Post-Game Talk: Jets Clown Pounding part 2, Jets win 5-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Why is it a bad thing to be happy about playing a very good game against a very good team? Yes they have injuries but so do we, we beat the defending Cup champs 5-0 and have now won both games against Colorado so far this season. To the Colorado fan that came on our board to tell us to simmer down we have injuries i say.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Been trying to key in a bit on Gustafsson and he looks pretty good. He disrupts a ton and seems like one of the better players in the bottom six with the puck on his stick.
I very much like Gustafsson myself, and in my opinion, he's very underrated, and will start putting points up on the board. This Melalainen guy also really looks pretty good, with a fast snap wrist shot. Jets have some good depth now, and just wait til Ehlers returns, as we could have a Cup contender here, and I think we will.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Why is it a bad thing to be happy about playing a very good game against a very good team? Yes they have injuries but so do we, we beat the defending Cup champs 5-0 and have now won both games against Colorado so far this season. To the Colorado fan that came on our board to tell us to simmer down we have injuries i say.

The Avs had a bad night, we had a great night. They’re not going to go away and we may run into them for a playoff series. Most Avs fans seem quite reasonable and level-headed (like their broadcast team) about the game and their direction, don’t let last night’s donkey create a pointless war between fan bases. Save your hate for Vegas, because f*** Vegas.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Its never a good idea to come onto the other fan boards to debate/stir it up. That is what the main boards are for. For me its an easy ignore. Life is too short.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
The Avs had a bad night, we had a great night. They’re not going to go away and we may run into them for a playoff series. Most Avs fans seem quite reasonable and level-headed (like their broadcast team) about the game and their direction, don’t let last night’s donkey create a pointless war between fan bases. Save your hate for Vegas, because f*** Vegas.

Here, here!

F*** Vegas! :laugh:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Been trying to key in a bit on Gustafsson and he looks pretty good. He disrupts a ton and seems like one of the better players in the bottom six with the puck on his stick.

I think he's been generally excellent this season, definitely rounding into the player we longtime Moose-watchers hoped he'd become.

I haven't been able to watch games in real-time this year or keep up with the news but he looked a bit slower last night, has be been carrying an injury?

Still needs to put in some work on the dot but he must be up there with the team leaders in takeaways and pass interceptions, and he has been very good at retrieving and then transitioning pucks out of danger on those occasions when they actually get past him into the zone. I imagine he's absolute hell to play against.

Reactions: RabidOne

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Its never a good idea to come onto other fans boards to debate/stir it up. That is what the main boards are for. For me its an easy ignore. Life is too short.
I saw they posted in the Avs GDT that the Jets were his 2nd team and probably felt that we were embarrassing him with our celebrating, only to embarrass himself in the process coming here.
Apparently winning against COL is also our Stanley cup(s), just like when we win against the Leafs. Who knew?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I very much like Gustafsson myself, and in my opinion, he's very underrated, and will start putting points up on the board. This Melalainen guy also really looks pretty good, with a fast snap wrist shot. Jets have some good depth now, and just wait til Ehlers returns, as we could have a Cup contender here, and I think we will.
Big Saks got an explosive shot. If he can just work on his timing I think he's going to score more.

That sounds unintentionally dirty.

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
Avs are missing players. Yes cuz Ehlers and Appleton are nobody

Appleton was a waiver claim last year. We are playing great and without Ehlers is crazy but I'm not a fan of Jet fans talking about injuries hurting the team and bring up the Appletons and Stanleys etc

We keep these guys healthy in this order we can go far

Helly
Connor
Morrisey
Ehlers
Dubois

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Appleton was a waiver claim last year. We are playing great and without Ehlers is crazy but I'm not a fan of Jet fans talking about injuries hurting the team and bring up the Appletons and Stanleys etc

Helly
Connor
Morrisey
Ehlers
Dubois
Appleton was never on waivers, we traded for him (a 4th or something?). That’s a pretty good deal for a decent bottom six, 30-point player - there’s no way he would have cleared waivers last year or this year.

Pongs21

Jul 18, 2011
Halifax

Helly
Connor
Morrisey
Ehlers
Dubois
Appleton was a trade deadline acquisition for a 4th round pick, not a waiver claim

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
Appleton was a trade deadline acquisition for a 4th round pick, not a waiver claim

I stand corrected Sorry. For the life of me I swear at one point Seattle put him on waivers

Any chance he wasn't claimed and than later he was traded??

Pongs21

Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I stand corrected Sorry. For the life of me I swear at one point Seattle put him on waivers

Any chance he wasn't claimed and than later he was traded??
Definitely not. Chevy stated that he had tried multiple times throughout the year to re-acquire him from Seattle. He was injured for a bit last year when he was there, which is maybe where you're getting confused?
While Appleton isnt a world beater, he was still producing at a nice clip before going out and is a top 9 guy for us, so his injury status isn't nothing.

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Congrats to Team USA. Canada was so close to being there I feel - I have a good feeling about 2026
Sooooo bummed for Canada. I was rooting for you guys, but hey - at least you finally scored a goal at the World Cup. Good luck in the last game. Play for pride, play for your country - and hopefully, Canada can win/draw.

Future is bright for Canada with Davies, David, and company...

All I care about is Iran lost. Those snot guzzling idiots deserve every bit of bad news they can get.
Although I'm glad the country of Iran lost, the players themselves are actually decent people. The players refused to sing the national anthem (even if just one time) in support of the people back in Iran protesting against the Islamic regime. I think in the lead up to the World Cup, the players did speak out in support of progressive human/womens' rights in Iran.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Avs are missing players. Yes cuz Ehlers and Appleton are nobody
Apparently they iced an AHL team...also this from the Avs board

"Jets fans seem to be overly too excited about this win. It's like the best thing their franchise has accomplished in their history. I wouldn't be surprised if they started that whole thing. Just let them be. This is how you know that a franchise hasn't done shit, when they are this excited over a 5-0 regular season win over the cup champs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad