Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks | 4-2 (Juulsen, Myers) | Wherefore art thou, PP?

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Fo some odd reason when they traded Horvat, theyjust stopped using the bumper setup.

It works. It was working because it's a great play that's hard to stop. They have multiple players who can shoot as well or better than Horvat.

This wall passing, fancy line shit that doesn't end up going anywhere but into shinpads is just so ineffective.
To be fair it worked,
however the rest of league will catch up to the tactic pretty quickly as we can all see.
The NHL is the best league in the world for a good reason, we gotta adapt and switch our plans if we want success in the future.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
To be fair it worked,
however the rest of league will catch up to the tactic pretty quickly as we can all see.
The NHL is the best league in the world for a good reason, we gotta adapt and switch our plans if we want success in the future.

Which is why we need to have more than one PP strategy. Change it up mid game when it’s not working.

Reactions: Wry n Ginger

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Juulsen went from hero to goat in one 2 minute stretch in the 3rd ..
Top 6 scoring mia, PP dormant, demko shoulda had the 1st goal…otherwise carried the play nicely

Reactions: M2Beezy

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Need another top 6 player, Suter is more suited for the bottom six.

I understand this game was incredibly frustrating and I’m pissed off as well but it’s one bad game .

The entire team isn’t playing and we are 0 for 18 on the power play so everyone needs to get better .

We have no assets left to trade for a top 6 forward unless we really wanna mortgage the future but we need to play better with what we have and losing Joshua is clearly really hurting this team

Reactions: Kickassguy

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
I understand this game was incredibly frustrating and I’m pissed off as well but it’s one bad game .

The entire team isn’t playing and we are 0 for 18 on the power play so everyone needs to get better .

We have no assets left to trade for a top 6 forward unless we really wanna mortgage the future but we need to play better with what we have and losing Joshua is clearly really hurting this team
It ain't one bad game

Reactions: B-rock

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Been talking about it for months and catching a lot of flak from people here.

Our star players are not built for the playoffs. Only Miller is. They’re to soft and fancy. EP, Hughes and BB in particular.

Surrounding your best players with grit isn’t the same as having good gritty players.

EP is not a player you can win a cup with if he’s your star player. Absolutely cannot pay him more than 10M.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Missed the Boston game?

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Been talking about it for months and catching a lot of flak from people here.

Our star players are not built for the playoffs. Only Miller is. They’re to soft and fancy. EP, Hughes and BB in particular.

Surrounding your best players with grit isn’t the same as having good gritty players.

EP is not a player you can win a cup with if he’s your star player. Absolutely cannot pay him more than 10M.
EP was extremely good in the bubble playoffs

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Thought Juulsen and Myers played a fantastic 40 minutes but then we just chased.

PDG, Mikheyev looked really good to me. Their best games of the season by a long shot and a good sign. Mikheyev’s had some steady progression here post-ASB

That Miller line was good defensively and had some nice sustained shifts

Pettersson with another meh game. Not a good stretch for a while here

PP’s so bad. Most obvious fix to me would be to put Miller back on the half wall. Need to get Pettersson skating and confident with the puck on his stick on the PP.

Anyways, whistle was bad for 40 minutes but the whistle was put away in the third and we were tied 2-2. It was a clean slate and we dominated and then gave up the same goal twice on break downs. Result doesn’t really matter.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I enjoyed the game tonight. i love that the intensity was there. Regular season game in the middle of a tough stretch of games against a solid team. Defensemen got caught chasing hits a couple times.

On to the next one. It is a quick turn around.

As far as the powerplay goes, hopefully the guys can get some proper practice in after this next road swing.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
What a surprise, no shows against top teams once again
This is a pretty bad take. Now if you amend that statement to only include our star players, I think that's a fair assessment.

Intense game. Horrible officiating.

Jets size is a problem and we need an answer

I think I'd argue trying to address this problem was the reason we lost tonight actually. They don't need to play like a big team to win.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Pdg has not added much when in the lineup

Time to sit him down and give Bains a shot

Suter blew alot of chances

Both call on Hogs were terrible

Reactions: B-rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad