Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I know they won't, but I'd like to see some sort of minimum NHL games played number to determine if a player is eligible along with the 3rd year pro criteria.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
An enterprising mod should take everything from post 954-on and plop it into a new thread called "NHL Expansion Draft Speculation" or something like that...

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
One thing I don't see mentioned - or I missed on purpose - is moving picks to protect a player. Las Vegas can take a pick instead of picking a player. The jets will have lots of eligible players for the expansion draft and this is one possible route.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
One thing I don't see mentioned - or I missed on purpose - is moving picks to protect a player. Las Vegas can take a pick instead of picking a player. The jets will have lots of eligible players for the expansion draft and this is one possible route.

Every team loses a player, so that can't happen. They could trade back for the player after he was taken for a pick.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He'd be perfect for many of the 30 teams 2 years 3.5 & 2.5

Actually he is probably a few years too old for the role. 3 years younger though and yes he would be perfect. The expansion team would give him a big role for a few years and they would be happy with him.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

I don't recall seeing anything like this coming out from the meetings. That they could select a teams draft picks instead.

It is likely some back room horsetrading could encourage them to select a certain player instead of another ot to not select a player.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Every team loses a player, so that can't happen. They could trade back for the player after he was taken for a pick.

This is also not confirmed. That would mean a roster of 30. A team could not lose more than one player is how Daly said it. Not that they would definitely lose 1 player. Isn't 23-25 a more likely number?

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Dreger says on 1290 that Ehlers (& Comrie, et al.) need to be protected because they have the same status as Nylander, but Nylander's been playing pro since last year.

:teach:

(One of you Twitter folks may want to tweet that to Lawless before Dreger is off the radio--don't want misinformation to pollute the airwaves.)

Peluso the Punisher

Feb 5, 2016
why are Lowry and Copp valuable?..I see nothing too impressive there..no better than Peluso and Thorburn..worse than Burmistrov and Armia..

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
So...

Wheeler, Scheifele, Little, Ehlers, Perreault, Dano, Armia/Lowry?

Buff, Trouba, Myers/Morrissey

Hellebuyck

Does Morrissey count being in the A?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
So...

Hellebuyck

perreault is currently not under contract then unless re-signed.

If Ehlers needs to be protected, then so does Morrissey. They have identical status. It's unclear if they are exempt or not.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
perreault is currently not under contract then unless re-signed.

If Ehlers needs to be protected, then so does Morrissey. They have identical status. It's unclear if they are exempt or not.

It said third year pro...but this would Morrissey's and Ehler's first year.

I think we're going to lose a few prospects guys. I'm kind of worried about this.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

I think we're going to lose a few prospects guys. I'm kind of worried about this.

If they only add 1 team, we only lose 1 player max, 2 teams and we could lose 2 players. It's not that terrible really.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

They apparently allowed to select no more than one player per team so we would only lose one of our guys. But I also agree that given to terrible terms I have no interest in expansion and if I were an owner I would be completely against it.

darkjet

Jan 11, 2013
So...

Hellebuyck

Have to protect enstrom with his nmc. So...enstrom, buff, trouba? Leaving Morrisey, Myers available. Thinking we are gonna have to see a trade so we don't lose guys for nothing

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

The confusion is the timing. The draft would be in late June Will player who have completed two pro years be exempt because they are technically still in year 2? Or will they need to be protected because they will be entering their third year? It would seem the intent is the latter meaning McDavid Eichel Ehlers etc... would all need to be protected.

Comrie is also in this boat and we can only protect 1 goalie.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
So...

Hellebuyck

Cut a deal with Perreault and sign him AFTER the expansion draft.
If the draft is in 2017, Ehlers and Comrie wouldn't have to be protected.

My question is, if we have to protect players with NTC and NMC clauses and we can only protect 3 D men.....Buff, Myers, Enstrom and Stuart all have them. Also, if it benefits the team, I sign Trouba to a modified NTC before the draft.
This is going to be a lot of BS and arguing back and forth just to let a team into another part of the desert.........
I have the solution.......move Phoenix to Las Vegas!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad