Post-Game Talk: Jets forgot how to hockey tonight, lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
At what point does attendance start to become concerning? 2nd lowest attendance of the year on a Friday night game, 13240 which is only 30 more than the lowest of the year which was a Saturday afternoon game against Chicago.

The team looks much better this year and there is reason for hope yet the people are not coming back.
300 level was sparse last night. Almost nobody in the last 3 or 4 rows. But still dozens of people having their conversations right in the middle of the concourse blocking the damn flow.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Most forwards didn’t have the legs to get back, D got swamped and Dave with them..Every team that has better conditioning or younger legs is gonna give us fits..
We could also use a confidence boost against the Ducks..
It’s time to fish or cut bait..
I don't think that's what it was. Sometimes you just don't have the legs, it's weird how even an extra day off can mess with your legs.

You could see almost the entire team was skating in jello.

It was frustrating but there's a reason first game back after a road trip is often a bad game for teams.

Are we really blaming rittich? Have we gotten that used to Helles super human abilities?

Look at the goals that were scored again, those were AAA chances.

Korpisalo was excellent and we were woeful at preventing cross crease passes and it killed us.

On to the next one!

Yep don’t know why they messsed with a winning line up by adding Gagner.
You have to keep your bench engaged and ready. Gagner for AJF was so insignificant. I know we're not used to having so much nhl depth.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Yeah, I didn’t expect No Save Dave to be any good. Backups are a gamble but Rittich is not helping us at all. Few more games like this and I’m be looking at a waiver pickup.
Worst part of Rittich’s game are the rebounds. He creates so many scoring chances for the opposition. I’d almost feel better about a guy just getting beat clean rather than kicking a Gudbranson point shot into the net front scrum and into the back of our net.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Had to respond and stop. He scored on the jets before remember

A yes A red haired lass a whiskey maker and lot of confusion ahead.

He had scored on the Jets before…..when he played for the Jets, celebrated the goal and all….dude actually didn’t realize he had
scored on his own net!

I know, I watched that game ….. they don’t count own goals like in soccer

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Attendance will fluctuate year after year depending on the performance of the team the new car smell wore off years ago. Again Jets 2.0 has many more revenue streams that 1.0 could only of dreamed of. Attendance is one part of it but will not be the sole reason that the team will stay or go.

Reactions: surixon

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Oh my, flush the turd (twice to be sure) and move on. Use some spray because that one leaves the room real stinky. As long as we bounce back like we have all year after a loss it will be ok. Please don’t soil the sheets two games in a row.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Most of the team was bad but PLD killed the Jets chances with the first 2 goals that were on him. Jets never had a chance after that. That PP goal with 3 mins to go and down 4 is a perfect example of how he has been piling up empty calorie points while not being the player we need him to be. I would rather Korpisalo got a shutout than he get to pad his point totals with some garbage time points. 0 hits all game from him. Bad on the faceoff dot too like he has been for a few games. Connor's goal scoring ability also disappeared as soon as the black shadow of 80 landed on his line.

This kind of analysis is at the level we used to see about Hellebuyck when he had a bad game. Hard to take your points seriously with the verbiage you use. It's just personal at this point.

He wasn't good, nobody was good. Constantly singling out PLD is doing you a disservice given your level of good analysis of this team in the past. The team is better with Dubois right now than it is without him.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Can’t really blame one player for the loss. Jets sitting in their laurels from last blowout win against Avs. Team looked better in the 3rd . Jets + Jets fans learned can’t take any team in this league for granted this early in the season

Reactions: Jet

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I don't think that's what it was. Sometimes you just don't have the legs, it's weird how even an extra day off can mess with your legs.

You could see almost the entire team was skating in jello.

It was frustrating but there's a reason first game back after a road trip is often a bad game for teams.

Are we really blaming rittich? Have we gotten that used to Helles super human abilities?

Look at the goals that were scored again, those were AAA chances.

Korpisalo was excellent and we were woeful at preventing cross crease passes and it killed us.

On to the next one!

You have to keep your bench engaged and ready. Gagner for AJF was so insignificant. I know we're not used to having so much nhl depth.
I don’t like messing with a winning line up. These are professionals they should be able to keep themselves ready through practice and training possibly extra ice time after practice. The fact I don’t think Gagner fits the team identity which is speed in bottom 6. His main attributes being good in locker room being a good mentor does not require him to play.
Edit: I’d say minor not insignificant and at that level everything you can do with the teams being so close to give yourself an edge, playing the same winning line up, you should do.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Can’t really blame one player for the loss. Jets sitting in their laurels from last blowout win against Avs. Team looked better in the 3rd . Jets + Jets fans learned can’t take any team in this league for granted this early in the season
Especially with Laine coming back. That line with Johnny Hockey and Sillinger is going to light up a lot of teams I think.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I don’t like messing with a winning line up. These are professionals they should be able to keep themselves ready through practice and training possibly extra ice time after practice. The fact I don’t think Gagner fits the team identity which is speed in bottom 6. His main attributes being good in locker room being a good mentor does not require him to play.
I think that's extremely old school thinking. Messing with a winning lineup is only impact when it's a significant change.

I also think there's a bit of lack of understanding between practice and playing games. They are extremely different animals.

Having our depth players get real games during the season should play dividends through injuries and as the fans get tougher heading into the playoffs.

Gagner in had very little to do with our loss last night if any.

The fact that we didn't skate, lost battle all over the ice and couldn't prevent cross crease passes is what lost us this game and 10 minutes of ajf wasn't going to change that.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think that's extremely old school thinking. Messing with a winning lineup is only impact when it's a significant change.

I also think there's a bit of lack of understanding between practice and playing games. They are extremely different animals.

Having our depth players get real games during the season should play dividends through injuries and as the fans get tougher heading into the playoffs.

Gagner in had very little to do with our loss last night if any.

The fact that we didn't skate, lost battle all over the ice and couldn't prevent cross crease passes is what lost us this game and 10 minutes of ajf wasn't going to change that.
Heading to playoffs we might more enforcements through trade. Injuries happen but Apple is also coming back.

You are certainly entitled to a difference of opinion that’s what makes HF great. If everyone agreed there wouldn’t be much discussion.

Reactions: Jet

SSCBLUEJET

Jul 23, 2022
Jets were sleep walking last night.
They have to play like they are the under dog every night.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Edit: I’d say minor not insignificant and at that level everything you can do with the teams being so close to give yourself an edge, playing the same winning line up, you should do.
Don’t like messing with a winning lineup?
You expect Helly to play every night ?
In the playoffs yes. Not there yet. Please chill

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Attendance will fluctuate year after year depending on the performance of the team the new car smell wore off years ago. Again Jets 2.0 has many more revenue streams that 1.0 could only of dreamed of. Attendance is one part of it but will not be the sole reason that the team will stay or go.
The pandemic changed a lot of things. I'm not surprised at the results. First years eveyone wanted a Jets ticket. Then it becomes something you can save your money, watch on TV...The live experience isn't the thrill it was.
Christmas time people have to save some money if they want to enjoy Christmas with their families. Walkups aren't an easy sell this time of year. If the Jets make the playoffs, that's where True North makes their money, makes up for the soft losses in attendance, especially if you win a round.

If attendance stays soft though I wonder if payroll is affected. Most teams are spending to the Cap now, but there's a few down there that have lost money on the regular, and the Jets might get closer to them than the top dogs.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Bad games happen. Move on.

Subbing Ganger for Axel hardly affects the game. They’re bottom sixers and Gagner had produced more anyways. Wanna complain about changing a winning lineup? Switching goalies had the biggest effect. But our game was awful anyways. We didn’t deserve it.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Bad games happen. Move on.

Subbing Ganger for Axel hardly affects the game. They’re bottom sixers and Gagner had produced more anyways. Wanna complain about changing a winning lineup? Switching goalies had the biggest effect. But our game was awful anyways. We didn’t deserve it.
exactly

Reactions: WolfgangPuck

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I don't.

I knew this was going to come up. People get excited when he scores and I actually saw more effort from him last night than I did in the last 2 years he was here. No thanks

There's a reason I don't see his posts any more
Holy hyperbole, Batman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad