Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

spades0faces

Jun 19, 2013
not about Ladd.. but a piece of that trade...

How much will it take to turn Dano into Drouin?

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Hawks 1st + Stafford + Postma for Carle + Drouin

Can't see the Jets taking Carle as a cap dump, especially since Chevy just pinched some pennies and sent Fraser / Harrison in the Ladd deal. Winnipeg is not taking cap dumps (even though I wish we could take advantage of what that could bring).

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
What would the Jets being looking for in a return for Enstrom? Longterm solution on LD?

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Never gonna happen lol

I wouldn't give up any more than that for Drouin now though.

We probably don't need him. Ehlers + Connor as our 1st line wingers of the future and Dano + Armia/Petan/whoever as the 2nd line. Drouin would be overkill.

I wonder what prospects we might try flip for a D now...

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Hawks 1st + Stafford + Postma for Carle + Drouin

Carle really is a bridge too far for the Jets I think.

I'd love to convince myself he'd be a reasonable 2nd pairing guy and thus only slightly overpaid, but it is just too hard to overlook the fact he is owed 11M over the next two seasons.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I don't think Chevy is done yet.
When Sara Orlesky dropped the question, he bit his lip, presumably trying to conjure up a way to hide the "open for business" sign on his shirt.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't think Chevy is done yet.
When Sara Orlesky dropped the question, he bit lip, presumably trying to conjure up a way to hide the "open for business" sign on his shirt.

I'd love to see a real double down on the future now. Once you make a decisive move in that direction just keep going.

Mighty Joe Moon

Jun 5, 2011
Lockport
I'd love to see a real double down on the future now. Once you make a decisive move in that direction just keep going.

Who's left to deal? Stafford, Enstrom and Thorburn? I would love to see someone bite on Pav, but I don't see it happening. They just re-upped Buff, so do you deal Wheeler and Little then? Perreault? Part of me hopes the market sucks with a flat or falling cap and Ladd comes back because no one out there will pay him 6x6. I don't care to see the youth movement dragged out to 2024. I hope they'd be a playoff team before then.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I would think Chevy would entertain offers for Toby. See what there is and talk to Toby to see if he wants to go to a contender to play some playoff games.

Jets would be better served giving Troubs his $5.75 mill/yr (maybe more) on a longer term deal in the off-season.

If I'm a GM, neither Pavs or Hutch would interest me in the least.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I would think Chevy would entertain offers for Toby. See what there is and talk to Toby to see if he wants to go to a contender to play some playoff games.

Jets would be better served giving Troubs his $5.75 mill/yr (maybe more) on a longer term deal in the off-season.

Maybe Pardy gets moved. Enstrom won't be moved at the deadline. If they're considering it, then it's most likely an offseason move.

simcity

Apr 8, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Why? I'm not sure I would do it straight up for the Jets. Drouin is has serious character issues and really hasn't shown anything more than Dano. I'd keep Dano.

Drouin has lottery ticket potential. It's extremely rare for a top 5 draft pick to be available via trade within a few years of being drafted. Sometimes you have to take a chance, like Dallas did with Seguin and Ottawa did with Kyle Turris. Players as young and talented as Drouin don't become available very often.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I have a hard time seeing Toby dealt now at the deadline. He still has what? 2 years left? That seems like more of a draft day thing.

Depends on what team needs a puck moving d man, and whether they see Toby as a fit during a playoff run.

If he's moved for a pick and prospect, better to deal him now instead of near the draft when picks are overvalued.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Depends on what team needs a puck moving d man, and whether they see Toby as a fit during a playoff run.

If he's moved for a pick and prospect, better to deal him now instead of near the draft when picks are overvalued.

Who can take on that salary now though? Which contender? thery're all pretty cap strapped except the Ducks who are pretty flush with D men.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Who's left to deal? Stafford, Enstrom and Thorburn? I would love to see someone bite on Pav, but I don't see it happening. They just re-upped Buff, so do you deal Wheeler and Little then? Perreault? Part of me hopes the market sucks with a flat or falling cap and Ladd comes back because no one out there will pay him 6x6. I don't care to see the youth movement dragged out to 2024. I hope they'd be a playoff team before then.

Enstrom is one of the best dmen on our team. Why would you trade him ? You want to make our blueline worse ? Please explain the logic behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad