Post-Game Talk: Jets flush 2 points lose 3 -1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
We seem to be slowly reverting back to last season's BS. Perimeter play, can't bury our chances ... one bad bounce and we're done.

Effort is still there, but it's fading.

Retire Bowness#

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
As expected, the demise of the Oilers was massively premature.

McDavid and Draisatl are going to score the Oilers into a playoff spot regardless the goaltending and "AHL" defense.

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
One team could score, got goaltending and dominated the
3rd the other team was the Jets!

Did Bones think the Jets could sit on a one goal lead against the Oilers?

Slow Gus didn’t dress!

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
Jets played on their heels most of the night. They lacked the aggressive drive that they were playing with for most of the season so far. They deserved to lose tonight. Just pathetic by everyone not named Hellebuyck.

f*** the Oilers.
I think Bucky was great almost the entire game, but that tie goal let the air out of the jets and Bucky too....too bad shit happens. They were onto an effective defensive game.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
How do you not have a centre on 4th line? Not sure what was up with Gus, but if it boils down to Coach’s decision…I like Bones, but he can leave and tend to his wife. Critical face-off late and you do not have a real centre man to take the draw. (Not like our “real” centres were world beaters) That’s the shift where Volare takes the penalty after he loses the draw.

I feel like 🤮

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Anyone get a good look at the Villardi penalty?
Yeah I was sitting right there, sticks tied up and mcdavid let go. Tweeet

Highlight of the night, I got a doggie kiss from Duke the superstar puck dropping support dog. Absolutely sweet and gentle dog
20231130_183642.jpg

He's a GUD BOI

Last edited:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Hellebuyck kept us in this game…until he didn’t.
I agree with those who say that we’re looking reactive. We don’t win games unless we’re always pressing.
I thought Ehlers looked great up on the first line, at least in the first two periods. He created a lot of chances and just missed on several plays.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Wow, loss to the Coilers at home and it’s a 4 page PGT, sure a lot different around here now compared to 9-10 years ago or even 5 years ago, interest in the Jets has really sagged post Covid!:(

Reactions: GNP

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
Shit coaching. Pretty much all lines caved in all game and no adjustments.
How come with 6:48 left in the game the score was 1 to 0 for the jets.....i don't think you like defensive games.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012

This is matches my eye test. Got caved in all night against the big dogs.

Caved in from the start , helly was amazing until last 5 mins but they fell asleep on the pk. Attention to detail is lacking. This is concerning.
Cant even tank for Bedard this year

How come with 6:48 left in the game the score was 1 to 0 for the jets.....i don't think you like defensive games.
It was because of sheer luck and helly standing on his head. They got what they deserved save for Kyle Connor having a few good chances it was an easy win for Mcoilers

Reactions: Cypruss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad