Jets fans around the world - introduce yourselves!

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Our Air Forces have Hornets as our 1st liners, though, so we find the Jets logo very approvable.

The greatest fighter plane ever made is Brewster 239, though, obviously. Like many other things starting with 2 and ending with 9, they first said it's useless and kind of ugly, and then they shut up.

...note to self don't post at 3:22 in the morning when you have insomnia :laugh::laugh:

No worries. I've concluded that same too. :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, if suffering from insomnia it's indeed recommended to study about Finnish Air Forces, Brewster F2A-1 Buffalo Model B-239 (export), FAF Airframe BW-364, and Lentolaivue 24 (Flight Squadron 24). Everything didn't go totally wrong with undervalued and obsolete scrap metal-grade deliveries over seas. From perspective of Jets' Finnish Squadron it can tell some kind of allegoric background story about the unit. ;)

It would not take too much time or photoshopping skills to make adequate adjustments to Jets logo if using FAF logo insignia either. ;)

100px-Finnish_air_force_roundel_border.svg.png

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
From perspective of Jets' Finnish Squadron it can tell some kind of allegoric background story about the unit. ;)

Like... getting shot down in the 2nd period but returning two days later for the third to ask where's your rye bread? :laugh:

mgxu

Nov 26, 2016
North Carolina
Hello, I'm mgxu.

I'm a younger person originally from Atlanta who moved to Charlotte.

Obviously, the Thrashers used to be in Atlanta until they were forced out.

I went to a few games as a really young boy and don't remember anything.

I got SUPER into hockey in last month and year. I have decided for a while now that I would be a Jets fan because of the franchise history and here I am.

I am new to hockey but, I am still learning a lot. The names on Jets I now so far are Wheeler, Laine, Scheifele, Ehler and I forget the goalies name. I know we have been struggling with a tremendous amount of injuries and we have a lot of "call-ups".

But, I am loyal to the end it does help if we win a few though right?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hello, I'm mgxu.

I got SUPER into hockey in last month and year. I have decided for a while now that I would be a Jets fan because of the franchise history and here I am.

I am new to hockey but, I am still learning a lot. The names on Jets I now so far are Wheeler, Laine, Scheifele, Ehler and I forget the goalies name. I know we have been struggling with a tremendous amount of injuries and we have a lot of "call-ups".

Welcome! You'll find a pretty friendly and helpful group here (most of the time :laugh: ). You are coming at a good time. The team is near rock bottom but with a bright future which should start paying off with a few wins very soon now. :) Team loyalty will be respected.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Hello, I'm mgxu.

Welcome! You'll learn a lot just by reading here. It's frustrating being a fan at the moment but sonn we'll be on the up again and success will be sweet.

mgxu

Nov 26, 2016
North Carolina
Welcome! You'll learn a lot just by reading here. It's frustrating being a fan at the moment but sonn we'll be on the up again and success will be sweet.

Welcome! You'll find a pretty friendly and helpful group here (most of the time :laugh: ). You are coming at a good time. The team is near rock bottom but with a bright future which should start paying off with a few wins very soon now. :) Team loyalty will be respected.

Thanks so much for the welcome :) I'll be here to stay :popcorn:

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina
I

Am

RunDown78

Living currently near Raleigh , NC , but couldn't care less about the Hurricanes. Don't want to go into detail why , but they suck.

Moved to US a bit over 5 years ago from Finland , so there's that. Because of a woman , of course. She couldn't take the Finnish winter , so we moved here.

I really started to follow the Jets after Armia was traded there , he was the main reason. And now we have Laine there too , so it's just getting better. We need even more Finns in our team , that would be great lol

Time to start winning Jets!

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
Hello, a Finnish fan here.

In Finland I support Tappara which is why I kept watching Laine after he was drafted into Winnipeg.

Additionally, between ages of ~6 and ~14 I played hockey myself in a junior team of Tappara called Winnipeg so there's another connection why I like following the team.

The school I went to in Tampere was less than a kilometer away from Hakametsä arena so I spent quite a bit time hanging around the place. Back in those days a ticket to Tappara game might cost about 10 FIM ($2) for juniors of the team. They were not best seats, but usually nobody minded kids just sitting down on whatever free spots we found.

I started watching hockey again only recently (with advancement of online streaming).

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

In Finland I support Tappara which is why I kept watching Laine after he was drafted into Winnipeg.

Additionally, between ages of ~6 and ~14 I played hockey myself in a junior team of Tappara called Winnipeg so there's another connection why I like following the team.

The school I went to in Tampere was less than a kilometer away from Hakametsä arena so I spent quite a bit time hanging around the place. Back in those days a ticket to Tappara game might cost about 10 FIM ($2) for juniors of the team. They were not best seats, but usually nobody minded kids just sitting down on whatever free spots we found.

I started watching hockey again only recently (with advancement of online streaming).

Wait - there was a team called Winnipeg? "The Winnipegs" or just "Winnipeg"? That's an interesting choice for a team name...

And welcome, btw.

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
Wait - there was a team called Winnipeg? "The Winnipegs" or just "Winnipeg"? That's an interesting choice for a team name...

And welcome, btw.

I believe the junior teams within Tappara were pretty much named after cities with NHL franchises, although the only two I remember being there was Winnipeg and Buffalo. I suppose the complete name might have been "Tappara Winnipeg H" or something similar. Still, no "The" or plural form there.

Eskimo Callboy

Mar 1, 2013
I have been a lurker as well for some years and hardly ever posted. became a fan when you moved back to winnipeg and experienced your passion for your team.

hello from europe, this time around form switzerland :D

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I

Am

RunDown78

Living currently near Raleigh , NC , but couldn't care less about the Hurricanes. Don't want to go into detail why , but they suck.

Moved to US a bit over 5 years ago from Finland , so there's that. Because of a woman , of course. She couldn't take the Finnish winter , so we moved here.

I really started to follow the Jets after Armia was traded there , he was the main reason. And now we have Laine there too , so it's just getting better. We need even more Finns in our team , that would be great lol

Time to start winning Jets!

Welcome RunDown....the more the merrier. Armia was having a great season until the injury I sure hope he picks up where he left off.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Welcome aboard Calendal thank you and Tappara for Laine!

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I have been a lurker as well for some years and hardly ever posted. became a fan when you moved back to winnipeg and experienced your passion for your team.

hello from europe, this time around form switzerland :D

Welcome that is a classic AI Avy

gearmex

Dec 28, 2016
Finland
New Jets fan from Finland (Actually Tappara fan which is Patrick Laines home team) i'm really a Kings fan and could not think i could follow another team but this season i have watched every Jets game live from TV (been hard sometimes 2-3am on workdays but hey, gotta suffer for your enjoyment) my fave Jets players Big Buff and Patrick Laine offcourse, i like bit Morrissey also but everyone is great, its gonna be a great team in the future!

Electric Blue

Dec 7, 2016
Hi all.

I've been lurking the forums regarding my favourite Finnish players Aho, Barkov and Laine for a while now and decided to make an account in case I get drunk and feel like posting.

Jets forums have given me the most reasons to lurk due to Laines impressive start of the season, though Aho has been amazing as well. Barkov had something of a slump early on, but he's been better as of late (although now he's injured). Too bad for the upcoming Jets - Panthers showdown!

In addition to Laine my favourite Jets are Big Buff, Armia and Scheifele. Big Buff because he's cool, good and rarely smiling, Armia because he's Finnish and good, Scheifele because he has pretty eyes. Ehlers is good too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad