Post-Game Talk: Jets crown Kings win 5-2

Nov 24, 2006
I had to go over to the kings board to read what they were saying about the vilardi trade and the guy they got back. Ouch, they are feeling the burn felt by ourselves and others in the past. Well done chevy. That lottery pick for #29 has been a bit of a curse in that both players we had are not looking so great right now. We now have the 11th pick from 2017 which is about where we would have been in 2016 without the lottery. Add the other pieces in the trade and I will take it and wish #80, #29 and their teams the best.
Not to be that guy, but it was 6th overall prior to the lottery.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Missed a dandy (sad face)
Caught the highlights this morning - Ehlers with a couple of beauty snipes -
I have to be honest - wasn't expecting the Jets to walk away with this one on a B2B (3/4) against one of the leagues power house teams.
Made my morning :D

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Prior to the game posted how the LA crew (although mostly centered on iafallo) hasn't really gotten anything on the scoresheet as of late. And Scheifeles finishing is below his usual standard.... So nice to see both breakout a bit :laugh:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I wasn't going to watch as I was trying to get to bed early. Down two nothing I was proud of my decision. But then...
Me when Stanley's not in the lineup :sarcasm: :

1702567599760.png

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Really good game, we controlled most of it. The Kings even strength goal was a fluke.

Their pp goal was created by cross checking Samberg, worse than Schmidt penalty, but no call obviously.

Reactions: roccerfeller
Nov 24, 2006
Hard to say. We had Laine for some epic years and a conference final run. Laine is a wild card, still full of potential and even injured in Columbus could get 30 after a horrible start.

PLD is yet to be determined but I'd rather have our return for the time being
Did you mean to quote me? I was just correcting the poster that said we had the 11th overall pick in 2026, prior to the lottery moving us to 2nd. In actuality, we had the 6th pick, not the 11th.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Went to bed after it was 2-0 (damn work haha) and woke up surprised we won. Just finished watching the game. Amazing how fast it goes when you don't have to listen to Sawyer interviews or watch MPI commercials.

I'll be honest that I feel bad for Kings fans. I hoped the trade would be a win win for both franchises, but PLD is still the same inconsistent player he was here and in Columbus.

How weird that 2016 draft was in hindsight: out of the top 4 players selected, you have 3 pretty meh players.

Right now, Vilardi >>> PLD. Throw in Iaffalo and Kupari and I would say we did well.
Don't forget the Montreal 2nd round pick 😈.
That part always makes me smile.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Seriously, Chevy getting Vilardi , Iafallo , Kupari and a 2nd round pick for a guy who didn't even want to be here has to be one of Chevy's best trades in 12 years . Then add in Neo, Namestnikov and Brossoit,Chevy has to definitely be up for GM of the year.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Seriously, Chevy getting Vilardi , Iafallo , Kupari and a 2nd round pick for a guy who didn't even want to be here has to be one of Chevy's best trades in 12 years . Then add in Neo, Namestnikov and Brossoit,Chevy has to definitely be up for GM of the year.
I wonder how much credit gms get for moves made a few years ago like names and neo. Inking Neo to a good contract is a good move from this year.

I don’t understand why Samberg is still getting the least ice time amongst defencemen. Even less than Schmidt!!
Is that 5 v5 time as schmidt also pped and we peepeed more than we pked. As I can't see that being by design.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I wonder how much credit gms get for moves made a few years ago like names and neo. Inking Neo to a good contract is a good move from this year.

Is that 5 v5 time as schmidt also pped and we peepeed more than we pked.
Didn't we get Neo and Namestnikov just last season? I guess i am going back a bit far but to me it all goes into making us into the team we are this season.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Didn't we get Neo and Namestnikov just last season? I guess i am going back a bit far but to me it all goes into making us into the team we are this season.
exactly, I'm just wondering if it counts and whether it is an accumulative thing or whether they judge it from beginning of off-season to off-season.

Reactions: Jets 31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad