Post-Game Talk: Jets Caps 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Why does anyone here actually watch the games? This fanbase sounds like a bunch of spoiled, entitled brats. Enjoy what you have while you have it. Maybe they'll make it over the hump, maybe they won't, but it doesn't seem like any of you take any enjoyment in watching this team play. Ovie will be gone soon enough. The team will be bottom feeders again soon enough. There will be no hope for the future in due time. Seems like most of you can't wait until we get there.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
In more positive news, Zach Sanford still leads NHL with 100 FO%.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Why does anyone here actually watch the games? This fanbase sounds like a bunch of spoiled, entitled brats. Enjoy what you have while you have it. Maybe they'll make it over the hump, maybe they won't, but it doesn't seem like any of you take any enjoyment in watching this team play. Ovie will be gone soon enough. The team will be bottom feeders again soon enough. There will be no hope for the future in due time. Seems like most of you can't wait until we get there.

How dare you...

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

You're right. We should at the very least enjoy the second half of our only generational player in franchise history (I don't count Jagr).

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Save your breath. It wont matter.

Team is on a 123 pt pace. Even with everyone's concerns about complacency.

They aren't 10-0
They haven't beaten teams 5-0 each game
Kuznetsov sucks
Trotz is a loser
McLellan is just a McPhee lackey.
Can't roll 3 scoring "first lines" in the forward ranks
Can't roll 3 top 2 defenseman pairs (holes in the line-up Everywhere!!)
Team sucks as bad as they did last year.
No urgency, haven't seen 600 intense minutes like other team in league have shown.
Passing sucks. Not efficient
Team is a bunch of Fancy stat patsies
No cap room to get "a Kessel type difference maker"
Team held on to Green and Semin and Brouwer too long"
Won't win without Chimera and Ward
On and on and on.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Enjoy the regular season and the indvidual player accomplishments, as they are likely to be the only joy we have as Caps fans.

Who knows though, CLE, Cubs, DC NEXT!!!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Enjoy the regular season and the indvidual player accomplishments, as they are likely to be the only joy we have as Caps fans.

Who knows though, CLE, Cubs, DC NEXT!!!

Probably true. I get that the consistent shortcomings in the playoffs are a drag, but ****, man. This team has missed the playoffs just once since 2007-08. We're watching arguably the greatest goal scorer of all time play out his career in DC. Our goalie won the Vezina last year. The team won the President's Trophy. They're another legitimate contender for the Cup. I know it's not perfect and I want a Cup as much as the next guy but I would think we could all appreciate the journey a little more.

'tis better to travel well than arrive poorly.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
That OT goal reminded me of...

alex-ovechkin-island.jpg

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Probably true. I get that the consistent shortcomings in the playoffs are a drag, but ****, man. This team has missed the playoffs just once since 2007-08. We're watching arguably the greatest goal scorer of all time play out his career in DC. Our goalie won the Vezina last year. The team won the President's Trophy. They're another legitimate contender for the Cup. I know it's not perfect and I want a Cup as much as the next guy but I would think we could all appreciate the journey a little more.

'tis better to travel well than arrive poorly.

Given Caps' history, impossible to expect fans, much less all fans, to look at the team with Buddha's smile. If you can do it -- great, and if others choose to vent, that's great, too -- full range of humanity, haha.

So far...
Is the team playing attractive hockey? Not really.
Are we seeing any signs that this team is gonna get over the hump? So far, no.
Do regular season points matter? Not really, since missing playoffs is not a threat.
Are we watching a team "under construction" where half the fun is looking forward to future greatness? Not really, because the current cap window is closing.
Are there some interesting players to see develop? Yes!
Are there some great plays happening during games? Yes!
Will this team have a puncher's chance in playoffs? Yes!

So -- can pick and choose what to feel happy and/or sad about :)

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Save your breath. It wont matter.

Team is on a 123 pt pace. Even with everyone's concerns about complacency.

They aren't 10-0
They haven't beaten teams 5-0 each game
Kuznetsov sucks
Trotz is a loser
McLellan is just a McPhee lackey.
Can't roll 3 scoring "first lines" in the forward ranks
Can't roll 3 top 2 defenseman pairs (holes in the line-up Everywhere!!)
Team sucks as bad as they did last year.
No urgency, haven't seen 600 intense minutes like other team in league have shown.
Passing sucks. Not efficient
Team is a bunch of Fancy stat patsies
No cap room to get "a Kessel type difference maker"
Team held on to Green and Semin and Brouwer too long"
Won't win without Chimera and Ward
On and on and on.

This, thank you good sir. :)

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
cutting to the chase the caps may be the first team that actually sucks to repeat having the best record in the league.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Last night's game was truly a tale of three periods. Flat but okay in the first, dominant in the second, and total **** in the third. Pretty much a pick-your-poison of who this team is/could be.

That said, it's the first week of November, so my only real concern is Kuzy. Whatever's going on in his head needs to get right quick.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Last night's game was truly a tale of three periods. Flat but okay in the first, dominant in the second, and total **** in the third. Pretty much a pick-your-poison of who this team is/could be.

That said, it's the first week of November, so my only real concern is Kuzy. Whatever's going on in his head needs to get right quick.

I think he'll be alright. Is he going to be the leading scorer on this team? Probably not. Teams are hip to some of his tricks now and he's got to reinvent just a tiny bit. He's got the talent to do it. He'll likely still end up with 60-70 points this year. If he goes 15-50 or 20-50 I'm good with that. That's what we need out of him to be successful. He's only on pace for around 50 right now but he'll pick it up. A hot streak here and there throughout the year ought to get him there.

The big thing is for him to keep that pace up in the playoffs. If he can give almost a point a game in the playoffs that would be ideal.

billcook

Apr 17, 2012
I think Kuznetsov is fine actually, at least 5v5. When PP starts clicking he will get close to point-per-game just as last season.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I think Kuznetsov is fine actually, at least 5v5. When PP starts clicking he will get close to point-per-game just as last season.

I dunno if he's going to get a ton of points on the PP if MaJo keeps playing like he is now. No chance he comes off unit 1. If the powerplay continues to struggle maybe he'll get top PP unit duty. I highly doubt PP1 struggles long term though. You've got too much talent there and the most prolific PP weapon in the NHL in Ovi. The floodgates will explode soon, like they always do. We have stretches like this every year with the PP where we question what's going on. Carlson will continue to develop a chemistry with Ovi as well. That no look pass to win the last game was epic. The more comfortable he gets being the distributor up top the better it'll get.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm more worried about Carlson than I am Kuzy. Maybe you can argue that it's his lack of chemistry with Orlov that's making him overthink things and be slow to react, but he's playing awfully. Carlson is making poor reads one-on-one, is getting beat wide, is turning over the puck, and generally looks slow out there.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I'm more worried about Carlson than I am Kuzy. Maybe you can argue that it's his lack of chemistry with Orlov that's making him overthink things and be slow to react, but he's playing awfully. Carlson is making poor reads one-on-one, is getting beat wide, is turning over the puck, and generally looks slow out there.

I think he's used to suck in the autumn. Happens often with him.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
He gets so much crap here...lol Carlson does a fine job as a #1. Again back to the over reactive spoiled brat fan theory lol.

Did you watch the game last night? Any games so far this season? Carlson was on the ice for all three goals the Jets scored during their comeback last night, including that hideous snafu when he and Holtby collided. So far this season, his GA60 at even strength is double that of frigging Brooks Orpik. It's even 40% higher than his own partner, Orlov.

Carlson has been piss poor so far this season.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I think it's time we acknowledge that Niskanen is the #1 on this team, not Carlson.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Once Sanford gets his brain out of his feet, he's going to be a player.

edit: For clarification, I mean once he's a little more proactive about where he should be going, or forcing other players to make reads instead of trying to read them and then react. Once the "things you have to do" get drilled firmly into his head, he's going to start looking better and better until the rookie wall.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I think it's time we acknowledge that Niskanen is the #1 on this team, not Carlson.

At this very moment yes, Niskanen is our best D. It sucks, because Carlson on his game is better than him.

As said previously, we're all worried about Kuzy but Carlson is perhaps even more concerning right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad