Post-Game Talk: Jets forgot how to hockey tonight, lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I went outside today and WTF the World did not end.
Relax people and all the home teams lost last night plus all the teams with the better record lost too ... believe it or not s**t happens.
Think positive ... the Jets don't have to play the bad teams in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I don't post here to be a "good" guy or to collect "likes". It's not personal. Just some here are reluctant to call out PLD (55 and 26 were getting called out last season by many posters here, and the criticism was 10x worse and more personal than anything I have said about 80). Ofcourse team is better with him than without as the alternative is Adam Lowry as 2C, that is not in question, what is in question is if his contributions at even strength are at par with what should be expected of a player in his role, his pedigree and his caphit.
Some are reluctant, but in the same vein you're too eager to.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I don't think you're posting for likes or "good guy points" but I feel your commentary on PLD has moved from objective to subjective because of your opinion of him from the summer.

Scheifele and Wheeler deserved their criticism last year. Scheifele was visibly giving no effort outside of the o-zone, Wheeler was playing way too much for the impact he was having on the ice.

I don't think you've been getting personal about PLD, I think you took his trade saga from the summer personally and it's clouding your judgment of him. He plays differently than Scheifele or Wheeler do, it doesn't look as pretty but he's still quite an effective player.

I don't have an issue with his play this season for the most part, and the things I do see that I don't like a ton aren't to the level of having to say things like "Wonder what the PLD defenders will say tonight" or saying he's playing disinterested like in Cale Breton and one shift in Columbus.

I think don't think you are correct in your assessment of my motivations towards criticizing him.

I'll admit I don't like how PLD behaved this summer (is there any Jets fan who liked it?) and if he hadn't done that he'd have a bit more slack but if he was going out there and doing well on the ice I would not be on his case.

Scheifele also supposedly wanted out this summer, as did Wheeler, yet I have had nothing but praise about those guys. I feel that PLD gets a pass from some fans that most other players on the team don't. 55 and 26 always hear it if they have a bad game, imagine if Scheifele was a -3 on the night in a game like that, the PGT thread would be full of it about him, yet some take offense to PLD being called out.

Since we are getting offtopic from the PGT discussion I've addressed the "not being objective about PLD" point in the PLD thread Player Discussion: - PLD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad