Post-Game Talk: Jets can't break Glass - 2:1 Hawks

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Love Roslovic, but I wish Maurice would've played Dano instead of a raw rookie in the last 10 minutes.

I'll take the raw rookie in this case - but I'm not a Dano fan - don't see what he brings

Reactions: GNP

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
When Chicago was really good and we were garbage we always had their number, now that we are apparently good and Chicago not as good they are returning the favor.

Please Lowry or Tanev be healthy for tomorrrow.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Ehlers, Armia, Perreault had good games, Laine had a good third period.

Trouba and Morrissey solid.

Hard to fault Helly when the team can only get 1 goal.

bottom six

Lowry >Copp>Tanev>Dano>Mathias>Roslo>Hendricks

Reactions: GNP

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Too many forwards fighting the puck esp OConnor. Hawks skated well no shame in that loss.

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017
LOL! Uh no.

Just my way of saying no one had a good game. But hey, Laine was flying for about six minutes so not all bad.

edit: But our first line's still the only one that looks lost, 2nd and 3rd were alright again, just nothing to show for it :(

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
pretty fun game to watch love how we are always dangerous of coming back in a game kinda like how chicago used to be in their prime. man its been like a year n half now of watching laine shoot and i still get a chub everytime i watch him beat a goalie from far out with a wrister,

liked roslovic with army copp line hope this means lemuiex in for mathias tomorrow since i felt he played shitty. i would offer him to a team like edm we dont need him and have depth better than he is.

helly was good minus the softy unfortunetly in these kinds of games that one bad one is the differance.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player post-game audio: Wheeler & Laine

Coach Maurice post-game scrum topics: Thoughts on the first 40 minutes. Hitting the post (multiple times) for the Jets. Challenges the Hawks present in the neutral zone. Status of Steve Mason. Will Mason dress tomorrow? More on Mason. Who starts tomorrow? Need to rebound quickly. More on Mason.

To listen click here.

Reactions: JetsFan815

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
The Jets really needed to win tonight or at least get a point. The Central division is just too tight to let points slip away. Following tomorrow night's game in Minnesota, the Jets will be off for a week and could slide in the standings. I hope I'm wrong to be worrying at this stage. One thing is for sure, even though Hellebuyck played tonight in Chicago, I hope they start him against the Wild tomorrow so that they at least have a chance to win.

:jets

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017
Ehlers was flying tonight, Perreault was pretty good and Armia solid but as usual can’t buy a goal, Laine arrived late in the third period and played well. No other forwards were even okay.

I know I know. Just too fixated on results atm. Frenchie brings it every night and Ehlers even made some neat passes I didn't see coming. Neither could buy a goal tho.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
That second goal was deflating
sMkYy.gif

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
PP could have been the difference. It was just awful. They had no clue.
Noticed Trouba came out for the final minute in the last pp and group had some chances. I think Mo was getting a bit frustrated with how it looked too.

Now Trouba wasn’t the reason for a bit more pressure on pp, but a change was needed.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Pass coming up ice from D man seemed to isolate puck carrier forcing dump in or bad play at blue line. Puck support for zone entry wasn't there with Hawks agressive PK.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Buff had a good first period and a decent start in the 2nd.

But once they get behind he turns into risky Buff, with bad pinches, staying deep in the ozone. He should thank Roslovic for a great backcheck on a 3 on 1.

It’s 1-0, stay with the program Buff, you don’t need to press and forget about your dzone responsibilities.

Reactions: MoreMorrissey

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Didn't think we played all that poorly at all? Hawks pressure you like crazy so you have to be patient dealing with them which we were. Turned it on after Maine hit that first post. Almost tied it.

Played well enough defensively that both goals were just normal shots on net into traffic. Shut down Kane completely.

Better luck tomorrow I hope.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

When our PP gets rushed, it looks awful
Chicago was on us and limited out time /space -
In particular, the point guys didn't get any room tonight - very few shots from the point, no lanes and we ended up trying to move the puck around down low and lost a lot of those battles along the walls.

Reactions: sipowicz
Nov 24, 2006
I dunno you guys, I think the Hawks played a sound game defending us. They took away a lot of time and space tonight and pressured us well. Goalie was amazing too.

Can't win them all I guess.

Edit. I see a couple of you above me noticed that as well.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
When Chicago was really good and we were garbage we always had their number, now that we are apparently good and Chicago not as good they are returning the favor.

Please Lowry or Tanev be healthy for tomorrrow.
No way they sweep us. Can't see our team losing twice on home ice to anyone in regular season this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad