Post-Game Talk: Jets crown Kings win 5-2

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I remember Max The Silent on Twitter wondering if anyone would notice if you took Branden Tanev's stick out of his hands. PLD is the complete opposite of that.

lol

Neither are an Adam Lowry either.

When Lowry finds himself without a stick, he plays soccer with the puck until he grabs a stick from the bench, and then makes an excellent pass for an eventual goal :laugh:

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Maybe a sweetheart that likes hockey and bitches about her thesis all the time?
I hear she's available and Ehlers is making millions.
For the record, THIS sweetheart has not mentioned her thesis even once in here for the past few months.

As for being available, I fly out next Tuesday afternoon so I'm going to have to waive my chance with him. Then again, my past two dates were both pretty ho-hum guys...

FWIW, his millions don't matter anywhere near as much as what sort of guy he is. He does seem like a nice, shy kind of man. Or maybe I'm just biased because of the obnoxious NHL players who have hit on me. I see Ehlers is a year older than me, 4 inches taller than me, and has a lovely, boyish smile. So there's that.

Plus I think everyone likes to eat a Danish now and then.

GeorgeJETson

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
For the record, THIS sweetheart has not mentioned her thesis even once in here for the past few months.

As for being available, I fly out next Tuesday afternoon so I'm going to have to waive my chance with him. Then again, my past two dates were both pretty ho-hum guys...

FWIW, his millions don't matter anywhere near as much as what sort of guy he is. He does seem like a nice, shy kind of man. Or maybe I'm just biased because of the obnoxious NHL players who have hit on me. I see Ehlers is a year older than me, 4 inches taller than me, and has a lovely, boyish smile. So there's that.

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't mind hearing a high level summary of what your thesis is about (considering how nerdy I am) :laugh:

However, now I wonder how often hitting on a woman actually works. I guess it does depend on both the hitter and hittee.

I never had much success when I was younger (not that I tried much mind you). I was quite the shy type back then, and having a general lack of confidence didn't exactly help matters. But I digress...

Oh, and I'm not going anywhere near commenting on that last line.... :laugh:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Ya i feel your pain, while out in LA i had girls hitting on me like crazy, it's tough. :naughty::laugh:

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't mind hearing a high level summary of what your thesis is about (considering how nerdy I am) :laugh:

However, now I wonder how often hitting on a woman actually works. I guess it does depend on both the hitter and hittee.

I never had much success when I was younger (not that I tried much mind you). I was quite the shy type back then, and having a general lack of confidence didn't exactly help matters. But I digress...

Oh, and I'm not going anywhere near commenting on that last line.... :laugh:
Yeah, that closing line was maybe over the top but I was laughing too much to censor myself. Besides, I love taking the wind out of Stumbly's sails (and I think the old goat enjoys it too).

My thesis details will have to remain shrouded in deep, dark mystery (not unlike my writing, according to my advisor's complaints). Summarizing my work would make it too easy to identify me, which probably sounds ironic coming from someone who overshares as much as I do.

How often does hitting on a woman work? As you said, it depends on the woman and how you define "hitting on". Using tired and trite lines never works; girls do talk to each other and exchange the worst ones. ("If you're free tonight, I'd love to buy you breakfast." "I lost my teddy bear, will you sleep with me?" "Did it hurt when you fell from Heaven?") On the other hand, a direct and sincere suggestion of sex will be effective if she's in the mood -- and no, I don't mean desperate. Generally speaking, nobody wants to be hit on while at work.

Like many front-serving gigs, my income depends on tips and that depends on not pissing off the customer, even if they are obnoxious. I generally swallow my response and just smile and shake my head a little and walk away, acting just a little wistful. Sometimes I fire back if I think his ego can take it and, like NHL players, he's unlikely to come back soon anyway. For example, one arrogant wonder announced his team name. The conversation consisted of: "Hi, I play for the [team name]." I replied, "Oh, that's so sad. Perhaps a nice drink will cheer you up?"

His two buddies burst out laughing and clapped him on the back while he sat there chuckling ruefully and shaking his head, but grinning widely. The three of them had a quiet round (one beer, two brandies) and left soon after, leaving three $20 on the bar. When the team returns in February, I will have long since "retired" from bartending.

Bottom line, talking to a woman with courtesy and sincerity, listening to what she says, and thinking with the big head instead of the little head will probably get you more success than hitting on her. Everyone defines success in their own way, of course. And to state the obvious, I don't speak for anyone except myself.

Time to head home and clean myself up.

GeorgeJETson

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Yeah, that closing line was maybe over the top but I was laughing too much to censor myself. Besides, I love taking the wind out of Stumbly's sails (and I think the old goat enjoys it too).

My thesis details will have to remain shrouded in deep, dark mystery (not unlike my writing, according to my advisor's complaints). Summarizing my work would make it too easy to identify me, which probably sounds ironic coming from someone who overshares as much as I do.

How often does hitting on a woman work? As you said, it depends on the woman and how you define "hitting on". Using tired and trite lines never works; girls do talk to each other and exchange the worst ones. ("If you're free tonight, I'd love to buy you breakfast." "I lost my teddy bear, will you sleep with me?" "Did it hurt when you fell from Heaven?") On the other hand, a direct and sincere suggestion of sex will be effective if she's in the mood -- and no, I don't mean desperate. Generally speaking, nobody wants to be hit on while at work.

Like many front-serving gigs, my income depends on tips and that depends on not pissing off the customer, even if they are obnoxious. I generally swallow my response and just smile and shake my head a little and walk away, acting just a little wistful. Sometimes I fire back if I think his ego can take it and, like NHL players, he's unlikely to come back soon anyway. For example, one arrogant wonder announced his team name. The conversation consisted of: "Hi, I play for the [team name]." I replied, "Oh, that's so sad. Perhaps a nice drink will cheer you up?"

His two buddies burst out laughing and clapped him on the back while he sat there chuckling ruefully and shaking his head, but grinning widely. The three of them had a quiet round (one beer, two brandies) and left soon after, leaving three $20 on the bar. When the team returns in February, I will have long since "retired" from bartending.

Bottom line, talking to a woman with courtesy and sincerity, listening to what she says, and thinking with the big head instead of the little head will probably get you more success that hitting on her. Everyone defines success in their own way, of course. And to state the obvious, I don't speak for anyone except myself.

Time to head home and clean myself up.

Re: thesis - totally understand. Protecting yourself like that should be the first priority. Irregardless, hopefully you do wind up knocking it out of the park, so to speak. :cheers:

Regarding that last line, hahaha
d0dbf13c-3604-48ec-acc2-4648ef48b6d9_text.gif

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
And i found our new PP coach , little young but what a coach.:laugh:

^^^

That is us and our kid doing Uni admissions in the crazy UK system

Happy hols all! May the Jets' hearts all grow two sizes (safely, nothing hypertrophic) all the way to a division banner -- and beyond.

Have missed the games and the community but will hopefully catch a few when things slow down a bit here shortly.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Seriously, Chevy getting Vilardi , Iafallo , Kupari and a 2nd round pick for a guy who didn't even want to be here has to be one of Chevy's best trades in 12 years . Then add in Neo, Namestnikov and Brossoit,Chevy has to definitely be up for GM of the year.
I would vote yes for Chevy being the best GM of the year, no doubt about it. He seems to get out of very tight situations, and come out smelling like a rose. That return for the "never happy" PLD was great.

Oh yeah, and a happy belated 34 th birthday greeting to one of our star posters @Jets31. Hope your getting in some nice golf down in LA. You need a break. :)

Last edited:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I would vote yes for Chevy being the best GM of the year, no doubt about it. He seems to get out of very tight situations, and come out smelling like a rose. That return for the "never happy" PLD was great.

Oh yeah, and a happy bellated 34 th birthday greeting to one of our star posters @Jets31. Hope your getting in some nice golf down in LA. You need a break. :)
34? By jaysus that was a long time ago. I was not drunk the full year though. Not sure if that was good or bad. Belated birthday greetings @Jets 31

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
This team seems pretty resilient, which is nice.
We can't expect the top line to be that dominant every night but it's nice when they can pull that out every once in a while. The depth scoring will need to kickback in to survive in the long haul but it's always fun when your top stars shine so bright.

Nate has been noticeably good since returning, you always want to cheer for his success.
Pionk seems so much steadier this season but I don't look at the fancy stats so maybe I'm projecting that on him.

With the Connor injury I wondered if there was a more skilled player on the Moose to look at than Fjalby. Fabio is a hard worker and brings that speed that we are missing from Kupari but over an 8-week stretch (or however long Connor is out) we may need to inject a different soldier into the line up from time to time.

When the time comes to shuffle the top 6 I would like to see Perfetti with Scheifele for some games.
But for now let the hot hand roll and hope the 2nd line can jump back on the scoring train.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3