Post-Game Talk: Jets crown Kings win 5-2

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
After the watching 1st period. Thought it might be a duh like the Sharks game. Jets come back and was super competitive and glad I watched the entire game. Really happy with the effort. Lots been said about PLD trade but I’ll add that it great to see effort every night.

Reactions: Jets 31

Bladerunner62

Mar 16, 2022
I wouldn't have noticed that Dubois was out there except for the "penalty" he drew in the 2nd. I know he scored in the return to Winnipeg but I think Vilardi's game was much more impactful tonight than Dubois was here in October.

Very good 2nd and 3rd period compared to the 1st. They gave a lot of effort in the 3rd especially to defend that lead.
On 55's 1st goal, watch PLD shift. his stick broke then he looked like he was out public skating, reminiscent of the Columbus shift.

TommyKillian

Dec 12, 2013
Pionk is having such a redemption year.
Agreed 100%. It's been great to see. Honestly, he really stepped up after Morrissey got hurt in the playoffs last year. I wonder if he needed that to remind himself he can be a strong player in this league.

Just taking a quick look at his advanced states on NST and they match the eye test. In many respects, this has been his best season yet.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
It just might be me but it really seems like this Jets team is really becoming a tight group, i don't remember seeing them talk to each other on the ice before faceoffs like they have this season. Just looks like they are a tighter team than in the previous few seasons. Also Bowness get yourself a slurpee before games if you like 7-11 so much then you might not play 7-11 anymore.:laugh:
I missed a great game it appears. I had to comment on your comment. I totally agree with you, because I have commented in the last few years that as the camera pans down the bench they all looked lifeless with zero emotion. Thwart look so different this year.

I think a couple of personnel changes have made a lot of the difference.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
If Scheifele, Ehlers and Vilardi keep playing like this can you imagine a second line of Namestnikov, Connor and Perfetti ? Wow . I know I'm jumping the gun a bit but man that would be like two first lines.
Now just imagine Chevy makes a trade to bring in an actual top 6 forward to play along side Perfetti and Connor. Nothing against Names as he has been a great addition and a Swiss army knife, but in order to be an actual contender I feel an upgrade would be required. That, plus bring in a top 4 RHD (Adam Larsson maybe?) and we are all set for a deep playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad