Post-Game Talk: Jets flush 2 points lose 3 -1

Status
Not open for further replies.

None

Feb 22, 2012
So was Gus hurt/sick? I wasn't paying attention pre-game. Not really sure why he was taken out over AJF. I expect that it's probably a speed thing but Gus is just straight up the better player and should've been in assuming he was healthy.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
We don't have the spark we had earlier - slow out of the gate and there doesn't seem to much of a system out there.
And we are a mess in our end - McD ran us over and did as he pleased.

Put Vilardi back on the first line and put the rest of the lines back together - the guys need to settle in with linemates.
Bones needs to let the guys work through the rough patches and leave the lines alone - but he knows that we'll be in tough unless he can get 55/81 going.

I hope this is just a mini slump and the guys can get back on their feet. They are not playing the same game they were a week or so ago and the swagger is gone.

None

Feb 22, 2012

Feels like a misdirection. Even on lost faceoffs the Jets were still getting the puck quite a bit. I remember one specific faceoff that Ehlers had to take because Scheifele got waved out. Ehlers gets interfered with immediately off the draw by Draisaitl after chipping it forward. Scheifele retrieves the puck anyways.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
What did we learn tonight? Only scoring one goal and taking stupid penalties do not win hockey games. I give this game one toilet flush out of five...

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Chicago BlackSox, I mean Blackhawks, has been posted for your guesses. Thanks again to @SUX2BU for the terrific commercially successful GDT! I'll never look at foot fungus the same way again! That reminds me, don't forget to sign up to create your very own GDT! You can be as creative as you want to be, as @SUX2BU has shown. Give it a try! Good night everyone and see you Saturday afternoon...

giphy.gif

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Could only watch sparingly.... . Edmonton seemed to be getting majority of the opportunities. That first goal though... Super soft on Helle.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Sucked doubly worse in person!

It seemed the puck was in the Jets end the whole game. McDufuss played every second shift!

could not win a face off if there lives depended on it

Helleboi caught napping at the worst time.

Team looks gased since Bines returns, why?

1 out of 5 John Mcleans ala Hans Gruber

1701404119658.gif

Now on to Bedard and co…

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Garbage effort front to back. If not for Helle we get shitkicked tonight.

Going to give the coach a giant F for his performance tonight. He tinkered with the lines of a team that was playing good hockey and it blew up in his face with no lines looking at all organized. Instead of switching back he stubbornly leaves the lines as is and watches them all get caved in.

Also in what universe when you need a goal is it acceptable coaching to leave the teams second leading goal scorer on the bench until 25 seconds left in the game (when it's far to late to make a difference). Instead let's put out a rusty as all hell player who had the added bonus of committing the infraction late that led to us trailing. Sorry but that is just absolute garbage coaching and someone in the media needs to grill him on it.

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Feels like a misdirection. Even on lost faceoffs the Jets were still getting the puck quite a bit. I remember one specific faceoff that Ehlers had to take because Scheifele got waved out. Ehlers gets interfered with immediately off the draw by Draisaitl after chipping it forward. Scheifele retrieves the puck anyways.

Yep. If you watched that game and your first thought was that you sucked because of "faceoffs" then I don't know what to say. Hopefully he is just putting on that front for the media.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Garbage effort front to back. Of not for Helle we get shitkicked tonight.

Going to give the coach a giant F for his performance tonight. He tinkered with the lines of a team that was playing good hockey and it blew up in his face with no lines looking at all organized. Instead of switching back he stubbornly leaves the lines as is and watches them all get caved in.

Aldo in what universe when you need a goal is it acceptable coaching to leave the teams second leading goal scorer on the bench until 25 seconds left in the game (when it's far to late to make a difference). Instead let's put out a rusty as all hell player who had the added bonus of committing the infraction late that led to us trailing. Sorry but that is juat absolute garbage coaching and someone in the media needs to grill him on it.
They won't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad