Post-Game Talk: Jets Clown Pounding part 2, Jets win 5-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Apparently they iced an AHL team...also this from the Avs board

"Jets fans seem to be overly too excited about this win. It's like the best thing their franchise has accomplished in their history. I wouldn't be surprised if they started that whole thing. Just let them be. This is how you know that a franchise hasn't done shit, when they are this excited over a 5-0 regular season win over the cup champs"
That’s just one person with an angry and misguided hot take, let it go.

The Avs have been hot lately, injuries or not. They still have a deadly top line that we absolutely shut down, there is no reason to feel bad about our win, regardless of how crippled or ‘off’ they were. That’s hockey. On to the next one.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
When I saw Sara Orlesky's post game interview of Perfetti, I couldn't help but think that she could take him in a fight. Her hands are way bigger, that's for sure. :)

Yep.

He's our babyfaced killer.

Props to all 4 lines for that one -- finally catching up this afternoon and man do we look quicker on the forecheck! Axel F does seem to be spurring on his linemates to keep up and while he ain't no finisher yet, he sure does create havoc and free up a ton of pucks.

Thought Harkins and Mikey F also looked dominant on the forecheck and maintained possession well, and both top lines looked dangerous -- that play by KFC to hold up, dodge a check and then move the puck up ice was jaw-dropping.

Samberg was terrific also I thought -- calming things down, making plays and rarely holding onto the puck too long. Schmidt was the odd D out tonight for me -- not sure what he's bringing most nights that we can't make up inhouse, but I confess to not watching his every shift. Definitely maybe an offseason move though if we're looking to ease up the logjam and save some cap.

And props to 55, who is looking every inch the player he said he would be this season, and Wheeler, who seems far, far happier and is playing right up to the edge of his contract in a way I didn't quite see coming. Great game from that line.

This was a dominant game after the 1st IMO, and one of a handful this year that makes me hearken back to the Pack of Wolves era Jets, who were never out of a game and seemed able to just wear teams down before dismantling them with an incisive goal here and there before shutting things down.

A game to make a Jets' exile's heart right proud.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005

"Jets fans seem to be overly too excited about this win. It's like the best thing their franchise has accomplished in their history. I wouldn't be surprised if they started that whole thing. Just let them be. This is how you know that a franchise hasn't done shit, when they are this excited over a 5-0 regular season win over the cup champs"

They have been winning and playing good hockey. If they beat us they would be touting what a great team they are and how good their depth is.

Sour grapes from some members of their fanbase because they felt like they were going to stroll in and take 2 points from us

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada

Seems like they just really salty about getting blown out. All I've seen in here is people being generically happy over a big win over a tough team. I mean, even with injuries, the Avs are a deep and legit team who are 7-3-0 in their last 10, so I don't see why we're not allowed to be happy for a win. Too bad there are some sore losers over there, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Where would I go to get full details of last night's brawl in the stands?

Seems my Freep this morning is ignoring it, or at least keeping to their usual standard of not covering things that people want to read about.

Reactions: Cypruss
Nov 24, 2006

That guy should come here after a 5-0 loss and see how this board reacts. :laugh:

And every fanbase should be happy to beat the Stanley Cup champs IMO. Depleted or not, the Avs are still a good team.

Last edited:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Great night of hockey for the boys.
Nothing was working for the Avs.
Reminded me of when the Jets start a game looking pretty good but can't score and the other team just blows us away as our missed opportunities pile up.

Can't expect that kind of result every night but it's great when it happens.
Hopefully we can win 3 or 4 of our next 5 to keep this rolling.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Where would I go to get full details of last night's brawl in the stands?

Seems my Freep this morning is ignoring it, or at least keeping to their usual standard of not covering things that people want to read about.

The r/Winnipeg and r/WinnipegJets subreddits have some vids/coverage of it... a couple you can really see how grotesque the incident was. Hoping the one man who was severely injured recovers fully... it looked awful. TNSE should make sure he is well taken care of.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Like, why.

Why are some of their fans so miserable and gotten to over every loss?

YOUR TEAM JUST WON THE CUP.

Jets win a cup and they can go 0-82 for 3 straight years and I'll still be laughing. :laugh:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'd be willing to wager that Wheeler made sure Cole got the jacket instead of him, especially since his great passing was central to Wheeler scoring

I'm unsure if you can win two days in a row. Didn't Blake win last game. It would make sense that the person who holds the jacket selects who gets it next.

Like, why.

Why are some of their fans so miserable and gotten to over every loss?

YOUR TEAM JUST WON THE CUP.

Jets win a cup and they can go 0-82 for 3 straight years and I'll still be laughing. :laugh:

Meh, I don't really care what other fanbases think.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
They were talking about that brawl on the radio and said a thirty-something man and 28-year old woman were arrested. Also mentioned a woman spat on police so I'm guessing it's the same 28-year old woman. If that picture of the woman in handcuffs posted earlier in this thread is from yesterday's game, I'm guessing it was her?

None

Feb 22, 2012
They were talking about that brawl on the radio and said a thirty-something man and 28-year old woman were arrested. Also mentioned a woman spat on police so I'm guessing it's the same 28-year old woman. If that picture of the woman in handcuffs posted earlier in this thread is from yesterday's game, I'm guessing it was her?

Yeah, the woman in the photo is the same that spat on the police.

She spat on fans as well, which from what I understand might have been the catalyst that started the entire thing?

Nov 24, 2006
Yeah, the woman in the photo is the same that spat on the police.

She spat on fans as well, which from what I understand might have been the catalyst that started the entire thing?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

They should know that for the Jets, there's nothing better than beating the Toronto Maple Leafs (according to Blake Wheeler). :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad