Post-Game Talk: Jets crown Kings win 5-2

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I wouldn't have noticed that Dubois was out there except for the "penalty" he drew in the 2nd. I know he scored in the return to Winnipeg but I think Vilardi's game was much more impactful tonight than Dubois was here in October.

Very good 2nd and 3rd period compared to the 1st. They gave a lot of effort in the 3rd especially to defend that lead.
Maybe If the fans would have just keep their mouth shut instead of booing PLD ... he would have just slept through the game.
I just don't understand why fans do that ... boo players. It pumps up the player and the opposing team and the majority of the time the player has the last laugh by scoring or his team winning the game.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Jets showed a lot of heart and grit coming back from a 2-0 deficit, to the # 1 rated defensive team in the NHL. Ehlers had a great game, and got that 1st line fired up, and it was nice to see Villardi score 4 points against his old team.

The 2nd line is a concern ? -- maybe they should put Nino on that 2nd line, and I think he will give it life and veteran leadership for a young guy like Cole. Cole cannot carry that line by himself.

Well done Jets -- great road trip, taking 3 of 4 games, and 2 were against top clubs like Colorado and LA. Very impressive.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Perused the HFKings GDT after the game, and this post was the pick of the litter.... too bad for Kings fans that PLD has shat the bed so badly there. After dealing with months of Habs fans' shit in PLD main boards threads, I was legitimately hoping that both teams would benefit from the trade because LA fans were so reasonable (especially this guy)

1000022668.jpg

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I don't think PLD really cares about hockey. Which is fine, lots of people don't. But giving him a long term well paid contract probably killed whatever motivation he ever had. And he's just such a useless player out there when he doesn't work his tail off.
It appears warm weather, and sandy beaches 365 days a year is not the cure for sloth-like behaviour. Perhaps LA's many coveted night spots, lack of any notable media pressure, relative anonymity as a player, and immediate access to all of the social sins one could ever imagine grasping within a whisker's reach if desired, will really help him focus.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Jets showed a lot of heart and grit coming back from a 2-0 deficit, to the # 1 rated defensive team in the NHL. Ehlers had a great game, and got that 1st line fired up, and it was nice to see Villardi score 4 points against his old team.

The 2nd line is a concern ? -- maybe they should put Nino on that 2nd line, and I think he will give it life and veteran leadership for a young guy like Cole. Cole cannot carry that line by himself.

Well done Jets -- great road trip, taking 3 of 4 games, and 2 were against top clubs like Colorado and LA. Very impressive.
Yeah. The first line won't stay hot forever and someone else is going to need to step up. And if this line keeps playing like this what happens when Connor comes back? I guess vilardi will get the bump.

Reactions: hn777 and GNP

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017
outstanding win, great road trip, horrible reffing, we held them to what like 4 shots in the 3rd while we were on a b2b?

during 12:58 of 5-on-5 play in the 3rd period, the Kings had:
5 shot attempts (Corsi)
3 unblocked shots (Fenwick)
1 shot on goal
0 high-danger shot attempts (HDCF)
0.08 xGF
15.35 xGF% (Jets had 0.44 xGF and 84.65 xGF%)

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Bones slow played all of us... good on him

Samberg had a monster game, jomo always does and all the D have bought in

Jets got stronger on a back to back - I've never seen that

Top line is better without KFC... ??

Powerplay needs work

Without lucky bounces that was a shutout

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Yeah. The first line won't stay hot forever and someone else is going to need to step up. And if this line keeps playing like this what happens when Connor comes back? I guess vilardi will get the bump.
Lowry’s line also wins their match ups. Perfetti names and Kc would be sick. Best passer to best finisher. Names is good enough defensively to compensate for kc as long as weaker match ups and kc continues earlier improved efforts.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Took a nap before the game and it paid off, as I stayed awake for the whole match! Glad I did as it was a beauty! Sure, we didn't start off so good, but five straight goals ain't too shabby! Pushback seems to be the word of the year for these Jets! I give this game four Burger Kings out of five...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Colorado Avalanche has been posted and ready for your guesses. Don't forget to sign up to create a GDT, you'll be helping @macmaroon out...

giphy.gif

See you all on Saturday, at least it is an early start (6:00pm). Good night...

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad