C Adam Fantilli - (2023, 3rd, CBJ) Part 2

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Can probably go play in the AHL for a little bit, no?

Missing this much time, I think it would be best for Fantilli to go on an AHL playoff run.

But we're not sure if it's allowed. A player has to be on the AHL reserve list by a certain point in the regular season in order to play in the playoffs. And the Jackets can't make the paper move to get him on the list if he's on IR?

MrCreamm

Nov 16, 2023
Scratch that. Fantilli headed home before tournament begins. Hope he's doing okay.
Purely due to the addition of Hagel, Nick Paul, and PLD. Would've been awesome to see Fantilli, Bedard, and Celebrini play with other NHL guys considering how young they are. I understand the decision but PLD in particular better actually show up and do something, simply because I think both Celebrini and Fantilli are already more fun to watch.

The Colonel

Jul 7, 2008
Purely due to the addition of Hagel, Nick Paul, and PLD. Would've been awesome to see Fantilli, Bedard, and Celebrini play with other NHL guys considering how young they are. I understand the decision but PLD in particular better actually show up and do something, simply because I think both Celebrini and Fantilli are already more fun to watch.
With all due respect I don’t believe you are correct.

Team Canada GM Rick Nash says they sent Fantilli home to “focus on the next season”- that is a strong indicator that they feel Fantilli isn’t ready coming off his severed calf injury.

Such injuries can be complicated by scar tissue that can sometimes form and reduce the ability for the athlete to use the muscle to its full extent. Such scar tissue would need to be removed through surgery.

Too early to say but it is possible that Fantilli has more road ahead of him in his recovery if he wants to play at the incredibly elite level we all believe he should be.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
With all due respect I don’t believe you are correct.

Team Canada GM Rick Nash says they sent Fantilli home to “focus on the next season”- that is a strong indicator that they feel Fantilli isn’t ready coming off his severed calf injury.

Such injuries can be complicated by scar tissue that can sometimes form and reduce the ability for the athlete to use the muscle to its full extent. Such scar tissue would need to be removed through surgery.

Too early to say but it is possible that Fantilli has more road ahead of him in his recovery if he wants to play at the incredibly elite level we all believe he should be.
Dreger on twitter:
”Both Celebrini and Fantilli were initially accepted their invite with the understanding they may not have a roster spot if more experienced players were made available. Both were also given the option to stay in Prague or return home.”

Doubt they would have flown Fantilli to Prague and practically promise him a roster spot if no others would join, if there were any questionmarks on his health.

The Colonel

Jul 7, 2008
Dreger on twitter:
”Both Celebrini and Fantilli were initially accepted their invite with the understanding they may not have a roster spot if more experienced players were made available. Both were also given the option to stay in Prague or return home.”

Doubt they would have flown Fantilli to Prague and practically promise him a roster spot if no others would join, if there were any questionmarks on his health.

It’s certainly an interesting situation. The odds that they are sending Adam Fantilli (who scored a big goal for the team last year) home because “omg Nick Paul is available!!” Seems to be negligible.

Fantilli’s injury is one where “mostly healed” and “fully healed” may have a chasm of difference when it comes to the demands and rigors of professional hockey games.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It’s certainly an interesting situation. The odds that they are sending Adam Fantilli (who scored a big goal for the team last year) home because “omg Nick Paul is available!!” Seems to be negligible.

Fantilli’s injury is one where “mostly healed” and “fully healed” may have a chasm of difference when it comes to the demands and rigors of professional hockey games.

Fantilli was back in Columbus at the end of the year and cleared to play, the Jackets didn't put him back in for games out of an abundance of caution. Fantilli spoke about it and said that his calf was fully healed, he just had some awkwardness in his stride from being in the walking boot for so long.

And that interview was weeks ago. It seems Fantilli is sent home today for the same reason Celebrini is. Nash / Canada brass went with the veterans.

It's too bad, we could have had a Fantilli - Celebrini - Bedard line.

Reactions: CBJx614

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad