roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Looks like I missed a great game

I watched multiple highlights...some amazing goals by Ehlers

My vilardi crush continues. So happy he got a goal

Jets have pushback - hope Bones is happy about that now

12-6 better balance deployment wise? Hopefully we don't see 11-7 again just seems to mess with the chemistry and flow a bit

Iafallo is still good defensively

2-0 continues to be the worst lead in hockey...

If we can figure out our power play.... look out

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Just went and re-watched the highlights. Man I love watching Ehlers when he is flying. Just so exciting to watch.
Ehlers is one of the fastest wingers in the "world", and to go with that, he has an incredible shot, and very accurate. I think for a long period of time he was misused by previous coaches. The only drawback I can see with Ehlers ( good sometimes) is he plays off total emotion. If his emotions are not right, he can disappear. For instance, his mom and sister were in Winnipeg about 10 -12 days ago, and he came to life and was fantastic. He's not the type of player that can put negative emotions behind him completely, and play to his full potential. Maybe Nik will find a Winnipeg sweetheart that will lift his spirits permanently. He's a HUGE talent when he's on.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Glad to hear you enjoyed the game at Staples Center*!

I love the organ there and the fact there always seems to be a haze hanging in the air for no reason. Great fans too.

Most expensive arena for beers I've ever been to though. $16.50 US for a can of Keith's...wowsers...

Next time you go to California, you owe it to yourself to see a Sharks game in San Jose because that is a great place to see a game. Maybe wait until the Sharks are a bit better?

Oh yeah and I agree that the Ducks arena just flat out sucks.
Interesting - I actually prefer the Ducks arena over the Kings arena. Perhaps it's because I've only been to the LA Crypto arena a few times as compared to the Honda Center. Or maybe because the Honda Center feels a bit more like a larger version of the MTS Center.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It just might be me but it really seems like this Jets team is really becoming a tight group, i don't remember seeing them talk to each other on the ice before faceoffs like they have this season. Just looks like they are a tighter team than in the previous few seasons. Also Bowness get yourself a slurpee before games if you like 7-11 so much then you might not play 7-11 anymore.:laugh:

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I'm a Habs fan but have followed Gabe's career quite closely - have always rooted for his health and success.

Went to bed early last night, and I gotta say waking up to this Boxscore and highlight package, I was absolutely giddy! What a game for Gabe and the Jets...what a lovely time for the inevitable Vilardi breakout game! Enjoy and hope you guys keep rolling!

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Oh my God

What a game!

Nik with two goals and Volare with a packet of points

Coelacanth of the game

#13 gabe vilardi

gabriel-vilardi-2024-6378.jpg

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't think PLD really cares about hockey. Which is fine, lots of people don't. But giving him a long term well paid contract probably killed whatever motivation he ever had. And he's just such a useless player out there when he doesn't work his tail off.

It’s been a terrible year for me being able to watch any hockey. Haven’t seen a game since mid November Forgot we had a game last night.

However

When I woke up I had a smile on my face after I checked in here because we got the win against a tough team on the road, and we dont have to deal with PLD or Laine anymore. Notwithstanding their talent, they are both head cases, and drama seems to follow them.

Good riddance

GJG

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Planned to take a nap prior, didn't work out as the boss was putting decorations on the second Christmas tree. Bad form to not participate.

Then between the nagging cold and the lingering effects of Mexico, just didn't have the energy to stay up even for the first period.

Great read in the PGT. Really happy for Vilardi. Nice outcome for a west coast swing.

I'll be at three of the next four so hope the boys keep it up. Have a Saturday and Friday game in that mix so hoping the crowd shows the boys some love and vice versa.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Got up early and watched the game before I hit the road off the PVR...

Amazing adjustments by the Jets after the 1st period...

Great team defense and patience with the way LA plays...

Vilardi showing the player he is...

Schmidt after his timeout of games playing the puck and game more sensibly... looked good...

Ehlers being the player we all thought he should be...

Great win for the Jets...

Did Dubois play.... ?

:laugh:

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Looks like I missed a great game

I watched multiple highlights...some amazing goals by Ehlers

My vilardi crush continues. So happy he got a goal

Jets have pushback - hope Bones is happy about that now

12-6 better balance deployment wise? Hopefully we don't see 11-7 again just seems to mess with the chemistry and flow a bit

Iafallo is still good defensively

2-0 continues to be the worst lead in hockey...

If we can figure out our power play.... look out
I wasn't going to watch as I was trying to get to bed early. Down two nothing I was proud of my decision. But then...

Attachments

• 89cayq.jpg
    89cayq.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 3

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Went to bed after it was 2-0 (damn work haha) and woke up surprised we won. Just finished watching the game. Amazing how fast it goes when you don't have to listen to Sawyer interviews or watch MPI commercials.

I'll be honest that I feel bad for Kings fans. I hoped the trade would be a win win for both franchises, but PLD is still the same inconsistent player he was here and in Columbus.

How weird that 2016 draft was in hindsight: out of the top 4 players selected, you have 3 pretty meh players.

Right now, Vilardi >>> PLD. Throw in Iaffalo and Kupari and I would say we did well.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Went to bed after it was 2-0 (damn work haha) and woke up surprised we won. Just finished watching the game. Amazing how fast it goes when you don't have to listen to Sawyer interviews or watch MPI commercials.

I'll be honest that I feel bad for Kings fans. I hoped the trade would be a win win for both franchises, but PLD is still the same inconsistent player he was here and in Columbus.

How weird that 2016 draft was in hindsight: out of the top 4 players selected, you have 3 pretty meh players.

Right now, Vilardi >>> PLD. Throw in Iaffalo and Kupari and I would say we did well.

Yeah I was looking at the draft a few days ago as well. What what from an insanely talented draft to those guys being meh.
I remember Phoenix at the time reaching a bit with Keller as their GM was using 'fancy stats'. Looks like it was a pretty good pick there.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013

Didn't Jets get a 2nd draft pick (yet to come) too?

Nov 24, 2006
Don't mean to sh*t on the guy, but he's now on his third team, and you can pretty much see that PLD is simply PLD.

It's not coaching, it's not linemates, it's not the city he's living in. He's just not all in every shift and every game. We saw it in Columbus, Winnipeg, and now LA.

This man is not an $8.5 million player or someone you build around IMO.

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016
I had to go over to the kings board to read what they were saying about the vilardi trade and the guy they got back. Ouch, they are feeling the burn felt by ourselves and others in the past. Well done chevy. That lottery pick for #29 has been a bit of a curse in that both players we had are not looking so great right now. We now have the 11th pick from 2017 which is about where we would have been in 2016 without the lottery. Add the other pieces in the trade and I will take it and wish #80, #29 and their teams the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad