Post-Game Talk: Jets Caps 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Not quite a (playoff 2nd round)-worthy performance, but ended on a positive note... Next!

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Backstrom with 3 points as well, good for him.

With cold Kuz we need Lars in good shape more than ever

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
That change that resulted in the penalty was hilarious. Dead tired Wheeler and Byfuglien who just had over 2-minute shift on the Caps zone when Johansson and Oshie get the puck and turn it the other way. Thought they would surely have a 2-on-1 and suddenly it's 2-on-3 at their blue-line and Wheeler and Byfuglien both still scrambling to get off the ice. :laugh:

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
That change that resulted in the penalty was hilarious. Dead tired Wheeler and Byfuglien who just had over 2-minute shift on the Caps zone when Johansson and Oshie get the puck and turn it the other way. Thought they would surely have a 2-on-1 and suddenly it's 2-on-3 at their blue-line and Wheeler and Byfuglien both still scrambling to get off the ice. :laugh:
Mean while Maurice was blowing up over the call. :laugh: The guys coming on the ice were at the blue lines and on players and the two coming off were at best within a foot of the bench.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Mean while Maurice was blowing up over the call. :laugh: The guys coming on the ice were at the blue lines and on players and the two coming off were at best within a foot of the bench.

And somehow the Jets board feels like it was a bad call. That was about the most blatant too many men I have ever seen.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
And somehow the Jets board feels like it was a bad call. That was about the most blatant too many men I have ever seen.
Oh dear god, they thought Buff was the player being interfered with! Mojo got spun around 180 and pulled down yet he was interfering with Buff. :popcorn:

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto

I was watching the Jets broadcast and they never showed a good angel of the penalty. I'd still like to see it myself.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Oh dear god, they thought Buff was the player being interfered with! Mojo got spun around 180 and pulled down yet he was interfering with Buff. :popcorn:

As soon as Byfuglien's free hand was over Mojo's left shoulder, that should have been a penalty call. The fact that Mojo's sheer effort earned one anyway should be commended.

What's weird is that since his arrival, I've been saying that Justin Williams will be the best possible teacher for Johansson. I didn't realize it would be by virtue of letting Marcus siphon all of his ability while Williams turns into a clumsy dummy.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Ovi saved us from embarrassment, praise the Great 8.
I'm still shaking my head at Carlson and Holtby's collision.

Same, it seems like if all Carlson did was veer left instead of right, he wouldn't have been in Holtby's way at all, and WOULD be positioned firmly in the crease for what came next.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
We are seriously struggling here, man!

Need to perform a ritual sacrifice of one hundred penguins and one ex-GM...

Maybe they should keep the Swedes together -- probably best way to develop Bura. That's all I got... Orlov at forward? Haha. Would be entertaining!

Need faster grit and more brains everywhere in the org. Somehow...

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
CwYwiRcW8AAfGSg.jpg

pocketrockets

Dec 12, 2010
Such a strange schedule we have. We have 3 more back to backs this month after this crazy road trip that had a back to back built into it.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/did-the-jets-get-burned-by-a-bad-call-in-ot~986795

TSN, really?:shakehead:shakehead burned by a bad call?? after missing 2-3 calls that should favor Caps in this game?? Oh man.

Orlov was bad, Carlson was bad, the first goal against wtf?? if you decide to leave your net, you must be 200% sure that you'll get the puck, take it even with the glove, stop it, throw it away, but don't do what you did #70. #74 was also a little bit responsible on this.

Ovechkin, 18th career OT goals, just behind Jagr (19).

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/did-the-jets-get-burned-by-a-bad-call-in-ot~986795

TSN, really?:shakehead:shakehead burned by a bad call?? after missing 2-3 calls that should favor Caps in this game?? Oh man.

Orlov was bad, Carlson was bad, the first goal against wtf?? if you decide to leave your net, you must be 200% sure that you'll get the puck, take it even with the glove, stop it, throw it away, but don't do what you did #70. #74 was also a little bit responsible on this.

Ovechkin, 18th career OT goals, just behind Jagr (19).

TSN broadcasts Jets games and Canadian games in general, obviously they're biased. We beat them clean, and it would not have required OT if not for 70 and 74's blunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille