Post-Game Talk: Jets can't break Glass - 2:1 Hawks

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
Scheif little Lowry Hendricks. Next game little copp Lowry hendricks

I’m not discounting what Hendricks brings to the team. Great motivator and all that. But when it comes to the playoffs, and the team can’t get motivated, there is something inherently wrong. If the Jets can add some extra depth, I’m all for it.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I dunno you guys, I think the Hawks played a sound game defending us. They took away a lot of time and space tonight and pressured us well. Goalie was amazing too.

Can't win them all I guess.

Edit. I see a couple of you above me noticed that as well.

They did, just like in the previous one. Seemed like the Jets didn’t get may quality opportunities. Kudos to Chicago.

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
I didn’t watch/listen to the game tonight. Highlights looked really good. First time in a while that the Jets lost in faceoff %.

These losses are opportunities to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the team.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
when is a armia contract to go out? hope he dont sign for more mess here. i want to see him fireing on all cylinders. not going ON here. he lately see some more icetime after suffering for many many years at this organisation that show no interest putting him to top six. he here like a defensman almost getting to do cleaning and alot defensive stuff and also has to be one man armia all the time and Always alone in line for one man armia as said. he does still so much importance for this team and is not gonna follow this path or he dumb. he is more valuable much more of course than the get-rid-of-buff player. armia is the one that should have enjoying the highlife of buffs BIG moneycontract with full icetime and stuff. but armia is the doghoused here in all the wrongness. still organisation sleeping about this bosses situations here.

armia pelase demand trade this is not funny has never been. youre a 1st round pick and you have a unique style in hockey and you put huge numbers to table elsewhere. this organisation is not working.

avgard hockeyprofessors

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
when is a armia contract to go out? hope he dont sign for more mess here. i want to see him fireing on all cylinders. not going ON here. he lately see some more icetime after suffering for many many years at this organisation that show no interest putting him to top six. he here like a defensman almost getting to do cleaning and alot defensive stuff and also has to be one man armia all the time and Always alone in line for one man armia as said. he does still so much importance for this team and is not gonna follow this path or he dumb. he is more valuable much more of course than the get-rid-of-buff player. armia is the one that should have enjoying the highlife of buffs BIG moneycontract with full icetime and stuff. but armia is the doghoused here in all the wrongness. still organisation sleeping about this bosses situations here.

armia pelase demand trade this is not funny has never been. youre a 1st round pick and you have a unique style in hockey and you put huge numbers to table elsewhere. this organisation is not working.

avgard hockeyprofessors
puts a fart at you backstage for trying to take my armia away! he is signing here to a 4 year 2.5 million a year deal and will play 15 mins on the 3rd line while scoring 20 goals net year and be huge in playoffs when we win the cup

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Career bum stole the game for Chicago. Oh well, can’t win them all, especially on the road. Onto the next one.

Reactions: Calendal

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Sometimes you lose and it's not anyone's fault except the other team.

Agreed, Blackhawks did play very well.

But I was still quite frustrated about PP, esp. PP1 where the play died pretty much every time Buff and sometimes Wheeler did think they can slow the game. They couldn't. Why can't PP1 just give those quick hard and accurate passes for each others so that the PK team has to back off? With PP1 it seems to be almost every time that right side guys want to stay standstill with the puck or shoot it, and it's not working.

Pass, pass and pass to make more room and better opportunities. And then shoot when you have that opportunity.

Blackhawks was playing terrific PK, so that was partially their "fault".

Reactions: Scheifelaine

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Really hoping no one is actually pinning this lose on Helle. Yeah, the second goal was weak but we scored ONE freakin goal, against their third string goalie.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Agreed, Blackhawks did play very well.

But I was still quite frustrated about PP, esp. PP1 where the play died pretty much every time Buff and sometimes Wheeler did think they can slow the game. They couldn't. Why can't PP1 just give those quick hard and accurate passes for each others so that the PK team has to back off? With PP1 it seems to be almost every time that right side guys want to stay standstill with the puck or shoot it, and it's not working.

Pass, pass and pass to make more room and better opportunities. And then shoot when you have that opportunity.

Blackhawks was playing terrific PK, so that was partially their "fault".
Agree. I love wheeler and what he brings to the team. But he sucks at that position on the PP. every team knows by now that you send two guys in to pressure him and he coughs up the puck. Rinse and repeat.

MP or ehlers there please

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
We dominated the 3rd period !!! and the Hawks were "lucky" to get away with their skin on. When we had to turn up the heat in the 3rd, and take it to another level- we clearly did, and Chicago had nothing more to give --"no extra gear." They are not quite the same team anymore that won Stanley Cups.

We had better scoring chances by far -- we hit the post 2 times in the 3rd period, and one time in the 2nd period. We missed clean breakaways, and their Goalie Glass won that game for them. I think the Jet's will thump them next game in the Peg.

Laine really came out of his sleep and looked "lethal" in the 3rd period, and just about tied it up for us. Ehlers and Connor were also in all alone, but couldn't light the lamp. Oh well, you just cannot win them all --"sometimes it's a lucky bounce" - and it was Chicago's turn to win.

I'm really trying hard to like Dano !!! - looks pretty invisible and useless out there to me, and I'll be happy seeing Tanev, and Lowry back. This was the difference !!!

There were positives here for the Jets-- they kept coming to the final buzzer, and it shows this team has developed "come back character" Good to see. Just about came back and tied-"very close." :cool:

I'll be happy if they beat Minny and take 4 of 6 points on the road. I think we've beaten them the last 2 straight, and if the Jet's empty the tank, and give it their all, and bring their A Game -- I think we win this one. :thumbu:

This will be a nice way to close, before the "break" - empty the tank and win !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaibu

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
That was a hard fought game. Zero puck luck for the Jets, but got to hand it to the Hawks. They played very good defense. Those stick checks and shot blocks were ridiculous at times, and they didn't get penalties either.

Helle has bailed this team out so many times that the team needed to return the favor here. Not blaming Helle in the slightest for this one. We need to score more than 1 goal, and on a normal day this game would have been in the bag. Glass played a ridiculous game, bailing his team out of a few 2-on-1's and breakaways. Good for him.

Some chemistry issues with the first line, a couple of times Laine and Wheeler were thinking of completely different plays on the rush. They still had multiple chances this game even though Connor and Wheeler were a bit off at times.

Summa summarum: The Hawks didn't have that many quality chances, and the Jets were not able to convert on theirs. Better team lost, but that's the way it goes. Keep on keeping on and this team will be fine. Oh, and the PP was back to their ridiculous ways. They need to work on their zone entries (again). I would put Ehlers in PP1 to make sure we have our zone-entry guy and our generational sniper on the same PP. At least until Scheif gets back.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Zero puck luck plus they should have simplified the game. Did a little too much at times.
Poop happens.

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
When our PP gets rushed, it looks awful
Chicago was on us and limited out time /space -
In particular, the point guys didn't get any room tonight - very few shots from the point, no lanes and we ended up trying to move the puck around down low and lost a lot of those battles along the walls.

Then again when hawks failed at their blue, Perreault was alone against their goalie. Convert on that and narrative is quite different.

Their PK was good but comes with some risks also.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
We also had 2 or 3 partial two on ones we didn't quite execute perfectly from Hawks pressuring us at the line on our PP. They basically sell out stopping you from setting up and force you to take your chance off the rush. It's smart, but the kind of thing teams can take advantage of.

Reactions: GNP

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I think Helle shoulders some blame for the weak goal. Just like he gets credit for single-handedly stealing us points in other games.

Hellebuyck should get just as much or more credit for keeping the team in the game when we were down 0-2.

.926 SV% is good enough to win on most nights even when one of the goals was a weak one.

Reactions: Jets 31

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Zero puck luck plus they should have simplified the game. Did a little too much at times.
Poop happens.
We've got a few players who just arent effective on the rush, especially with all those Chicago active sticks flying around. I know guys hate dump and chase, but we needed to do more of it last night. Even a guy like Wheeler would have been more effective with the d&c last night. Matthias and Hendricks should always dump.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I've noticed this season the Jets need to score on the 1st to have a good game.
Somehow feels the energy is missing if they don't score.

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
puts a fart at you backstage for trying to take my armia away! he is signing here to a 4 year 2.5 million a year deal and will play 15 mins on the 3rd line while scoring 20 goals net year and be huge in playoffs when we win the cup
Also Joel just had bigger TOI than any other Jets forward against the Sabres (19:23). Plus been regularly given time on PP also, so I don't know what'll be enough to please our dear hockeyprofessor?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad