's just that Maurice doesn't utilize his third line in that way.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Roslovic is probably not ready yet but I wouldn't put him that far away either. My guess would be more like 1 year. We potentially have others too but they are probably further away than Roslo.

Maurice is not going anywhere soon so, no 'we', don't want a 3rd scoring line. We being Maurice, want a 3rd shutdown line. Lowry is our 3C until either he or Maurice leaves. If we lose Lowry, Copp will slide into 3C.

So Petan is entirely expendable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad