Post-Game Talk: Jets Clown Pounding part 2, Jets win 5-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I think my inner voice took a siesta, as I didn't see it until it was pointed out. :laugh:
If you spend your life on a campus (aka Boys into Men) or with 20s sports fans, you don't need to have things pointed out to you. Instead, you spend your life trying to ignore it while trying not to absorb too much of it.

At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Did some posts get removed? I read the whole post game thread and didn’t see any Avs fan posts but did of course see dozens referring to them?

No one needs to get cocky about anything. As great as we are playing look at how close the standings are. A 2 or 3 game losing streak and a team would drop like a rock.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
If you spend your life on a campus (aka Boys into Men) or with 20s sports fans, you don't need to have things pointed out to you. Instead, you spend your life trying to ignore it while trying not to absorb too much of it.

At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Haha, true.

Of course, I spent my youth in some of those same places and was quite like that (sometimes, I still am).

I guess I'm going soft in my old age (read into that what you will). :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Inanna

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Did some posts get removed? I read the whole post game thread and didn’t see any Avs fan posts but did of course see dozens referring to them?

No one needs to get cocky about anything. As great as we are playing look at how close the standings are. A 2 or 3 game losing streak and a team would drop like a rock.
don't really see anyone getting cocky, and don't see how we would drop like a rock when even if we lost 2-3 games we would at worst drop to 3rd in the division with 1-3 points or more depending on if the other teams win those 2-3 games themselves

Reactions: Jets 31

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Haha, true.

Of course, I spent my youth in some of those same places and was quite like that (sometimes, I still am).

I guess I'm going soft in my old age (read into that what you will). :laugh:
Don't worry, I'm told it happens to a lot of men as they get older.

Columbus is in town on Friday and I've lost track of Laine's status. Is he playing with the team these days or is he taking one of his frequent spells on the injured list?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Don't worry, I'm told it happens to a lot of men as they get older.

Columbus is in town on Friday and I've lost track of Laine's status. Is he playing with the team these days or is he taking one of his frequent spells on the injured list?

He's going to start skating today and there's an "outside chance" he plays Friday.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
We shouldn't have to say this but please do not make widespread judgments about towns and their inhabitants based off of one person's actions at a hockey game.
*Two peoples' actions

Kidding aside, idiots come in all shapes and sizes - and all types of jerseys

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I dont know if it's just me but the way this team is coming together on and off the ice, the way the team seems to be flying under the radar with the media outside Winnipeg and the overall vibe the players are giving off it's starting to feel a lot like the 2017-18 Jets.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I would say they handled it better. We (me) tend to get very negative / fire everyone / team is terrible. They basically said "stupid Jets only beat an AHL team. they suck"
They also go to other team’s boards And shame people for getting excited or at least 1 person did.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Heldig

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
don't really see anyone getting cocky, and don't see how we would drop like a rock when even if we lost 2-3 games we would at worst drop to 3rd in the division with 1-3 points or more depending on if the other teams win those 2-3 games themselves
My comment was about all teams not just the Jets. We all make too big of a deal about wins and losses in small samples. I’ll just take things game to game (maybe week to week) and hope we keep winning lots and have some success this spring.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
They should know that for the Jets, there's nothing better than beating the Toronto Maple Leafs (according to Blake Wheeler). :sarcasm:

Scheifele actually said that. Not Wheeler

What a sad individual.

What was his excuse when we beat them earlier this season in Denver?

I would say they handled it better. We (me) tend to get very negative / fire everyone / team is terrible. They basically said "stupid Jets only beat an AHL team. they suck"

How did they handle the ot loss in Denver earlier this season?

Reactions: Jets 31

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They're actually in 2nd points wise in which actual standings takes place first and foremost.

Mort is just debating the winning % in which we're better ......... 53.5 K arguments can't be wrong ...... :laugh:

Sure, they always end up using points at the end of the year - when everyone has played an equal # of games.

They only started publishing pts% quite recently. I won't be surprised if they start defaulting to it in a couple of years.

Reactions: SUX2BU

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Sure, they always end up using points at the end of the year - when everyone has played an equal # of games.

They only started publishing pts% quite recently. I won't be surprised if they start defaulting to it in a couple of years.
The NBA/MLB/NFL I believe may be doing that, however, there is the matter of OT and shoot outs.

The first two play it out and the NFL factors in ties.

Maybe the NHL will follow suit one day, but it started the OT/shootout format, I’m guessing about 2006 (edit June 24/15 adopted the 3 on 3 in OT; shoot out 2005-06 year)

Put in a word with Bettman, Mort. I’m sure he’s a man of the people ……..:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad